OLN to change name

jkrdevil

It appears OLN will change their name this summer. They registered several different possibilities which include:

Versus: The Network of Champions

Sports Country Channel

Sports Nation Channel

Victory Channel

Victory TV

Personally I think Victory TV would be the best out of all of those choices. Although they all suck.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_di...t_id=1002383450

Personally I think Victory TV would be the best out of all of those choices. Although they all suck.

That or Victory Channel. Sports Country sounds too much like the old TNN.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That or Victory Channel. Sports Country sounds too much like the old TNN.

Victory Channel? Nah. Too many people would shorten it to "VC," which would get Vietnam vets antsy...

I would have to say I didn't think it through quite that far.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It appears OLN will change their name this summer. They registered several different possibilities which include:

Versus: The Network of Champions

Sports Country Channel

Sports Nation Channel

Victory Channel

Victory TV

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_di...t_id=1002383450

"Versus" is brilliant.

Victory TV or VTV is pretty cool, too.

I would go for HNH Network. The Huntin' N' Hockey Network.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Land-grab Network.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i like OLN personally. outdoor life. whats wrong with that? cause all those names sound like an espn ripoff, another sports channel, which i dont think oln is yet, b/c they still put alot of straight hunting/fishing stuff on. which is kinda a sport, but not like a major team sport. it belongs on OLN, not on victory or verses or whatever.

i like OLN personally. outdoor life. whats wrong with that? cause all those names sound like an espn ripoff, another sports channel, which i dont think oln is yet, b/c they still put alot of straight hunting/fishing stuff on. which is kinda a sport, but not like a major team sport. it belongs on OLN, not on victory or verses or whatever.

That's why they are going to change the name. Last summer they already changed it from Outdoor Life to just OLN. Now they are doing a full change to make it more all around sports. The already picked up the NHL and they are trying to get other team sports.

That's why they are going to change the name. Last summer they already changed it from Outdoor Life to just OLN. Now they are doing a full change to make it more all around sports. The already picked up the NHL and they are trying to get other team sports.

they picked up Arena Football Too, which is obviously not an outdoor sport. I think they need a name change but all of these possibilities suck.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

The Tuck Rule Network (TRN):

You didn't know we existed, because we were hidden among all the other channels, and you only found out about us because someone mentioned us as that obscure network that had hockey. So now, everyone knows about us, but no one can really explain where we are on the channel listing, or what "OLN" really stands for and what it has to do with hockey in the first place.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

espn showed alot of hunting/fishing shows in their early days.

poker isn't exactly a "team sport" either. but don't tell that to FSN or ESPN.

Archived