If Cleveland Indians ever change names

ArsenalGnnr

If the Indians ever succumed to the PC pressure and changed names away from the Indians it would most likely have to be something that would appease the Cleveland fan base. The only thing I could think of that wasn't corny was this:

clevlandbrownsbaseball5nl.gif

The browns were a major league baseball team at one point anyway so maybe it'd work.

It may prevent a riot in the scenic city of Cleveland.

"scenic city of Cleveland." what?

FURTHER appeasement of the Cleveland fan base.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You do realize theres already a team called the clevland browns?

There is no such team as the Clevland Browns.

I think he does realize that there is a Cleveland Browns football team, and that was part of the joke behind this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Joking aside, these aren't bad. I am not crazy about the city and wordmark being put across the jerseys, but I don't mind the idea. Any thoughts to putting Brownie the Elf on there somewhere?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

if the Orioles object, Selig will just guarantee them a base amount of jersey sales revenue that they will get even if they don't approach those numbers on their own. and baseball? in Cleveland? I didn't know they still had a team?

Oh yeah, they got uniforms and everything. It's really great.

Ok well first off I don't think the Indians will ever change their name. I mean next some one will tell me that they are going to ban smoking in public, make it illegal to use my cell phone while driving and ban soft drinks from schools because it may make Johnny fat. ...Oh they already did that... :evil:

Well I did like what you did. But my opinion is they would go back to the old name of the Spiders or God forbid something "cool" like the Rockers. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The Indians won't ever change their name, but I still like where these are going. The Orioles shouldn't have a problem because they wear BLACK and orange, not BROWN and orange.

I like the second round because you went further away from the football design, but you still need to work on the wordmark to make it pop. I would suggest flatening the arched text down a bit and bringing the letters closer together. Look at script versions and play with the lowercase with the uppercase "B". Also, if you want these to really be something special, I would redraw the elf logo in a modern style for a secondary or patch logo.

Finally, I know you were channeling the Browns helmets with the cap design, but just stick with the all brown caps with a orange "C".

If you need help with the elf logo, let me know.

and baseball? in Cleveland? I didn't know they still had a team?

Oh yeah, they got uniforms and everything. It's really great.

Great quote from a great movie!

My bad, I thought we talking about uni design, not baseball politics. But I don't think the Orioles have embraced their St. Louis Browns roots enough for them to protest something like that and I don't think they had a problem with Milwaukee when they took the name Brewers in 1970. Plus the St. Louis Browns took their name from the Cardinals anyway, so I think anything is usable at this point.

My bad, I thought we talking about uni design, not baseball politics. But I don't think the Orioles have embraced their St. Louis Browns roots enough for them to protest something like that and I don't think they had a problem with Milwaukee when they took the name Brewers in 1970. Plus the St. Louis Browns took their name from the Cardinals anyway, so I think anything is usable at this point.

It's a legal issue. Fact is, SL Browns merchandise is still available. The Orioles are not going to surrender that without an obscene payoff. Besides, why would a team at this point in time want to be called the Browns? If they want to change the name from Indians, I think they should go with Fire Water. It's an homage to their old name while celebrating their history with chemical toxicity. j/k :P

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

If Baltimore ever plays in St. Louis, they should do a throwback day to the old Browns uniforms while the Cardinals wear a previous style of their own.

Then again, I'm willing to bet I'm not the first person to think of this.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived