I'll never see that change...

gmlouisville

Which teams in MLB do you think would never under any circumstances alter their logo/color scheme in a drastic way? (from here on despite changes in the past)

For example, I wouldn't consider the black creep into the Reds uniforms a drastic change. Significant, yes (and it's gone too far), but drastic, no. Besides, there's still the wishbone C.

I'm assuming the Yanks are at the top of the list. Who else?

Giants, maybe? Red Sox? Dodgers?

What do you think?

I got to talk to the Twins' president (Dave St. Peter) the other day at the winter caravan, and asked him about maybe some changes. he said they kicked around the idea possibly if they ever move into a new ball park, but most likely not. The organization says they get the feeling from fans they have a classic look that doesn need to be changed.

take that for whatever its worth.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I would add the Cubs into the list of not doing anything drastic the logo or colors. I know they added a darker blue in the past, like batting practice jersey and sweatshirts they wear.

I agree with you about the Cubs. I remember that commercial where the guy had all his Cubs hats from every year on his garage wall (they were all the same). It was a really big deal (at least I remember it that way) when the Cubs added the red bill on the road (it looks good though).

i wish the INDIANS would go back to the way they looked in 95 with the decently sized Chief Wahoo and a dark navy look

I like the smaller Wahoo better. It's always been a logo that was different (neat different), but on the verge (if not over depending on who you ask) of being tacky. Making it smaller makes it seem cleaner, neater, less uh, busy.

i wish the INDIANS would go back to the way they looked in 95 with the decently sized Chief Wahoo and a dark navy look

Anything is better than those uniforms that they wore with shorts

Anybody know the year they wore those?

You're referring to the White Sox, who wore shorts in 1976...

(I saw that game)

I don't think you will ever see a significant change to the Tiger homes or the Cardinals jerseys. When the Cardinals ditched the two birds on a bat logo in the late 50's, public outcry made it a one-year switch. The same thing happened in 1960 when the Tigers ditched the Old English "D" for "Tigers" in a Dodger-style script.

P.S. FNZ51: it was the White Sox who wore the shorts (in 1976), not the Indians.

Anything is better than those uniforms that they wore with shorts

Anybody know the year they wore those?

You're referring to the White Sox, who wore shorts in 1976...

(I saw that game)

My Bad.

But those all red uni's the Indians wore were pretty bad( and I know they wore those!)

Didn't the Dodgers screw with their look and add silver or black or some kind of funky outline to the LA?

The Dodgers added silver tot heir uniforms. THey had silver brims on their hats...not sure if they still do. I think it looked horrible.

The Tigers should never change their look, and I think the Angels shouldn't have changed from what they had n the mid 90s. Angels in the Outfield style. Then again, what they have now is pretty solid as well.

I think the Angels shouldn't have changed from what they had n the mid 90s. Angels in the Outfield style. Then again, what they have now is pretty solid as well.

What the Angels have now is superb. Clean, crisp...completely the opposite of their official name.

Maybe this trial can fix things. :therock:

I don't think you will ever see a significant change to the Tiger homes or the Cardinals jerseys. When the Cardinals ditched the two birds on a bat logo in the late 50's, public outcry made it a one-year switch. The same thing happened in 1960 when the Tigers ditched the Old English "D" for "Tigers" in a Dodger-style script.

P.S. FNZ51: it was the White Sox who wore the shorts (in 1976), not the Indians.

While neither of those teams should ever change, the one-year uniforms they wore were actually pretty nice.

1956 St. Louis Cardinals

1960 Detroit Tigers

These might actually work as alternates.

Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers (home), Cardinals, Dodgers (home), Cubs (home)

Everything else is fair game.

I would like to see some teams find a way to add some color to their uniforms, though. Things are getting pretty bland. The only choices seem to be piping, pinstripes, or plain white. I know we all hate the polyesters from the 70's and 80's but they were at least colorful.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I believe the White Sox have finally reached a point where they will not change their logo/colors/unis drastically again.

The Sox have changed uniforms more than any other team in the past. The fans love the current logo, and after the year they had last year, I don't think it will go anywhere anytime soon. Going into the 16th year of the current look, it already is second in longevity among Sox logo (second only to the 19-teens logo).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Pretty much any pro sports team in major cities that have been established for more than 30 years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Pittsburgh Pirates I think will always be Black-Gold with the same P logo.

Atlanta Braves probably would and should stay with what they have now (sans the red unis).

The Phillies have been on their current unis for awhile, and I don't see them changing--the maroon w/ funky P to the current might have been their last change for a LONG while.

I can't see the A's changing the A or the gold/green either.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived