How does Clemens do it?

buildingmaint

If he is on steroids, he must injure himself often... but I didn't remember when he was injured.

Ah. Nolan Ryan still was pitchin' at his 42 years.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Plus its not like he just went boom and got big...he started getting big in boston, and if i remember(i was kinda young) when he was in Toronto he wasnt a skinny joe. Then with the Yankees up to now hes been pretty much the same to me...

not like he went from skinny to big in like 1 or 2 years *cough* barry bonds *cough*

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

He'll be back...he'll be back...

Agreed. There's no way Clemens retired without a true "farewell to the fans". He'll suit up for one more year in H-Town. If he was going to hang 'em up for good in the off season, he would have officially announced it by now.

6uXNWAo.png

Agreed. There's no way Clemens retired without a true "farewell to the fans". He'll suit up for one more year in H-Town. If he was going to hang 'em up for good in the off season, he would have officially announced it by now.

Of course he's not done, he hasn't angered the Astros fanbase yet.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

geeze, i wish clemens would just make up his mind once and for all. every season, 'i havent made up my mind,' etc etc..visiting camp(s), pitching BP, 'i don't know,..'

these teams have to SET THEIR STAFFS.

rog is a legend, no doubt. HOF 1st ballot, no doubt. but his 'i'll decide when i want and you teams will slobber over me if and when' deal is in a word...

TIRESOME.

(but if he wants to pitch in SF, that's OK too.)

Watch him sign with Texas in 3 weeks, then retire again once he realises Texas wont make the playoffs, thus angering both fan basses in less then a years span.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Watch him sign with Texas in 3 weeks, then retire again once he realises Texas wont make the playoffs, thus angering both fan basses in less then a years span.

I hope The Rocket Man doesn't go out like Karl Malone ... What a joke that was.

6uXNWAo.png

Well Clemens did get his ring so he wont go out like Malone.

True, but Karl Malone went out a loser and left a very bad taste in the mouths of both Utah and Los Angeles fans. I think that was the point Neon_Matrix was trying to make.

6uXNWAo.png

Well Clemens did get his ring so he wont go out like Malone.

True, but Karl Malone went out a loser and left a very bad taste in the mouths of both Utah and Los Angeles fans. I think that was the point Neon_Matrix was trying to make.

I'm making a reference to the fact he retired as a Yankee, then came out of retirement to play for his home town, so by having him "retire" then sign with another Texas club would have the same effect that he had when he played in Boston then went to play for the Yanks later. I actually didnt think of Malone until you brought it up, and I guess it can kind of play into it as well...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

No one wants to ask this question ,so I will. How is it that Roger Clemens at age 42 can still throw 98 mph, is bigger then he was when he was a rookie ,and no one questions weather he is on steroids.

Wasn't he named by Canseco in "Juiced" as one player that he claimed used steroids? I thought that I had heard something about that. However, I don't think that he used steroids. He just has an aggressive off-season training regimen with his personal trainer, who is an ex-Navy Seal.

Yeah, Clemens definatley HAS been mentioned as a possibility. I don't know whether he was in Canseco's book, but his name has been thrown around.

There's not much too back up the claim other than he's still big and performing well at his age. And that's very weak.

In an interview last week on WEEI (Boston), Canseco stated that there were at least six fellow teammates on the 1996 Red Sox team that juiced...I won't say Clemens could've been one of them, but his off-season workouts are insane. One quote about his workout routine during the season was that the easiest day was the day he pitched. He's still the best pitcher of our time, IMO.

Archived