Sports Logos Similar to

MisterE

Are there any sports logos that look similar to other logos such as, corporate logos, school logos, ect.

Example: Washington Nationals and Walgreen's

Nationals: http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=2323

Walgreen's: http://www.walgreens.com

That is just stupid... there is no way you can compare the two... this is a dumb topic.

Thanks for the input chiefster <_<

Actually Mister E., you aren't alone in noticing the similarity of the two logos.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That is just stupid... there is no way you can compare the two... this is a dumb topic.

I think he just did.

And they are simular looking.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

<_<

I've noticed the Nats-Walgreen connection before.

Me too, I started a thread on it way back in the summer. With that loop in the "W" the similarity is pretty obvious, especially if you buy something from Walgreens and look at the logo on their bag.

The Washington Nationals' W is not similar to the Walgreens W. It's similar to the old Washington Senators' W.

Now, if you want to debate if the old Senators' W is similar to the Walgreens W, then that's much more fair. But it's clear the Nationals copied the Senators' W -- that was the intent all along.

I've posted this before, but these two look pretty similar.

JAYSNEW.gif

TOR_1412.gif

One is a used car lot, the other is a professional baseball team. I think the car lot actually comes out on top.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've noticed the Walgreens/Senators/Nationals similarity before. Pretty cool, IMO.

For what it's worth, I've noticed the similarities in this menage a trois...

Sportcraft -- manufacturers of air hockey tables, billiard tables, excercise equipment, etc...

Sportcraft_logo.gif

Screen Gems -- television and movie productions...

sscreengemslogo.gif

And the Portland Trail Blazers...

Interesting, huh? Kinda? Maybe? :/

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I've noticed the Walgreens/Senators/Nationals similarity before. Pretty cool, IMO.

Sportcraft -- manufacturers of air hockey tables, billiard tables, excercise equipment, etc...

Sportcraft_logo.gif

sscreengemslogo.gif

Interesting, huh? Kinda? Maybe? :/

I'm getting tired of your Portland bias.

I've noticed the Walgreens/Senators/Nationals similarity before.  Pretty cool, IMO.

Sportcraft_logo.gif

sscreengemslogo.gif

Interesting, huh?  Kinda?  Maybe?   :/

I'm getting tired of your Portland bias.

:blink:

Did that seem unprovoked, or is it just me?

Anyhow... I also recall seeing this near rip-off of a defunct WHA team logo and the cable channel Starz Westerns...

spurwest.jpg

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived