Home Grays

VandyDelphia Mike

We all know about these ...

2006-01-21-inside-gtown.jpg

But we also have these ...

rogers11.jpglee42.jpg

(the WKU one is an alt, since they also have a white set)

And these ...

WVU1.JPGWVU3.JPG

(also alts, since the Mountaineers also have whites - why wouldn't they have gold alts?)

Historically, didn't Ohio State have them at one time? Michigan State and Kentucky both had silver alternates once that they might have worn in home games too.

Professionally, the Patriots' silver alt would count, and the Pistons did have a light silver home uni when they played in the Silverdome. Did the Nets ever play a home game in their grays?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

St. Joes used to rock a gray home jersey back in the day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Washington State used these gray jerseys as a primary last year (04-05). This year they appear to have been demoted to an alternate in favor of the white ones:

200742.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Didn't LMU wear grey as well in the Gathers/Kimble era?

I think in the early 1990s a bunch of schools wore grey/silver at home to emulate Georgetown.

Funny story, last night UNC Wilmington had to wear its darks at home on homecoming against Northeastern as the airline lost NU's dark uniforms. So, if anyone sees black Northeastern basketball jerseys or warmups on ebay, please let me know.

MSU still has their silver alts...dunno if they've busted them out yet or not this season....

Another team that used a silver alt a few years ago were UConn's women's team.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

WVU3.JPG

It might seem pretty obvious, but I'm not 100% convinced those are gray. Is it possible they're a "dazzle" white, and the gray is just shadows? They look white in all the highlighted areas.

Maybe someone who watched the game on TV can give a definite answer.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Those WVU unis are definitely gray. I've seen a bunch of pics from the game and they're gray like that in all of them. ANd the Mountaineers have had a yellow alternate the last few years...don't know if they've worn them yet this year, but I was always a fan.

WVU3.JPG

It might seem pretty obvious, but I'm not 100% convinced those are gray. Is it possible they're a "dazzle" white, and the gray is just shadows? They look white in all the highlighted areas.

I'm watching the WV game on tv now, and I think those are the white jerseys that are pictured. They are wearing whites tonight and between the fabric and lighting they do look grey from different angles.

Also, I know I've seen them wear yellow at least once this year.

WVU3.JPG

I'm watching the WV game on tv now, and I think those are the white jerseys that are pictured. They are wearing whites tonight and between the fabric and lighting they do look grey from different angles.

Also, I know I've seen them wear yellow at least once this year.

I also saw part of last night's WVU game, and they were wearing different uniforms than those in the photo above. The ones from last night's game were styled like Kentucky's 1998-2005 uniforms with narrow stripes on the side, and I believe those were white, although the fabric was very shiny.

I think the uniforms in the photo above are light silver/gray.

And to add another team to the silver/gray mix, last year Louisville had a sliver alt that was worn in one home game.

Good call on the striping. Here is a pic from last nights game. These definitely look whiter than the ones above.

WVDS10102020123.jpg

It's pretty crazy that WV would have four variations of basically the same style (white, yellow, grey and blue)

Those WVU unis are definitely gray. I've seen a bunch of pics from the game and they're gray like that in all of them.

If they are grey, then why do they look WHITE in certain areas? A white jersey will look grey in certain areas due to shadowing, but a grey jersey will never look WHITE in certain areas, as these pictures indicate. A grey jersey will look DARKER grey due to shadowing.

Also, compare Notre Dame's numbers and letters in this picture. They "look" grey, but they are white.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Good call on the striping. Here is a pic from last nights game. These definitely look whiter than the ones above.

WVDS10102020123.jpg

It's pretty crazy that WV would have four variations of basically the same style (white, yellow, grey and blue)

From what I've seen only these white ones and the yellow ones follow the Kentucky template. The gray ones appear to be the Illinois template.

I haven't seen WVU in blue yet this season, but for the last couple of years the blue uniforms have been the Arizona template.

Archived