Men's Hockey Quarterfinals Set

StarrDogg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lost. You've done no better than America or anyone else. Shut the fu*k up.

Well actually... we did rank higher than "America" (never heard of that country)

And where did that ranking get you?

...and Chris, do we have to go toe-to-toe with this America thing again?

Got us nowhere, but your statement was incorrect. I'm definately not bragging about finishing 7th.

We only have to go toe-to-toe again if you still think that's the name of your country. I don't going around claiming to be from Dominion (I used to shop there) now do I?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The USA team just was not that good this year, thats that. Its not a shock we lost in the Quarters look at the otehr 8 teams and they have better players having better years. Maybe in 4 years when players like Parise develop more they will be better.

Canada on the other hand what a disaster, the worst they should have done was a Bronze, not coming up with a medal is inexcusable and the only question now will be who gets the blame?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dude...EVERY international tourney (WJCs, WCs, Olympics) is on the bigger surface...always has been like that.

Actually, that is not always the case. The 2003 WJC was not played on Olympic-sized ice. (I should know, I worked the tournament.)

I'm pretty certain this past WJC was not played on Olympic-sized ice either. The World Cup of Hockey in 2004 was likely not either.

The Olympics though ALWAYS are. If I'm not mistaken, BC Place in Vancouver will actually be hosting hockey games in 2010, probably because it may require some renovating to GM Place or Pacific Coliseum to accomodate an Olympic-sized ice surface.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I swear I remember it being NHL regulation ice... if not, then I am sorry I'm mistaken. I just remember it was... in that case, I'm stickin with my blame of our playing style...damn dump and chase!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well since team USA is now out of it, Im now pulling for Nabby and Russia to win the gold, comrade.

flagrussia.gif

I love your avatar and sig, but I'm cheerin for the Swedes thanks to Kim Martin...and my boy Mats...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well since team USA is now out of it, Im now pulling for Nabby and Russia to win the gold, comrade.

flagrussia.gif

I love your avatar and sig, but I'm cheerin for the Swedes thanks to Kim Martin...and my boy Mats...

same here, gotta go with the best damn lookin uniforms out there, and also my heritage.

go Swedes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well, I for one was not unhappy to see Canada knocked out.

I used to cheer for Canada second after the USA, but it seems like lately Canadian fans have had this attitude that they are owed or have a right to international championships before the games are even played. Even Hockey Canada putting gold trim around your crest. Try not to get too cocky and superior, OK?

And the way they booed the USA at the World Juniors in Vancouver, even against the Russians, was the last straw for me.

Going into this olympics my motto was Anybody But Canada. The obnoxious among their fans needed to get knocked down a peg or two.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Well actually... we did rank higher than "America" (never heard of that country)

Got us nowhere, but your statement was incorrect. I'm definately not bragging about finishing 7th.

We only have to go toe-to-toe again if you still think that's the name of your country. I don't going around claiming to be from Dominion (I used to shop there) now do I?

Chris, I don't wanna argue, but the USA is America.

That's just how it is.

For one, just like our name gets shortened to the United States, it also gets shortened to America.

As much as any other country is not it's 100% FULL name, we are America.

Are Mexican's and Canadians Americans?...If they want to be, that's fine. I don't have a problem with there being a term that means more than one thing, but to be specific, they are North Americans.

To criticize us for calling ourselves (and other do as well...look at other languages...) America is a BS tick tack criticism for one thing. And though it's meant to get us on a technicality, it's really not a technically sound argument for the reasons stated above.

UPPER BRACKET

Finland vs. USA

Russia vs. Canada

LOWER BRACKET

Slovakia vs. Czech Republic

Switzerland vs. Sweden

Quick predictions:

Gold Medal Game: Russia over Sweden

Bronze Medal Game: Finland over Czech Rep.

4-for-4 so far. :D

6uXNWAo.png

UPPER BRACKET

Finland vs. USA

Russia vs. Canada

LOWER BRACKET

Slovakia vs. Czech Republic

Switzerland vs. Sweden

Quick predictions:

Gold Medal Game: Russia over Sweden

Bronze Medal Game: Finland over Czech Rep.

4-for-4 so far. :D

Yah, after seeing the results today, those predictions look PRETTY good.

Kudos to DC, nice job. I might need ya next Super Bowl. :D

I'm with ICS here, with both USA and Canada (*coughs* no Cheechoo) for the first time I'm rooting for Russia and "Nabby" in net. And to play off the Sharks' slogan for this season...

nabby.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Chris, I don't wanna argue, but the USA is America.

That's just how it is.

For one, just like our name gets shortened to the United States, it also gets shortened to America.

As much as any other country is not it's 100% FULL name, we are America.

Are Mexican's and Canadians Americans?...If they want to be, that's fine. I don't have a problem with there being a term that means more than one thing, but to be specific, they are North Americans.

To criticize us for calling ourselves (and other do as well...look at other languages...) America is a BS tick tack criticism for one thing. And though it's meant to get us on a technicality, it's really not a technically sound argument for the reasons stated above.

You say tomato {toe-may-toe} i say tomato {toe-mah-toe}.

Call it whatever it doesnt matter.

Also, technically they call us america for the same reason we do. Do you know what the United States would be in Italian? Stati Uniti. Its shorter to say America.We call it america when its really the United States of America, just like Germany calls themself Deuschland when theyre really Bundesrepublik Deutschland {Republic of Germany}. But, thats all besides the point.

The rankings dont matter, both teams lost and both have to wait 4 years to try again. Personally I dont like USA losing either, or Canada, even if Lemieux doesnt play anymore. My point is, do we have to fight over whos better? Obviously, neither of us are and we just have to accept it. Its only a game people, only a game.

By the way im goin for Russia now to. With the pens sucking so badly this year, Gonchar and Malkin need something good this season.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived