Things That Bother Me About NBA Unis

rebelx

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Timberwolves- Lose the Christmas trees on the trim. So Vancouver Grizzlies.

Boston Celtics- Stop the changes already. It's not the jerseys fault. It's the players.

Chicago Bullls- Bring back the red pinstripes on the black alternate. Very Al Capone.

Milwaukee Bucks- http://pro-jerseys.com/images/jerseys/bucks-34g-l.jpg Oh yeah.

Houston Rockets- Now that needs any help it can get. Barber shop poles are less busy.

New Orleans Hornets- Death to teal. I think we can all agree to that.

Charlotte Bobcats- Alternate blue is coming when?

Los Angeles Lakers- Why is not their secondary logo an LA? Not just L. Nike behind this?

Seattle Sonics- No offense but sometimes retro is a very bad thing. Gimme the hunter.

Phoenix Suns- What's with the PHX? A Phoenix luggage tag.. I get the NYK...and LA...

Memphis Grizzlies- New care bear logo is just not bad ass.

Denver Nuggets- Alternate navy Nuggets lettering. What gives? Don't get it?

Detroit Pistons- Bring back the horse. These are just to connected to the Bad Boyz.

Toronto Raptors- In search of an identity. Shorten the team name to the Toros...

That's about it,

Los Angeles Lakers- Why is not their secondary logo an LA? Not just L. Nike behind this?

I see where you're coming from, but they're called the Lakers, so the L makes sense.

Seattle Sonics- No offense but sometimes retro is a very bad thing. Gimme the hunter.

I actually think the Sonics have some of the best sets in the league. I love their current look. The mid 90s-200s look was disgusting to me.

Detroit Pistons- Bring back the horse. These are just to connected to the Bad Boyz.

I like the connection to those days, mainly because the Pistons are good again. They look much better in blue and red.

I remember once seeing a pic of Chris Gatling wearing a non-standard Bucks road jersey, which I'm pretty sure was that green one. He was only there for 30 games in '98-'99, so I guess that's the year that they tried those out. The question is, how many games did they wear them for exactly? Were they just a one-shot deal like the silver Mavs jerseys? I must say, they sure did look pretty cool...

I remember reading something about the League mandating that the alternate jersey be worn for a minimum of 6 games so I guess do the math there. They had matching pants too that rocked...

Imagine any team only 7 years later having the guts to do something so edgy. Not any more.

I guess something else I should have asked before: why on earth did they not continue the use of those after that season? Did the fans not like them or something? I don't know how you could dislike those unis! They're just so original. They also did what the late '90's Toronto and Atlanta uniform sets failed to do: incorporate an animal on the jersey in a TASTEFUL way.

Shiny baggy vests instead of, y'know, basketball jerseys.

bengordon.jpg

I prefer matte fabric that's actually shaped correctly.

if those had stripes on the "sleeves" they would b great.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I see where you're coming from, but they're called the Lakers, so the L makes sense.

I actually think the Sonics have some of the best sets in the league. I love their current look. The mid 90s-200s look was disgusting to me.

I like the connection to those days, mainly because the Pistons are good again. They look much better in blue and red.

Woohoo. Dan Majerle. :woot:

Guess it's time for me to mention one of my own gripes: why is it that the current Washington set, previous Cleveland and Seattle sets, and old Sacramento shorts had/has panels on only one side? I always thought that made those uniforms look really unbalanced.

One other thing that's maybe not so major, but still a little bizarre: the way the panels on the sides of the current Knicks unis taper triangularly at the bottom of the shorts. Seems like they could have just left them the same width along their entire lengths.

Houston Rockets- Now that needs any help it can get. Barber shop poles are less busy.

Charlotte Bobcats- Alternate blue is coming when?

Phoenix Suns- What's with the PHX? A Phoenix luggage tag.. I get the NYK...and LA...

Toronto Raptors-

Houston Rockets-Very Classy, very nice, not busy like their last set

Charlotte Bobcats- Tom, you would only know now wouldn't you?

Phoenix Suns- Look at their Alternate Logo, PHX is very present

Detroit Pistons- Horse as Primary they lose, Set they have now so far 1 world championship. Going back to the basics will get you results, not busy uniforms

My biggest gripe? The fact that the Timberwolves ditched their cool original logo and went with that amateurish wolfhead over treetops design, couple with gaudy font typeface. (and lose the trees on trim already - corny corny corny).

I miss this terribly:

79_1_b.JPG

Oh, here's something I just remembered that bothers me GREATLY regarding the current Jazz uniforms, aside from the questionable copycat color scheme they now use (don't know why they didn't incorporate more purple into the uniform; it's still in the logo, after all). Why the :censored: is it that they felt the compelling desire to place their wordmarks on the sides of the shorts instead of that cool looking alternate logo they now use? The thing was just relegated to the waistband, where it's practically invisible.

call me crazy, to all the piston-horse haters... but didn't they win their most recent championship with the horsehead in their package?

i thought this was the first season without it.

they aren't talking about the teal and red uniforms.... they're talking about that awesome horse logo. wasn't it on the shorts? best logo in team history, imo.

Oh, here's something I just remembered that bothers me GREATLY regarding the current Jazz uniforms, aside from the questionable copycat color scheme they now use (don't know why they didn't incorporate more purple into the uniform; it's still in the logo, after all). Why the :censored: is it that they felt the compelling desire to place their wordmarks on the sides of the shorts instead of that cool looking alternate logo they now use? The thing was just relegated to the waistband, where it's practically invisible.

Because they were sitting around and said "hey you know what, this is bad, but it's not bad enough"?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dislike:

V-neck jerseys

Wide shoulders

NBA logo on right side instead of on left (there is NO reason for this!)

logos on the upper back of the jersey

too much use of black (Knicks and Sixers, ditch the black!)

Stupid looking futuristic designs (yo Rockets, Suns!)

Vomit colored jerseys (Kings alts)

Extremely ugly throwbacks (Knicks)

so with your standards, everyone wheres white, NBA logo on left, no logos, and team name in Times New Roman?

Not necessarily, but the Sixers were always red, white and blue (dark blue at that, not the light blue like they use now) you Sixers, as in Spirit of '76, USA, red white and blue. How does black, gold and silverish blue fit into that?

And the Knicks were always white orange and blue, not black. I cannot stand teams that use black to catch onto a fad, to be like the raiders, to be like a gang, etc....and that goes for the Mets too (although off topic here)

As for font, they do not all have to be Times Roman, but they don't need to look futuristic cartoon outfits either, which is what the Rockets jersys look like to me. In fact their previous ones looked like that as well. They had a perfectly good set from when they won their championships and they just completely ruined it.

call me crazy, to all the piston-horse haters... but didn't they win their most recent championship with the horsehead in their package?

they aren't talking about the teal and red uniforms.... they're talking about that awesome horse logo. wasn't it on the shorts? best logo in team history, imo.

Agreed - that horse head was a fantastic logo. Dropping it was dumb.

I dunno if anyone has said this yet...

i hate most team has logo on the upper back of the jersey, teams such as phoenix, chicago, memphis, and sacramento.

also i dont like the fact that every sport wear the logo of their appareal maker except the nba, whats wrong with having the reebox, now addidas logo on the jersey

Agreed - that horse head was a fantastic logo. Dropping it was dumb.

Even though it was technically in the package in 2004, they were downplaying it pretty heavily, instructing the media outlets to use the "Pistons" ball whenever possible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived