what i did:

-changed the color of green

-added silver and navy

-changed facemask color

-changed side piping

tjn0t2.jpg

C&C always welcome

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

not digging the pants, remind me too much of the Cowboys, side panel doesn't do anything for me as well. I can barely make out the namepanel, and you can't really see much of the silver on the jersey. Almost reminds me of a combo of the Cowboys and Eagles

not bad. Waaaaaay too much green though. Put something on the sleeves. Stripes, a logo, anything, just put something there. It's not bad though. Nice work.

HORRIBLE! :shocked: sorry that's just my opinion. where the creativity? <_< And blue!? :wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I see were you are going with the blue, it ties in with the old "Titans of New York". It is kinda boring though. Try putting silver piping between the green and the blue. I think you should never have two dark colors next to each other it just doesn't show up. I am still waiting for the dynamic Jets concept on here. Oh and I have tried an nothing I have done yet has even been saved. :)

But you get A+++ for having a sig that has the hottest woman in the kitchen Giada De Laurentiis. WOW what I would let her do with my cannoli. :devil:

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

But you get A+++ for having a sig that has the hottest woman in the kitchen Giada De Laurentiis. WOW what I would let her do with my cannoli. :devil:

most definately, Giada is very nice, put on some weight on her and she'll be :notworthy:

too bad Carissa Seward didn't win the FN star, that would have been a nice piece of a-- to look at. ^_^

oh and as for the concept, its good but it doesn't say jets to me. its kinda retro eagleish for a jets concept. i don't know it doesnt work for me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

POSITIVES

--Bringing back the old school Kelly Green

--Adding Silver to the mix

NEGATIVES

--Adding Navy to the mix...for some reason, it doesn't really work with the Jets...Seahawks, yes..Jets? Not so much.

--The side striping...it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work too well, especially with the way the pants are..

--The pants...adding a hint of green to the side stripes might have made the side striping look a tad better.

To be honest, this would probably work better as an update for the USFL's San Antonio Gunslingers (who wore silver, kelly green, and navy, IIRC) than for the Jets.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

This concept could work. But in its present form, I'm not feelin' it.

The navy is a good idea, but I don't know how many people would get the connection to a team and a color scheme that's been dead almost half a century. It'd be like the Pittsburgh Pirates adding red/white/blue; sure, it's historically correct, but everyone knows the Bucs in black and gold.

My biggest issues are:

1. The look is way too plain. The Jets get a lot of mileage out of a simple 2-color scheme because of their use of colors. Contrast color sleeves. Prominent striping. Simple block numbers without fancy outlining. In fact, they get more out of 2 colors than you got out of 3. This may be because everywhere you used navy, it's right next to green. So you have dark against dark, with nothing between them for contrast. There's nothing in the way of sleeve or shoulder design elements, leaving a lot of plain green without interruption. It comes off as monotonous, where the Jets' current jerseys break up the green and white very effectively.

2. The look is very inconsistent. You mention how silver is part of the look, but it's only on the pants. Nothing I see on the helmets or jerseys. Likewise, you say green is still the principal color, but it's not on the pants. You announce how navy is in the mix, but it's not on the helmet. Mixing the colors better will make the concept come together more. As it is now, nothing really appears to go with anything else.

I have no doubts that this could work. It's a great color combo, and if done correctly would look sharp. But this one needs retooling.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I didn't know the Everyday Italian girl's name was Giada, but does anyone else think she looks like a human bobblehead? I mean seriously, it's like someone stuck an orange on a toothpick. It's like she could be hot, and if you break down the elements of her face and body she should be hot, but she's just not. I just don't like the cut of her jib.

:flagcanada:

Since this thread has degenerated anyway, urban legend dictates that Elton John wrote "Bennie and the Jets" because he had a crush on Bobby Hull...and Ben Hatskin was the first owner of the Winnipeg Jets.

Just sayin' is all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

New green's not bad, but the blue seems forced, and the style of the uni looks exactly like the Lions' throwbacks, which isn't a good thing for a supposed new look.

VmWIn6B.png

WOW

you did an amzing job recreating the helmet, word mark, logo, and secondary logo. they look almost cut and pasted they are so good. but no.... why would anyone just cut and paste chris's logos into a concept. that would be rediculous

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

WOW

you did an amzing job recreating the helmet, word mark, logo, and secondary logo. they look almost cut and pasted they are so good. but no.... why would anyone just cut and paste chris's logos into a concept. that would be rediculous

I don't get this criticism. He didn't say he was recreating the logo. Plenty of people keep the current logos and just change the uniforms. Is there something I'm missing?

brianurlacher.png

WOW

WOW

way to be an @$$

im still working on the recreated jerseys

but still am busy with school and family problems

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Better, nice improvement. It looks an awful like what they have now, but good improvement. There is now some contrast to all that green that you previously had on the jerseys with the white sleeves you added.

Archived