Twins RED jersey question

kcguy33

First time poster here, definitely a fan of the website. I bought a Minnesota Twins diamond collection jersey in an alternate red color a few years back. I had read somewhere that they wore these jersey for one year only, as an alternate, and they were dubbed the "Dairy Queen jerseys" because they looked like the DQ sign that the Twins had somewhere in the stadium. My question is: Does anybody know exactly what year the Twins wore the red jerseys? Also, does anybody know where I can find a photo of this jersey? Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Here's a pic from '97 featuring both alternate uniforms.

twins97.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the red jersey? I know the one that was here was from the 1997 Yearbook with Chuck Knoblauch and Paul Molitor on the cover.

Thank you!

Anyone else notice that "win" in Twins is underlined?

Yeah but it looks like on the Red ones the underline went out to under the T as well and not just under "win".

ps_twins_1997.jpg

Interesting. Could be another example of the Style Guide not matching up with what's being worn on-field. Certainly not the first time (or the last!)...however, my graphic is from the 1998 Style Guide - maybe there was a change between 1997 and 1998?

Ever since acquiring Mark Okkonen's Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century, I have tried to keep up with my own "appendix" of uniform changes from 1994 to present. In the mid 90's I made hand-drawn sketches as I saw the uniforms in magazines and/or on TV.

My sketch has navy numbers on the front of the jersey. It seems to make sense in a weird way, too: white script, blue numbers on the red alt.; white script red numbers on the navy alt.

Now, that's in NO way definitive, and I certainly don't guarantee its accuracy. I'm mentioning this because I wonder if Pantone is correct and there was a change from the graphic, and even the picture on the schedule from what was actually worn during a game.

Can anybody definitively say they did use white numbers on the front of the red jersey? Thanks!

I agree. That would look great with the red alt hat, that is if they even still wear that hat.

They wore the red hat once last year-Carlos Silva picked the red hat withe sleeveless jerseys. I remember reading comments on the board about the undershirts still being blue and people didn't like that. You can buy the red hats in the new 5950 version.

I do wish they would wear the vests more, but they should have gone "TC" on the chest instead of just chopping the sleeves off the current home design.

Personally, I like the road blue alt the best which they have only worn once this year.

Thanks for bringing up this topic i didn't think they were that bad. They should bring them back considering they NEVER were their sleveless jerseys.

I don't remember these jerseys for some reason, but I'm definitely glad they never wear their sleeveless alts. I don't like the look of sleeveless jerseys, not a vest guy I guess.

qvAvG.jpg

Archived