Curling Most Popular Olympic Sport?

Neon_Matrix

Whoever fixed the topic title is a god. Thanks!

I swear hell has frozen over. At http://www.wnbc.com/olympics2006/index/index.html there is a poll on the bottom right hand side where you can vote for the sport you find to be most popular, and Curling is tops with 26% of the vote, followed by Hockey at 17%. Never did I ever expect to find Curling, of all sports, with 1/4 of the popular vote on an American web site. I'm thinking its a joke, but appearently Curling was the first sold out event this season...so we'll see...

Just thought people would get a kick out of this.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Curling is boring, yet addictive to watch. The skill in getting the stones to stop on the bullseye is amazing.

don't like any Olypmic coverage on NBC. They cater the ratings to housewives, not sports fans. You'll only see figure skating and maybe skiing during prime time. I'll stick tothe viewing on CNBC and MSNBC, and even the French Canadian channel. At least then I can see good hockey games, and some cool sports like Bobsled and Skeleton.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I dont know why, but for some reason curling just seems like its hella tight.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Can the CCSLC Olympic Curling Fantasy League be far behind?

Man, I'd love to do that ... but the logistics of a scoring system would be far too complicated.

It would tough to figure out, but it would be fun.

the problem is there is no curling league out there -- which i'm very surprised about

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is it me or do I see that is indeed a joke of a poll.

Curling stinks, man. Why would anyone outside of, say, Canada wants to see people throw a giant paperweight down a sheet of a hockey rink while two people use brooms to clean said sheet. Give me some Olympic Hockey instead.

I can't wait to watch curling and hockey, they will rock, espeically since they are sho win golds for Canada!!! :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I found it odd that Curling was the first even to sell out at the Turin Olympics. I could see that happen in Scotland but Italy isnt excatly a powerhouse in the sport.

I myself like curling to an extent. The beginning of the ends are perhaps the most boring thing to watch in all sports, but the last couple stones of the end are one of the most exciting things to watch in sports.

Another wierd thing about that poll is that Bobsleigh/Luge/Skeleton are the least interested events. For me thats what i'm looking forward to the most.

1zqy8ok.gif

Is it me or do I see that is indeed a joke of a poll.

Curling stinks, man. Why would anyone outside of, say, Canada wants to see people throw a giant paperweight down a sheet of a hockey rink while two people use brooms to clean said sheet. Give me some Olympic Hockey instead.

I'm guessing it was mostly women who picked curling.

After all, an activity glorifying sweeping is what women like, right?

Curling is the Napolean Dynamite of the Winter Olympics...you have every reason to not like it in the slightest yet it is surprisingly charming, even addictive.

Napoleon Dynamite wants me to go on a mass killing spree, Curling wants me to open a beer. DONT ever compare the two...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Thank god I'm not the only freak who likes watching curling... ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived