Badgers wear alts for outdoor hockey game

DrBear

Here are some more pictures, showing the patch that they'll wear in that game:

jersey front

patch detail

Hmm.

Even though those are my least favorite of the Badgers' hockey jerseys, I'm tempted to bid on one.

I won one of the throwback football uniforms, and had a great experience with their auction.

Those are awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like those jerseys as alternates as long as they leave the traditional primaries.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

BADGERS?? We don't need no steenking BADGERS...

Seriously though.. I like 'em. Very sharp.

PS, My account got baleeted... so Hi everyone, I'm back.

Why'd you get deleted?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Except for the fact that UW's colors are cardinal and white. Not black.

Personally, I'd like to see them take off the WISCONSIN on their home unis (very Red Wings-like) and put a motion W on the front.

Wow, I don't even know where to start with this post...

1) It's a 3rd jersey. I realize Wisconsin's red and white. At least they didn't go with a black jersey... I mean, they added about as little black as you can, without detracting from a clean look. Plus, they wear the sweater, at most once a freakin' year! Is it realy that big a deal?

2) You do realize that Wisconsin's used that jersey style since starting varsity hockey in 1964, right? In one sentance you beg for tradition to be upheld, then the next, ask for it to be whiped out as if forty years of hockey history ment nothing...

3) I'm sorry, but this:

vetter_jessie_whky_04_03af.jpg

pales in comparison to this:

elliott_brian_mhky_05_01af.jpg

4) You also do realize that the "motion W" has black behind it, right?

5) And, finaly, if your real complaint is black, it's hardly noticable in game action (plus they look even better in action):

elliott_brian_mhky_04_01af.jpg

Moose

NO!!!

I fear this will become the next ball in glove logo! Some Wisconsinites are just SO dumb! :cursing:

What is that even supposed to mean in this context?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

NO!!!

I fear this will become the next ball in glove logo! Some Wisconsinites are just SO dumb! :cursing:

Stupid is as stupid does?

Those sweaters are sharp - bonus points for not looking like a Red Wings affiliate. :D

NO!!!

Okay, replace "this" with " Wisconsin's alternate jerseys" and replace "ball in glove logo" with this: trueblue_glove.gif

Capite?

Well, basically what I am saying is that I like their regular home jerseys.

Now, you know I don't like the ball-in-glove.

But this isn't really analogous at all. Far as I know, these aren't "throwbacks" or any such thing. And, they actually look good, unlike said "mb" thing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Except for the fact that UW's colors are cardinal and white. Not black.

Personally, I'd like to see them take off the WISCONSIN on their home unis (very Red Wings-like) and put a motion W on the front.

Under most circumstances, I hate adding black to any team's colors. But the Badgers' logo has included black since the late 1940s. It's subtle enough to be okay with this alum.

And, as noted above, when they wear the motion "W" sweater, they're wearing black. One of my pet peeves with the logo.

Well, basically what I am saying is that I like their regular home jerseys.

As do the vast majority of Badger hockey fans.

I like the alts too, but I don't want that to be a primary uni. I would like to see them use it for the odd non-conference game/series and the Showdown. Anything more would be taking away from the greatness that is the diagonal "WISCONSIN".

And, as noted above, when they wear the motion "W" sweater, they're wearing black. One of my pet peeves with the logo.

I should have been clear with my post as well... The women's team is the only ones currently sporting the motion W, and that is a photo of the womens team's goalie. The men have never worn the motion W jersey...

Moose

I think it looks good. I'm sure a black outline won't hurt. Just as long as they don't go with a black sweater, to which I doubt will ever happen.

heh, probably not. it would probably look sharp if done right (see Eagles, San Jose State hockey), but there's so many ways you could screw up too (see Mets, Tennessee State, Florida, Miami, Ducks, UCLA hoops, Dook, LSU baseball, local high schools who usually don't use black)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived