Owens to Denver?

brinkeguthrie

Terrell Owens is on terminal PMS, I am sorry to say that... but he aint worth squat to play anywhere... that guy needs a serious attitude adjustment..and oh yeah his agent is too strange.... best to get that agent out and get another agent who is serious and slap Owens in the face to get him to smarten up or so... dunno on that anyways....

He's a hell of a talent.

I know Shanahan is smart enough to make the decision here. If he doesn't believe Owens will be a positive contribution on and off the field, then he sure won't be signing with the Broncos.

Shanahan has taken a lot of criticism in the past couple years with bringing in controversial names, so he knows what he's doing.

Rice - Cut, because he wasn't going to contribute.

Clarett - Cut, because he didn't fit in with the team scheme.

Sauerbrun - Made the team and look what he did this season.

We'll see.

teams-1.png

Maybe it's because my thoughts have changed about TO since it's been a while since he did something stupid, but TO would be a great addition to any team that can afford him. We all remember what TO did last, and that was screw the whole Eagles organization, but a year before that he helped the Eagles to a good record, and played a superb game in the Super Bowl despite being injured. When his head his tied on straight (which usually lasts one year) he can really help a team do amazing things (ie. 2004/05 Eagles) and if Denver wants to take the chance of signing him, why not sign him for a year (since he has almost got the picture that many teams won't sign him so he may accept a one year deal) and see if he can help the team win a Super Bowl.

He's a hell of a talent.

I know Shanahan is smart enough to make the decision here.  If he doesn't believe Owens will be a positive contribution on and off the field, then he sure won't be signing with the Broncos.

Shanahan has taken a lot of criticism in the past couple years with bringing in controversial names, so he knows what he's doing.

Clarett - Cut, because he didn't fit in with the team scheme.

Sauerbrun - Made the team and look what he did this season.

We'll see.

Enjoy the one season of harmony you'll have with him. Care to start taking bets on the exact time and date that Me.O. strafes Jake Plummer in the media? Your rationalization is the marked of the damned that everyone here in Philadelphia bore 2 winters ago; the similarities are disturbing.

Shanahan is no smarter than Andy Reid, and no smarter than Mariucci. Every coach is, by nature, an autocrat who thinks they're all-knowing and all-powerful. You're dealing with a player who doesn't function mentally like the other beings on this planet. He's a WR asking for QB money, he's a selfish prima donna who demands acceptance of every thing he does, he rips anyone and everyone when he screws up then is confused when he's "just being honest".

Good luck. It's a shame, the Broncos looked like they were really making progress back to the elite of the AFC. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What happened to the rumors of T.O. going to the Bucs or possibly the Jets?? :(

I don't see why the Jets don't go after this guy. Their recieving corps totally blows and maybe if they can trade up for Leinart (and send New Orleans Pennington and he #4 overall), that would be one hell of a 1-2 punch, something the city of New York would love to have.

6uXNWAo.png

I hope this goes down. I've been saying this since I first heard about the possibility back when he got suspended. Shanahan's just crazy enough to do it, too. Like I've said -- what's he going to do? Throw Jake Plummer under the bus? The entire city of Denver already did that once!

IUe6Hvh.png

Rice was not cut...

Coach told him he would have a spot on the team but it would be at a 3rd or 4th wide receiver....

With that Rice made the decision to have enoug respect for the game to retire..

But he was not cut for lack of ability to contribute.

What happened to the rumors of T.O. going to the Bucs or possibly the Jets??  :(

I don't see why the Jets don't go after this guy.  Their recieving corps totally blows and maybe if they can trade up for Leinart (and send New Orleans Pennington and he #4 overall), that would be one hell of a 1-2 punch, something the city of New York would love to have.

This Jets fan says OH HELL NO! to bringing that jackass anywhere near Ewbank Hall...

Let's do the math here....

Me-O (thanks VitaminD for that much more fitting nickname for Owens btw :lol: )

+

Daily News/Post/Newsday back pages....

+

The Jets pathetic QB situation (even Lineart wouldn't be that much of a help..he kinda has to learn the system, ya know..and it's only the 2348567th different system this team's had in the last few seasons...besides, I don't see the Saints dealing that pick for a busted-ass Chad Pennington.)

=

A recipe for disaster that would have the folks from Philly to Frisco laughing their cans off at Terry Bradway for being such a schmuck for signing that cancer.

Besides, this Jets fan already had his fill of immensely talented prima-donna loudmouthed dogfluffers that play WR....And I don't feel like reliving the "MESHAWN" drama all over again with this turd.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

As long as he is out of the NFC east I could care less where he goes. The less I ever have to see him or hear about him the better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I think he should sign in New England, or imagine Indianaplos with T.O., wayne and harrison. with james at back and manning QB there's a team built for the regular season!

:lol: Really?

New England's locker room leadership already stated on the record they don't want him. The Pats won 3 Super Bowls without a stud receiver (2 without a quality top-flight RB at that), and their formula calls for spreading the ball around to a vast array of weapons (the same blueprint the Eagles rode to 3 NFC Conference Finals before Me-O came to town). Belichick and Brady would have zero tolerance for his mouth, and the first time he started pouting, Rodney Harrison would find him at practice and snap him like a twig on a pass over the middle.

Indy? Yeah, that'd work... <_< Peyton Manning is such a good teammate, he wouldn't single Owens out for dropping key passes (which he does 2 or 3 times a game) and spark a divide in the locker room, would he? Manning's the guy who calls his own O-line protection patterns, then hung his line out to dry in the media after the Steelers embarrassed the Colts in the playoffs. Quality teammate there. And you really think that with Harrison and Wayne seeking their 80-100 catches a season, plus Edgerrin James demanding his touches, that there's room for Owens in Indy? Keep dreaming, this isn't fantasy football!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think he should sign in New England, or imagine Indianaplos with T.O., wayne and harrison. with james at back and manning QB there's a team built for the regular season!

See that's the problem when you become such a cancer, it's hard to decide if any potential talent will cancel out his antics. I really cannot picture any team that has serious championship possibilities wanting to invest a risk that he won't pull a nutty on them too.

New England wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I know people will point Corey Dillion, but I'm not really sure you can put him in the same catagory. Sure Dillion had a mouth in Cincinnati but he always produced numbers, and he wasn't anywhere near as destructive to the team as Me-O (God, I love that nickname) was to Philadelphia.I cannot picture either the Patriot's coaching staff, players, or for that matter the owner putting up with Me-O's bull$#!t. :evil:

Honestly, I think Owens would be best being a big fish in a little pond. He wants touches, he wants stats, but despite whatever he says he's not really willing to do what it takes to be on a team that can win a championship. I think he'd be much better off on a team like Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, or dare I say it San Francisco. He can get all the stats he wants, but in all probability no ring. Until he drops the ego (and the agent) he's only good for racking up meaningless stats and outrageous post-TD showboating.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Never going to happen for the above reasons.

I would find it funny as :censored: to see ESPN try to spin the Patriots signing him though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

First Owens ... then Ricky?? :therock:

Broncos targeting Ricky Williams

What becomes of Mike Anderson if they acquire Ricky Williams? I assume Tatum Bell is the one they'd keep. That's a shame, I really love Mike Anderson's work ethic and all the extra yards he racks up by just keeping those legs powering forward.

However... can you imagine Ricky Williams behind that Denver Broncos Offensive Line? Scary for the rest of the league.

I like what the Broncos are trying to do here, troubled players or not!

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived