New thirds for US national team?

Krona

Oer on nike's USNT soccer page, they have a sneak peak of whats possibly a third shirt, maybe a fashion shirt, i dont know. its just called the "dont tread" jersey, based on the ad campaign. red with diagonal navy and white stripes and the old badge over the left chest. have a look

http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/dtom/dtom.h..._AD_021206_espn

ps: nikes soccer page is a bitch to navigate!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish we could get a better look at it. At least their latest unis look clean and have a good combo of retro with clean design.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Somehow I'm missing it.

If its called the dont tread, i'm guessing it is just a fashion.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It's an actual third jersey they are going to wear on 5/28 on their final match before the World Cup. It goes along w/ Nike's "Don't tread" on me campaign. I haven't seen it yet, but here is a description from ussoccer.com

_________

In their final match of the Send-Off Series in advance of the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, the United States will take the field in a red, Limited Edition "Don't Tread on Me" jersey! Because the DTOM design is classified "TOP SECRET " we can't show you a picture of this very special jersey until the U.S. Men's National Team approach the pitch on gameday May 28th for their match match against Latvia in East Hartford, Conn. What we can tell you is this red jersey features the USA's classic diagonal sash across the chest, reminiscent of the 1950 U.S. World Cup squad. The white-and-blue sash is offset by a 1950 era crest over the left chest. The right sleeve features the popular "Don't Tread" snake logo! The uniform is made of Nike Dri-FIT Mesh and features a polo-style collar. 100% polyester.

IBL Orange County Surf - 2003/04 Western Conference Champions

i absolutely love that slogan for our soccer team.

and this is, in my eyes, one of the greatest crests i've ever seen for a soccer team.

Nike_donttreadonme.jpg

i would kill to see that become our official primary crest on all jerseys. it's better than the inverted blue-and-white stripes from the current crest.

and who here wouldn't absolutely love to see a rattle-snake crested USA jersey against the brits? that's just greatness.

it's about time our national teams got historic.

i can't believe nike made something so great. i hate nike.

and this is, in my eyes, one of the greatest crests i've ever seen for a soccer team.

Nike_donttreadonme.jpg

i would kill to see that become our official primary crest on all jerseys. it's better than the inverted blue-and-white stripes from the current crest.

and who here wouldn't absolutely love to see a rattle-snake crested USA jersey against the brits? that's just greatness.

I agree with everything you said here....

except that I like the normal shield, too.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Nike_donttreadonme.jpg

Absolutely agree. I'll be picking up a T-shirt with it come World Cup time. I'd drop the shadows for a cleaner look can call it US Soccer's new logo.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

i'd keep it exactly as is... i like the grittiness that it has to it.

funny thing is, if you had told me that nike would make a usa soccer crest, without an eagle, but with a snake, with a steady amount of black, which is not in our flag, i'd think you were crazy.

i'll officially have to forgive canada for being red and black now. i was under the impression that other than special-case countries (like the aussies with green, and the italians with blue), a nation should stick to only colors found in the flag.

i was wrong :)

but then again, this is only a crest. if we wore a black jersey, i'd think it was just as stupid as canada's third :)

Nike_donttreadonme.jpg

Do they offer any explanation as to why the snake is coiled around a volley ball and not a soccer ball?

Save the slugalo.

USRetroPolo.jpg

I like it...and I'm going to the May 28th game too! What a treat! More money spent on soccer jerseys! lol

Just to add my 2 cents to the "Don't Tread on Me" design/campaign, I like it ALOT. I too will be picking up one of those t-shirts before the Wordl Cup. Making it the official crest/patch/logo for US Soccer? Not a bad idea, IMO. It is historic, and it's really something that applies to the "state" of US Soccer, because our soccer program has come a long way in the past 12 years.

Nike_donttreadonme.jpg

Do they offer any explanation as to why the snake is coiled around a volley ball and not a soccer ball?

-sigh-

ask that same question to just about every soccer team on the planet, who uses a ball in their crest.

it's common sense. it's old school.

would you prefer they used one of those cliche looking "pee-wee soccer" balls, with the black spots?

Holy crap.

I can't believe I'm so instantly enamored with a design done by Nike, ruiner of all sports aesthetics.

I may have to run over to Niketown on my lunch break and pick up that ringer tee. Seriously.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

ask that same question to just about every soccer team on the planet, who uses a ball in their crest.

it's common sense. it's old school.

would you prefer they used one of those cliche looking "pee-wee soccer" balls, with the black spots?

It doesn't need to be black and white, but I think it would be better if it was styled after the MLS or World Cup balls. Looking at it, it looks like they tried to combine the volley ball style with the hex and pent style, and it just doesn't look right.

Save the slugalo.

USRetroPolo.jpg

I like it...and I'm going to the May 28th game too! What a treat! More money spent on soccer jerseys! lol

Just to add my 2 cents to the "Don't Tread on Me" design/campaign, I like it ALOT. I too will be picking up one of those t-shirts before the Wordl Cup. Making it the official crest/patch/logo for US Soccer? Not a bad idea, IMO. It is historic, and it's really something that applies to the "state" of US Soccer, because our soccer program has come a long way in the past 12 years.

Hmm...I was close...

JerseyDTOM.JPG

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived