New Calgary Flames Alt...

SteveToms

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I've only posted four times, I read the forums each day.

I don't think this is a forum where people would come just to start spreading false information on purpose. I thought it would be nice to share my insight with everyone.

Cheers

Add SJ to the list of team with a new logo.

Its about time that that 15 yo's bad logo was finally changed. Its always been an eye sore to me in all its innaccuracies....(o god I f'ed that spelling up!)

First off... Inaccuracies sure. When described to the media, it was intentional. They wanted "a fantasy shark". A shark that "was their own shark." According to Matt Levine, the then-Vice President of the team. Hence why the designer came up with a 3-gilled, black shark. If we were matching reality logo wise, do you see any white Buffaloes and call them Sabres? Or a 12-colored saber tooth tiger and call them predators? Nah. :lol::hockeysmiley:

It is time to have a new look. I assume the original logo will stay with the team in Worcester. If it's an update, the team better not backstab their biggest fan and use my April Fool's logo.

I will ask this, with the rumor going around that the thirds go bye bye. Will the Rangers incorporate the Liberty logo into their main look?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

they better not mess with the Winged-Wheel!!!!!!1

It would probably be something lame like changing the red outline to black or adding black highlights on the feathers, or making the feathers less detailed...

I could def see an update, hopefully no black. Kind of like a Seahawks/Falcons kind of deal, jnust dont overdo it.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

More than any other sport, hockey seems to have a respect for history. So, it seems to me that the owners would not support the idea of having thier classic, decades old logos change drastically. I just dont see it happening....

What? One of the first thing Bettman did as commissioner was change change the division names that were named after the builders of the NHL to geographical names. Not to mention they just changed the logo has had since the beginning of the league this past year. I wouldn't put anything past him.

More than any other sport, hockey seems to have a respect for history. So, it seems to me that the owners would not support the idea of having thier classic, decades old logos change drastically.  I just dont see it happening....

What? One of the first thing Bettman did as commissioner was change change the division names that were named after the builders of the NHL to geographical names. Not to mention they just changed the logo has had since the beginning of the league this past year. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Let's not forget... it was rumored that Bettman wanted an NBA style logo for the league... which was quickly rejected by then 24 teams. Of course it was also rumored that he was trying to figure out how to open a puck. :hockeysmiley::P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Add SJ to the list of team with a new logo.

Its about time that that 15 yo's bad logo was finally changed. Its always been an eye sore to me in all its innaccuracies....(o god I f'ed that spelling up!)

First off... Inaccuracies sure. When described to the media, it was intentional. They wanted "a fantasy shark". A shark that "was their own shark." According to Matt Levine, the then-Vice President of the team. Hence why the designer came up with a 3-gilled, black shark. If we were matching reality logo wise, do you see any white Buffaloes and call them Sabres? Or a 12-colored saber tooth tiger and call them predators? Nah. :lol::hockeysmiley:

It is time to have a new look. I assume the original logo will stay with the team in Worcester. If it's an update, the team better not backstab their biggest fan and use my April Fool's logo.

I will ask this, with the rumor going around that the thirds go bye bye. Will the Rangers incorporate the Liberty logo into their main look?

Well, they're not called sabres, but...

white_buffalo2.jpg

Yes, I have the Panthers road red jersey, with the flying Panther no stick, from 1995 with the one color last name and the two color numbering. It is a Stu Barnes #14 jersey.

Hey I sent you a private message about the Barnes jersey, but I don't know if you saw it. :D

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived