New building design in Louisville

Island_Style

Good Lord, Why?! Looks like something that a three year old would make with his blocks. Modern architecture is in a sad state of affairs. :cry:

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Looks like a Rem Koolhaas design to me. However if that an at least partly publically funded building it won't fly and will get changed. I don't really like it. They are doing something like this without the towers as the new media center/Chinese Cable building in Beijing for the Olympics. If you want to see off the way architecture, watch in 2008. If you go to the Beijing Olympics site (Click here), you can see some renderings.

It looks better with the Louisville skyline.

skyline.jpg

Again, I like it.

Nope, sorry, I think it looks worse.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I know it is odd but I like it. It looks like one hell of a project.

Museum-Plaza.jpg

He Escaped From New York

He Found A Way Out of L.A.

Now Snake Plissken's back for his greatest escape yet...

"Escape From Louisville"

30990314_7105.jpg

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

although not a skyscraper, it reminds me of a building off of the Highway in Schaumburg, IL that I think used to be HQ for Palm and 3Com and I think US Robotics-- very cool architecture when it's only 6-7 stories high....

can't find a picture though <_<

I was just down there last night, are you refering to the Daily Harold Building by the Flyers stadium?

although not a skyscraper, it reminds me of a building off of the Highway in Schaumburg, IL that I think used to be HQ for Palm and 3Com and I think US Robotics--  very cool architecture when it's only 6-7 stories high....

can't find a picture though  <_<

I was just down there last night, are you refering to the Daily Harold Building by the Flyers stadium?

dh1.jpg

Nah, this isn't the one-- I actually found it, it's in Arlington Heights just northeast of Schaumburg:

Palm.jpg

Palm2.jpg

The pics don't do it justice; from the highway the building looks like its side walls are tipping forwards in some places. and inwards in other spots.

Much like the Seattle Central Library:

5e23b03a.jpg

This thing looks like someone's diamond-plate truck box fell off the back of thier F150 and got hit by a dumptruck.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I know it is odd but I like it. It looks like one hell of a project.

Museum-Plaza.jpg

How is that an efficient use of space?

Are they playing jenga with the building?

Not to mention the money that would be wasted. I can't see I businessman with two brain cells would look at that and say "Wow, what a great use of an expensive downtown lot!"

Archived