Arena Football League Redesign

Chief.

This project has kinda been in the works for about a month, and I have a few teams done and ready to go. A new team will be posted each day until the league is finished.

First up, the Kansas City Brigade:

-I tweaked the logo in Illustrator and removed the abstract football coming out of the bomber.

-Each number has a silver outline first, then another outline if you can't tell.

-Overall, I think their uniforms are great the way they are, but I tweaked them a bit, first removing the Denver Bronco stripes they have, and drawing my own piping.

C&C please.

Brigade.png

1-30-06: Los Angeles Avengers

-I didn't make that logo on the helmet, I found it on vector portal and tweaked the colors.

-I used a darker red but kept the light blue in their color scheme.

Avengers.png

Okay, here's the Colorado Crush

-Just a complete different uniform design and an added orange outline around the logo

Crush.png

I'm not really feeling these. They seem a bit bland, especially for the AFL, which is more over the top. It's not a bad design, it just needs something more. Perhaps if you moved the TV numbers to the sleeves and put something similar to what you have on the sides to the shoulders.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I'm not really feeling these. They seem a bit bland, especially for the AFL, which is more over the top. It's not a bad design, it just needs something more.

The AFL isn't as over the top as it used to be. There are a number of teams with conservative uniforms, or uniforms that are from templates seen in college or the pros.

And chief, I like it so far! I really like the light blue facemask and the alt...that would be a pretty cool combination. Can't wait to see the rest.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The AFL isn't as over the top as it used to be. There are a number of teams with conservative uniforms, or uniforms that are from templates seen in college or the pros.

finally, somebody besides me realizes this (bow)

if I had a dollar for every time I saw some out-there concept get derided with "that's too AFL-ish" or "too Arena-league for my taste" or somethin to that effect, I'd be $50 K richer :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not all jersey's need to be crazy with stripes, colours, patterns, etc. so I'm glad you made a concept where the jersey's are very basic and simple. Love the colour scheme, logo and helmet. Great concept Chief!

Brigade.png

1-30-06: Los Angeles Avengers

-I didn't make that logo on the helmet, I found it on vector portal and tweaked the colors.

-I used a darker red but kept the light blue in their color scheme.

Avengers.png

I wouldn't touch LA. What they have now works. But if you took the LA design and threw it on KC then it would definitely improve what they have now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Great work with LA, I was watching yesterdays game, and even though I like LA's look, I kept thinking, way too much going on. The light blue came from outta almost no where, the logo had orangeish-yellow on it seen like no where else in the uniform, and then they had the blue and the red. I like making the avenger logo almost all white, looks real good, you can actually see the definition of the character. Only thing I can think of is maybe doing something a little more creative with the pantstripe. I know you dont want to make it too busy, but maybe something down near the bottom of the pants would make it more something you would see on the field.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

It looks like you're doing changes for changes sake...STOP! Improvements okay, but when you put the secondary on LA's helmet just because, it doesnt work. The brigade needs a complete overhaul...including name.

EDIT: You're right about the colors, though

not a fan of the Avengers set...as already mentioned, the half-bodied avenger doesn't work on the helmet, and teh red seems too dark to me.

lilgump, I sorta see what you're saying as far as the light blue, though on gold only being in their logo...that, you see all the time. Example #1: the Blackhawks, who use a lot of colors for the indian and his feathers, and use green and gold in their C-tomahawks shoulder logo. otherwise, they only use black and red. then, example #2: the Thrashers' main logo is primarily brown. other than that, they don't use brown. example #3: the Tennessee Titans only use red and silver in their logos, these two colors don't appear as primary or trim colors in the rest of the uniform. example #4: the Florida Gators only use green for their gator head logo, other than that it's blue and orange all the way. example #5: Tulane's T-wave logo uses a light green for the wave, but it's not used as either a primary or secondary uniform color. example #6: the St. Louis Cardinals only use yellow for the cardinals and the bat they perch on. example #7: the Phoenix Coyotes' logo uses cream (or tan, depending on your preferences), but don't use it in their uniform. example #8: red, blue, and gray are in the Steelers' logo. that's the only place you see those three colors on the Steelers' uniform.

on the Avengers, the gold logo works, it stands out in a good way. Doesn't work for everybody (for instance, the Bears would look like jackholes if the C was seafoam green with orange trim), but for them it does.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived