The Craziest Uniform I've Ever Seen

DG_ThenNowForever

Actually, they only wear those at Half Time for the half time show - normally they just have plain all-green suits or something close to that.

courtesy of the resident CCSLC University of Oregon student

those are vests they wear over their suits. they wear them so they stand out on the green field, since som group thinking they were clever, opted for a shade of green that makes them disappear. i dont see any problem with that, but apparentley the band does. the helmets, i dont have a clue about those. i will say this...there are a couple of "big" guys in the band that must hate these things. as you can see, theyre a pretty close fit. the helmets, man. lame.

* of course, if these were any college students except band geeks, they'd probably be flashing the "Shocker!" sign... so count your blessings.

And would probably be featured on a much different website (with sharpie writing on someone's bare torso).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Bands wear helmets to link themselves with the military tradition from whence flows a marching band. What that has to do with bicycle helmets or ball caps, I don't know.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

If competitive kayaking were a major sport instead of baseball, these are what the Oakland A's would wear, and everyone here would regard them as "classic" and "timeless" uniforms. Context is everything. Other than the Princess-Leia-on-Hoth quilting on the vests, these seem perfectly unobjectionable, except for their pointlessness. It's green and yellow in a relatively conservative uniform. Yawn. I defy anyone to say with a straight face that these are worse than the Mets black alts, or the Twins mismatched blue alts, or whatever the heck that was that the Rockies wore last year.

As bad as those band uniforms are, I can't argue with your point. they don't look nearly as bad as any of the alts you mentioned or the Braves Sunday red jerseys. And just for the record, what did we really expect from an Oregon uniform?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived