Houston MLS Team logo leaked

totc

Yeah...I really see professional soccer taking off in Houston....

So why exactly isn't Rochester, NY yet an MLS town? Must my hometown continue to outdraw most of the MLS cities with A-League soccer?

Yeesh.

If by Kansas City and San Jose (which is no longer in the league) you mean most.

What Rochester needs more than anything is $20 mil to enter the league. When they can put that up they'll get in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not everything has to be Americanized.

But it can be ORIGINAL. Not copying European traditions as gimmicks to get European and Hispanic football fans to change their loyalties. (I mean... "REAL" Salt Lake? Give me a :censored:ing break.)

If the MLS wants to be taken seriously as an AMERICAN sport, it should create it's own AMERICAN identities.

This is just another strike for the MLS of being a huge joke. I'll continue rooting for my European clubs until the States gets some REAL teams. I'd rather cheer for the Tampa Bay Mutiny than the REAL Tampa Bay FC Commonwealth 1749 or whatever. So what if "Mutiny" is Americanized? Incase you haven't noticed. These teams are in AMERICA. Atleast it makes sense for the teams to have "Americanized" names.

That :censored: just makes them look stupid. The European clubs do it because they HAVE A REASON TO.

(Putting the date of independence in the logo is laughable. Trying to make yourselves look historic instead of the crappy relocation franchise you are? Pathetic.)

Oh, and the colors = ew.

I'd rather cheer for the Tampa Bay Mutiny than the REAL Tampa Bay FC Commonwealth 1749 or whatever.

Mind you, it's pretty hard to do when the team closed up shop years ago.

Now the Rowdies...that was a team worth cheering for!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Those of you all worked up will be relieved to know this was a big hoax. A hell of a well-executed hoax.

Truthfully, the logo wasn't that bad. I've seen FAR worse, and the concept was respectable.

However, since this is all a hoax, I guess it's a moot point anyhow. Looking over some of the nicknames, some have potential. I like the name Toros, but with FC Dallas having the bull theme currently in use, I doubt Houston goes that direction. Apollos, which I think should have been selected for the football team, is the obvious choice and if this really is a fan vote, I can't see it not selected.

Hopefully they go with Houston Apollos and not something like Apollo FC or some European twist.

Where did you find that it was all a hoax? Not that I'm complaining mind you.

on the message boards they originally appeared on... you'll notice one of the names at the bottom of the poster is Pheobe Cates, who is an actress (and known for one of the most famous nude scenes in movie history :) )... this was mocked up by an art student looking to have a little fun

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That is a :censored: logo. Wow. Thank god for a hoax. I agree that it just sounds so weird to have these "regal" names like DC United, Real Salt Lake. I agree with an earlier remark to be more original, I mean the league is going into it's 11th season and some of these names make it sound as if its been around 111years. Why fake history? Be proud of the imfamous celery green, light teal, red, and florescent yellow the San Jose Clash wore in their inaugural year. :lol: Seriously, be unique, it might make the league stand out.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Those of you all worked up will be relieved to know this was a big hoax. A hell of a well-executed hoax.

Bravo, I say. Bravo. Almost as good as (bitter old) Puckguy's Shark hoax from years ago.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow. Nice one. I was certainly taken hook, line, and sinker on it.

Now, let's all hope that word of this hoax hasn't made its way to some stroke at adidas, who's looking intently at the logo and thinking "Hey, that could work..."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pheobe Cates, who is an actress (and known for one of the most famous nude scenes in movie history :) )

Doesn't anybody ever ******* knock anymore?

cates28.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived