Men's Hockey Quarterfinals Set

StarrDogg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finland VS USA: can't see the Fins losing this one.

Russia VS Canada: despite winning today, Canada still doesn't look great, can't really tell who's gonna come out of this one

Slovakia VS Czech Republic: If Budaj plays well I think the Slovaks will win

Switzerland VS Sweden: an accomlishment in itself for the Swiss, but I can't see them beating the Swedes.

Switzerland VS Sweden: an accomlishment in itself for the Swiss, but I can't see them beating the Swedes.

Neither me. But thanks Schweizer Eishockey Mannschaft!

(Swiss Ice Hockey Men team)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Well...good to know McCabe will be well rested by the time the season starts up again! :P

I keed, I keed, I'm not too optimistic about the outcome of tomorrows game, but considering we have a big advantage in goal and on D, it could be a very close game if Canada decides to come out and play. I have thought from the beginning that we need more speed up front, and the two games we lost proved we were too slow in the offensive zone. Plop in Kayria, Staal, and I can't think of who else right now, but they could easily help us out front...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Speaking as a jingoistic American who overestimates American national teams for almost every event in every sport I can say that...........

We're screwed. The Fins are gonna kill us.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

USA has no shot against Fins, Russia vs Canada should be good but Can shoul win, I see a big game for Czechs against Slovakia, and Sweden will beat the Swiss.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That's pretty pathetic that the USA with a record of 1-3-1 made it into the tournament round. Lucky for them powerhouses such as Latvia and Kazakhstan were in their group.

Well, that's international hockey for you. There are really only seven top flight teams (Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Canada, USA) and you always end up with a few bottom feeders to fill out a field of 8 or 12.

I'd say our group was actually the stonger group when compared to Italy, Germany & Switzerland. Sure, the Swiss have had a couple of great upsets, but then they follow that up with ties against Germany and Italy.

Still 2-3-0 with a win over Latvia combined with one goal losses in the other three games would have been less pathetic.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

They are older and the top American stars of the future that won the Juniors is not ready.

pssst! Tank! Canada won the World Juniors.

Im talking about the 2004 Juniors

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's not like Team USA has been blown out in their losses. I think DiPietro and the defense can slow Finland's top line, and the Americans look like they've found their offense. I think the US will be the most physical team they've faced to date. I think the US will beat Finland 3-2.

Russia-Canada will be the best game of the Quarters. Russia looks really strong on offense, and Canada's defense hasn't been great. Canada may have the strongest roster on paper, but no one's in awe of them. Russia 5, Canada 3

Slovakia-Czech should be an intense game, just as most rival games are. I think Slovakia moves on, winning 4-2.

Sweden-Switzerland might be the least entertaining of the 4. Which Swiss team will show up? I think the one that tied Italy and Germany will. Sweden 4, Swiss 1.

we may not be the fave this year with our young team, but i'm the first to say USA GOLD IN 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Enters Hyper-Patriotic mode)

YEAH! THOSE CANUCKS BEAT US ON OUR HOME ICE, I SAY WE RETURN THE FAVOR!

Insert Witty Signature Here.

UPPER BRACKET

Finland vs. USA

Russia vs. Canada

LOWER BRACKET

Slovakia vs. Czech Republic

Switzerland vs. Sweden

Quick predictions:

Gold Medal Game: Russia over Sweden

Bronze Medal Game: Finland over Czech Rep.

6uXNWAo.png

Finland vs. USA:

It's 2-2 as I type this, but I still see Finland taking this one.

Nevermind, Finland just scored. 3-2.

Russia vs. Canada

I still think Canada will win, although they haven't been playing up to my expectations

Slovakia vs. Czech Republic

Ooooh...the border war. I'm going with the Czechs. Slovakia's a great team, but I think the Czechs are still within the top in the world

Switzerland vs. Sweden

Sweden's always my pick in international competition, so I can't go against em now. So much for patriotism.

Archived