New thirds for US national team?

Krona

USRetroPolo.jpg

I think this becomes our jersey if our next Concacaf qualification group includes Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Bermuda, and Barbados (predominantly blue teams).

Then again, it doesn't matter much since we seem to default to all white.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, white shirts with blue shorts is our regular kit.

Always(?) has been. Like England.

Interesting - England used to use a dark blue away shirt, like we wear now. But after we eliminated them from the 1950 World Cup (in a stunning upset), they abandoned them and switched to red. Sixteen years and one World Cup win later, the red became forever cemented as England's change shirt (although navy is still used for keepers).

I too am in love with that crest, but I wish they'd replaced the black and royal blue all with navy. Still looks great and matches the flag much better.

ussoccer.gif

Now, that was a quick photoshop recoloring, and it's a little blury, but that gets the idea across.

Regardless, I still love what they put out and hope I can find a shirt with it.

Nice job.

Now remove the swoosh, and you have what should be our new crest. :D

Interesting - England used to use a dark blue away shirt, like we wear now. But after we eliminated them from the 1950 World Cup (in a stunning upset), they abandoned them and switched to red. Sixteen years and one World Cup win later, the red became forever cemented as England's change shirt (although navy is still used for keepers).

While that is broadly correct, England have switched away from the Red away shirts on a few occassions, most notably in Euro 1996 where the away shirt was a blue/grey color designed to be worn with jeans by fans (IMO, as it looked crap on the field) England only wore it once, in their semi-final defeat to the Germans on penalties.

While that is broadly correct, England have switched away from the Red away shirts on a few occassions, most notably in Euro 1996 where the away shirt was a blue/grey color designed to be worn with jeans by fans (IMO, as it looked crap on the field) England only wore it once, in their semi-final defeat to the Germans on penalties.

England also wore light blue change strip in the 1986 World Cup -- again, in Mexico. They wore part of that strip in the Hand of God loss to Argentina -- white shirts, pale blue shorts, pale blue socks.

England wore canary yellow for the 1976 Bicentennial Cup in the United States.

Oh, and not all England keepers wore navy -- just ask David Seaman.

Ok, I'm usually a Nike-hater. But I love the USMNT stuff they've done. And I love that logo.

But no no NO NO NO NO NO NO, it should not become the US Soccer crest. While I can understand the complaint about "mis-coloring," the US Soccer crest is for the organization, and is used for much, much more than just the team (this also applies to most countries' team crests--they're the organizing body's logo). The Don't Tread on Me logo doesn't work for that, not in the least.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I gladly stand corrected. You can see it on this site.

I should also have noted that in the 1970 Mexico City World Cup, England wore an all-light blue kit in addition to their white primary shirt and red change shirt. But no navy.

Damn. Does a site showing the jerseys worn by the national team exist for the USA?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

nikedonttreadonme4xr.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a crest or logo on this forum have such universal acceptance. It's especially surprizing considering it comes from Nike, who have made a practice of irritating the hell out of us for some time now.

Gentlemen, I think we may have The Logo of the Year? here. :flagusa:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I've gotta say that i thought this badge looked a little cheap when i first saw it. im still not blown away and i dont think it should be the national crest. i do think we need a new one and after learning the meaning of the rattlesnake, i think it could be worked in. it just needs something else

DON'T TREAD ON ME FANS: GOOD NEWS...T-SHIRTS (19.99-29.99) LONG-SLEEVE "JERSEY-STYLE" SHIRT (44.99) AND SIZE 5 BALL (24.99) @ SOCCER.COM (EUROSPORT) ALL WITH THE KILLER SNAKE!!! I ECHO ALL PRO- SNAKE LOGO SENTIMENTS..

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

DON'T TREAD ON ME FANS: GOOD NEWS...T-SHIRTS (19.99-29.99) LONG-SLEEVE "JERSEY-STYLE" SHIRT (44.99) AND SIZE 5 BALL (24.99) @ SOCCER.COM (EUROSPORT) ALL WITH THE KILLER SNAKE!!! I ECHO ALL PRO- SNAKE LOGO SENTIMENTS..

Spam it out, buddy. I hope you're getting a cut.

If you didn't see when you went to the website you can also get it from the source, too.

Oh, and not all England keepers wore navy -- just ask David Seaman.

Awful, isn't it?

I didn't mean to imply that all England keepers wear navy, only that they continue to use navy as an option for keepers even after discarding it as a regular change kit after the loss (while wearing navy) to the US in 1950.

Here's the current England keeper shirt:

EngHLSGK0507.gif

I love it. I bought one, and can't wait for it to arrive.

i didnt mind them in the 2mins i saw of it on espn.....but the collar, collars are outdated imo....and its too shiney, other than that it was good, i like the US white home shirt, looks clean, but the striping on the socks and shorts dont work imho..

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Hot damn, I can't wait for mine to arrive.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived