MLB hat changes for '06?

gmlouisville

OK. It seems the Royals are dropping the black crown hat with their road jerseys. The Crew will add the MB hat with Retro Sunday uniforms (excellent, by the way).

Are there any other hat changes that I'm missing this season?

Also: is there any system at all to the Mets, Rays, and 'Stros uniform habits? (hat/uni combos). Do they have a hat/uni lottery before the game or do they just find out whose birthday is closest and let them choose?

Any help? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stros uniform habits? (hat/uni combos)

At home, Astros usually wear black cap/pinstripes at home Monday through Friday nights, brick cap/solid whites Saturday and midweek afternoon games, and black cap/brick Astros top with white pants on Sunday and holidays. On the road, black cap always, gray uniforms except for brick Houston top/gray pants for Sundays and, occasionally, midweek afternoon games. Also, they will sometimes wear brick for Saturday road game and gray for Sunday road game if the home team has an alternate top they wear on Sunday (see Braves, Reds, etc.).

In the playoffs, the brick top has come out at odd times on the road so that might be a pitcher's choice in an isolated situation (see Clemens in brick in 2004 NLCS Game 7 or 2005 NLDS Game 2).

Seems like a lot of rules, but even those of us Astros fans who hate the fact they have 89 million uniform combinations usually know what they will wear on a given day.

Wasn't it posted somewhere here that the Graphite Jays would be going solely to black caps? If they went with royal blue hats and emphasized that color more in their numbers, etc., I wouldn't complain about their current logo so much.

Yes, but they've been doing that since July. Now it's official that graphite is gone.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Stros uniform habits? (hat/uni combos)

At home, Astros usually wear black cap/pinstripes at home Monday through Friday nights, brick cap/solid whites Saturday and midweek afternoon games, and black cap/brick Astros top with white pants on Sunday and holidays. On the road, black cap always, gray uniforms except for brick Houston top/gray pants for Sundays and, occasionally, midweek afternoon games. Also, they will sometimes wear brick for Saturday road game and gray for Sunday road game if the home team has an alternate top they wear on Sunday (see Braves, Reds, etc.).

In the playoffs, the brick top has come out at odd times on the road so that might be a pitcher's choice in an isolated situation (see Clemens in brick in 2004 NLCS Game 7 or 2005 NLDS Game 2).

Seems like a lot of rules, but even those of us Astros fans who hate the fact they have 89 million uniform combinations usually know what they will wear on a given day.

My head is spinning. You know how the Yankees wear pinstripes at home and great on the road? That's easier.

Whew.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know, I know....

I just want to find out if the Brewers will have names on the back of their Sunday jerseys. Reports are mixed - somebody who watched the unveiled said yes, but Chris' site says no. :blink:

I've got the unveiling on tape - haven't watched it yet. I'll watch tonight and let you know what I see.

The Clubhouse shop had names on the back, however.

It's where I sit.

I know, I know....

I just want to find out if the Brewers will have names on the back of their Sunday jerseys. Reports are mixed - somebody who watched the unveiled said yes, but Chris' site says no. :blink:

Style Guide says Yes...

Thanks, guys.

The Clubhouse shop had 'em with names? I didn't go there when I was in Milwaukee, but I did go to Miller Park. They didn't have any, although I did have a great conversation with the woman who works there (and who told me how fast the stuff was flying off the shelves....).

How come the button in this post looks yellow but the ones they started selling have blue buttons like the good ole' days.

The Style Guide says White, but it could be a mistake...wouldn't be the first time though...they've had a block number font for the Cubs since at least 1999...

Archived