Minnesota Vikings Concept

ColeJ

Which single change would have made this concept better?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tried vegas gold, and wasn't a big fan of it. Besides, I like team colors that are vibrant and striking. Vegas gold on the vikings just looked dull and washed out. I slightly changed the yellow to a little bit more of a dirtier yellow shade, and I really like the way it looks against the purple.

I attempted a yellow alternate, but decided that it was just entirely too ugly to be worn on the field. Besides, would it kill us to make a concept without a predictable secondary color alternate uniform? :)

We've all heard the rumors of the Vikes changing their uniforms up, and this concept is to show that simple changes can sometimes be the best changes. I started by trying to streamline the logo a bit, and get rid of the pencil marks. I also changed up the shadowing on it. It's not perfect, and I'm sure a better update to that classic logo is possible... but this is what I came up with.

I've always been a big fan of shoulder stripes. Something about that look is just timeless and classic to me.

Also, even though monochrome uniforms are controversial, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing all purple once or twice a year with these uniforms. It would NEVER become the primary, but I wouldn't cry if they wore white on white or purple on purple once or twice.

Anyway, enough typing... Tell me what you think.

vikeslogo.gif

vikeshome.pngvikesroad.png

any and all comments or suggestions are welcome.

Awsome, except for the black on the helmet logo. Love the home jersey and the purple pants for the road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Make a more Vikings-ish number font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd get rid of the black outline around your shoulder stripes. And Maybe try a new number font, almost like their word font. Very good so far though.

those black lines are actually there to show seems on the material...

the only black i used is in the logos... just as they currently have.

a slightly aggrivated jab at anyone who voted for falcons style piping:

go watch the cfl, and don't let your bad taste ruin the traditions of the national football league.

Since it's been speculated that black may be added, your use of it as a shadow on the horn is fine. If black isn't added, that's all the better.

I don't like the nameplate, just on principle. If you can't identify whose jersey it is without the name stamped on the front, you haven't marketed yourself well enough.

Is the front jersey number smaller than normal? It seems small to me (unless the jersey is just long).

I stared at my co-workers Vikings calendar earlier today. I really like their current home and road set, even though they don't match. If you're going to make them match, I think you chose the best path in matching the road format. Very nice work.

Thank you for no alt - that's a good thing!

It's where I sit.

Is the front jersey number smaller than normal? It seems small to me (unless the jersey is just long).

the front numbers are supposed to be smaller than the back numbers.

and they look small because most people make their numbers freakishly large on concepts...

:D

its the perfect update. I think this color of yellow looks better than metallic gold would. the updated horn on the helmet kinda takes some time to get used toough. This concept is a step in the right direction of modernizing the uniforms with out radically changing them. I've always been a fan of white jersey + colored Pants and vice versa. very few teams can pull of the monochrome color or monochrome white as a primary. as an alternate monochrome works but in most cases not as a primary.

i really like this concept.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I hope the change heads in this direction , keeping tradition in mind. One minor change to the concept would be adding some white and yellow stripes to the home purple sock. Also someone had a Vikings helmet redesign on the sports logos sectionsin the Vikings thread over there that might work better as far as the style of the horns but I like the addition of black on the one you had if you could meld the two together I think you would have a perfect concept. I've also heard they might be adding black to the uni's too and I hope they use it like the Cardinals did just as an accent around the numbers and striping.

Great job. You didn't change much, and that's the way it should be. The Vikings shouldn't have a modernistic "update," they should put shoulder stripes on the home jerseys and stay with the timeless look they have. This is exactly what the Vikings should be wearing next season, and once again, great job.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

i'm of the mind that most teams in the NFL only need a tweak or two... i can only think of a few teams in the NFL that really need a complete redesign.

i'm thinking about doing one of those complete league concepts, like i did with the nhl... my xbox just recently broke, so i've got more time to kill after i get home from work, now... working 11pm to 7am gives you a lot of goofy hobby time, to screw around, while everyone else is at work or asleep.

Archived