Tampa Bay Under Construction Campaign

hrivnak

Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, I just ran across this on their web site, but what's up with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays' advertising campaign?

http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/

Does anybody think it a bit odd that they are selling the fact they are in a rebuilding year?

And also, to rebuild, doesn't something have to have originally been built? Unless they are talking about rebuilding a crappy team. They have practice at that.

- Mike.

As an Oriole fan, all I can say is "Thank God for the Devil Rays." They've kept the Birds out of last a few times now. Otherwise, the past 8 years would have been that much more dismal.

Here's hoping that the reconstruction campaign doesn't work out. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It's kind of funny that the day you post this they happen to change to the new marketing campaign:

tblogobannerprimary6ip.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Between you and me, I don't think it will.  It's a terrible market for major league baseball.

Maybe so, but at least we have MLB.

Wow. Someone from the area says they live in the "Tampa Bay, FL" which is clearly a non-existing city? Amazing. When I (briefly) lived in Tampa, people seemed to celebrate which part of the Bay they were from.

"We Come to Play" is a horrible slogan. What exactly would you expect them to do?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Alot of teams have these right now. The cardinals I know just released one.

Here are some of them:

Twins: Twins Territory

Tigers: Who's your Tiger? (In the Background)

Royals: Your Team. Your Town. (Cause who outside of Kansas City roots for them?)

Rockies: Gen-R-ation (Wow.)

Reds: The Power of Tradition

Rangers: Everyday is Game Day.

Pirates: We Will. (We will what???)

Phillies: Nothing but they do have an excellent illustration of a foul ball.

Padres: On A Mission. (ha..ha...get it? Padre...Mission!)

Giants: Your SF Giants.

Dodgers: Think Blue.

Devil Rays: We come to Play.

Blue Jays: Nothing, just a bunch of guys trying on jerseys. And you used to complain about the Yankees and Red Sox buying championships....

Athletics: A Different Brand of Baseball.

Astros: It's On.

Angels: The A Team. (I pity dem fools...that was lame...sorry)

Cardinals: Welcome to Baseball Heaven. (Yeah...July in St. Louis by the Mississippi River, that's my idea of heaven.)

There isn't one that I liked except the Angels. And that was only because I started thinking of that Family Guy when they became the A Team.

The Dodgers for as long as I can remember have always done a Think Blue week and even in the hill behind the stadium they have the letters a la the Hollywood sign that reads "Think Blue". It's always a real cool week as they usually have promotions like stadium announcer or something like that during that whole week. As far as the Angels one goes, the A team has been around for the past couple of years. The year they unveiled their red Unis and won the World Series they had a slogan "Hunt for Red October". It was one of the most appropriate slogans, and it was released I think in November or December of the year prior to the Championship.

Wow.  Someone from the area says they live in the "Tampa Bay, FL" which is clearly a non-existing city?  Amazing.  When I (briefly) lived in Tampa, people seemed to celebrate which part of the Bay they were from. 

Because it is none of your business what part of the Tampa Bay area that I live in. But since you brought it up, yes, I sort of do live in Tampa Bay. The area around where I live is surrounded by Tampa Bay. Just check New Providence Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33629. The rest is up to you.

Archived