UNC Color Name?

Avsman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks iowahoo, I'll put you down for membership.

Your invoice is in the mail, as are the bumper stickers and trucker cap.

Please feel free to use the Dennis Blue graphic anywhere you feel it is appropriate.

i want a bumper sticker and hat too!

Dennis Blue from now on! :censored: girly-carolina blue

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Is there a website that has this listings of all of these somewhere?

Eventually, I'll have them all on my site (SSUR.org for the newbies), but right now, they all reside in a series of databases on my hard drive.

^_^

Which you have backed up in multiple locations so as not to lose them all.

Right??????

It's where I sit.

How's that national championship working out for wake.

of, yeah, that's right, nevermind.

i was actually rooting for you cause i hate illinois - i seem to remember a certain ACC game last year between wake and unc - how'd that turn out again... :D

worldchampsll1.png

^ True.

I'm just messing with you guys. It's good to see some fellow ACCers on here, and this should be an exciting year in the conference. As long as somebody steps up and beats dook.

likewise - and you're right, should be a good year - gotta make sure duke doesn't win the conference :evil:

worldchampsll1.png

I'm including the Pantone values in these since you can find them using Google anyway...

Institutional Colors:

UofNorthCarolina_INS_2005_SOL.jpg

Athletic Colors:

UofNorthCarolina_ATH_2005_SOL.jpg

I'm sorry. Maybe I should have been a little more specific. I was actually looking for the name of the color of the Tarheels football helmets. I should have said that in my original post and I apologize.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

The Carolina Alumni Review actually wrote a lengthy article about this whole color issue about 18 months ago. It was the cover story. But it took them 6 months to cram in a blurb for my wedding announcement.

Can we repeat Mero's office worker poll among US workers? While I suspect the Aussies would top the Americans on the geography questions (that they even knew it was part of the name of 2 states trumps the average American's grasp of where they live, sadly), I'd be willing to bet that they could identify the color. And Nike and adidas, among others, sell shoes in "Carolina", and they're referring to the stunning shade of light blue we all know and love, or should.

Because if God's not a Tar Heel, why are the clouds white and the sky Carolina blue? :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Because if God's not a Tar Heel, why are the clouds white and the sky Carolina blue? :D

Maybe he's an early 80's Royals fan? (at least when they were on the road.)

OK, that was weak.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Carolina Alumni Review actually wrote a lengthy article about this whole color issue about 18 months ago. It was the cover story. But it took them 6 months to cram in a blurb for my wedding announcement.

Can we repeat Mero's office worker poll among US workers? While I suspect the Aussies would top the Americans on the geography questions (that they even knew it was part of the name of 2 states trumps the average American's grasp of where they live, sadly), I'd be willing to bet that they could identify the color. And Nike and adidas, among others, sell shoes in "Carolina", and they're referring to the stunning shade of light blue we all know and love, or should.

But the sky is Dennis Blue, showing that God is a Monty Python fan, and therefore has a sense of humour.

Carolina has two shades of blue, as shown by Pantone.

297C and 278 C.

Therefore only one of them should be Carolina Blue.

And that's why the more popular version is now called Dennis Blue.

To repeat my office quiz:

I asked what colour Carolina Blue was

A. Light Blue b. Royal Blue and C. Navy Blue.

"What is Carolina?"

What colour is PMS 287C ? (Without cheating and looking at the text, a sample is in my sig)

An American version would be:

What is the capital of Australia? (No, it's not Sydney)

In which state does the Crocodile Hunter have a crocodile farm?

Is Australia ahead, or behind America in regard to the International Time Zones?

What is a Carolina? (See how many say "a state?")

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I would like to formally like to request admisssion into the Dennis Blue club, being as I was the one who got this all started. I will no longer refer to the color in question as anything but Dennis Blue. I thank the High Council for their time and eagerly await their decision.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

Archived