Who's Should Be Next To Have An Alternate Jersey?

nyk

Denver Nuggets: (dark) Red was a team color in 1996, but they never had an alt in it.

Dallas Mavericks: No.  They did not have a Light Blue alternate in or around 1996.

Orlando Magic: Purple has never been a team color.

Denver Nuggets- Sorry, I seem to remember incorrectly. I remembered their 1996 home jerseys were white with, primarily, red. I figured that their away jerseys were reversed, but that was my error.

Dallas Mavericks never had a light blue, as I said, but it was a lighter blue than they have now.

Orlando- this was a typo on my part. I meant to say black. He said that they should have black, and I was saying how they've already had black.

Memphis Grizzlies- Green and Black together (like Raptors' purple and black)

I'm also confused about this. By "Green and Black" together, are you referring to the old Grizzlies colors of Turquoise, Black, Bronze and Red?

Yes, that would be the old turquoise, thank you. I think that a two-toned jersey, like that of the Toronto Raptors with purple in front and black in back, would be nice to see for another team, especially since Toronto has kind of phased out those jerseys.

The Grizzlies could use an alternate, but not with their current colors (blue, powder blue, and yellow). Black jerseys can be cool, but I think they are overdone. Same as yellow, and powder blue would not be a far cry from their current blue away uniforms. (Also, their current uniforms with two shades of blue are similar to Dallas and Utah, and they never should have changed.)

Just some examples for reference:

The Denver Nuggets' colors from the 1993-1994 through the 2002-2003 seasons were as follows:

DenverNuggets_FRC_2003_SOL.jpg

Primarily Navy Blue and Metallic Gold, with Red as somewhat of an accent color.

The Dallas Mavericks' colors from 1980-1981 through 2000-2001 were:

DallasMavericks_FRC_2001_SOL.jpg

As opposed to this - from 2001-2002 through the present:

DallasMavericks_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

The older Blue was a little bit lighter, but it was still more of a darker Royal Blue.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mavericks- Light Blue

Bobcats- Black

Pats- Red

Timberwolves-Green

Hornets-Purple

Reds- Black

Nats- Blue

Bengals- Orange Pants!

Nuggets- something out of the ordinary RED!!

Grizz- Yellow

Bucks - Black

Sonics- Black

Wizards- Gold

Orlando- Black

Rockets- Gray

Phins- Navy Blue

Panthers- again something different RED!

By Panthers did you mean Carolina NFL or Florida NHL? Because red definately wouldn't work for the Carolina Panthers.

The Grizzlies could use an alternate, but not with their current colors (blue, powder blue, and yellow). Black jerseys can be cool, but I think they are overdone. Same as yellow, and powder blue would not be a far cry from their current blue away uniforms. (Also, their current uniforms with two shades of blue are similar to Dallas and Utah, and they never should have changed.)

actually, the Grizz use three shades of blue. the navy and carolina blues are obvious, but the whitish shade on their roads is in fact an even lighter shade of blue. IIRC they wanted to use that shade instead of white for their home jerseys, but the league shot that idea down (or something like that)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

actually, the Grizz use three shades of blue. the navy and carolina blues are obvious, but the whitish shade on their roads is in fact an even lighter shade of blue. IIRC they wanted to use that shade instead of white for their home jerseys, but the league shot that idea down (or something like that)

Discrim's right. And, even though I have already posted these on another thread, here are the Grizzlies' current colors:

MemphisGrizzlies_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Yes, now I know that is the pattern with their away jerseys:

StithDen.jpg

...But red is more prevalent on their home jerseys. That's why I thought that the red was the primary away color, because it is the foremost color on the home jerseys.

VanexelDen.jpg

Why is that? I never understood why NBA teams (other than the Lakers) aren't allowed to have light colored home unis. I've always been partial to G'town's home greys at the collegiate level; and the baby-blue Grizzlies unis would've been quite popular (the Nuggets Carolina blue unis are a dark enough hue to avoid confusion, IMHO).

...But red is more prevalent on their home jerseys. That's why I thought that the red was the primary away color, because it is the foremost color on the home jerseys.

VanexelDen.jpg

Well...actually, no.

The lettering and numbers on the home jerseys were Navy, trimmed in Gold, then Red. The striping on the shoulder stripes and the waistbands however, was Red-Gold-Navy-Gold-Red. Still, I doubt if anyone really would consider those uniforms predominantly Red.

I've got the official Style Guide sheet for those uniforms right next to me here (it's on loan)...I working on getting a bunch of stuff scanned; I'll post it sometime in the future.

Yes, now I know that is the pattern with their away jerseys:

StithDen.jpg

VanexelDen.jpg

Sidebar: Now those are the perfect size shorts. You can actually see their knees, but they aren't the tighties that everyone is so afraid of returning to.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Jerseys I'd like to see:

Edmonton Oilers: Flame red or orange with the hard-hat logo on the front.

Dallas Stars: Gold and green with the Texas-shaped logo on front.

Colorado Avalanche: Silver and blue with the big foot on front.

Philadelphia 76ers: Red with present logo.

New York Yankees: no sleeve piping on road jersey, no white trim around the letters and numbers. (wait; that's not an alternate).

DC United: Red, white, and blue

Columbus Blue Jackets: Neon green with the bug on the front.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Yellow

San Antonio Spurs: Silver with light blue, pastel orange, and pink accents

Baseball, the Mets have waaay too many unis. So do the Astros.

so do the Diamondbacks

the diamondbacks have 4.

the f'n rockies have 6.

Six? I counted five. Pinstriped, black vest, purple, pinstriped vest, and gray. Which one am I missing?

Why is that? I never understood why NBA teams (other than the Lakers) aren't allowed to have light colored home unis. I've always been partial to G'town's home greys at the collegiate level; and the baby-blue Grizzlies unis would've been quite popular (the Nuggets Carolina blue unis are a dark enough hue to avoid confusion, IMHO).

Yeah even Illinios and Cincinnati wear orange when teams wear their dark unis. But I hate that, it looks stupid. I didn't know the NBA disallowed light colored home unis, though.

Baseball, the Mets have waaay too many unis. So do the Astros.

so do the Diamondbacks

the diamondbacks have 4.

the f'n rockies have 6.

The Rockies, Rangers, Mets, Twins, White Sox and Astros have five game uniforms; the Brewers have six.

Save the slugalo.

The Brewers have four. And that's counting the throwback.

Home white, road grey, alternate blue, throwback, Bears, and Cerveceros. The Bears and Cerveceros uniforms will be worn only once, but they still count.

Save the slugalo.

Archived