Are you serious?

ninersdd

In this college football magazine that I was looking at the other day it had Oklahoma #1, Notre Dame #2 and USC #3. What the heck?! It's like they lost everyone like their QB, 2 RBs,a TE some Offensive lineman, and good defensive players. Imagine if the Steelers lost Big Ben, Parker, Bettis(which they are), Heath Miller, Alan Faneca, Polamalu, and Farrior, they would be dead. Watch on September 23, Arizona is gonna beat the Trojans. How do you think USC will do next year?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Granted, I can't name all of last season's USC back-ups, but the way the Trojans blew a lot of teams out of the water by halftime, I'm betting they got a ton of playing time last season that most other teams didn't have the luxury of doing.

Where did that magazine have UGA ranked?

In this college football magazine that I was looking at the other day it had Oklahoma #1, Notre Dame #2 and USC #3. What the heck?! It's like they lost everyone like their QB, 2 RBs,a TE some Offensive lineman, and good defensive players. Imagine if the Steelers lost Big Ben, Parker, Bettis(which they are), Heath Miller, Alan Faneca, Polamalu, and Farrior, they would be dead. Watch on September 23, Arizona is gonna beat the Trojans. How do you think USC will do next year?

They will be rated high untill they are beaten on a regular basis. They still have an incredibly talented staff and a great young group of players that simply never got a chance to shine because of the guys infront of them. Plus, USC has been one of the top recruiters in the nation due to their reputation so you can bet they will have some good players for a few years now.

Watch on September 23, Arizona is gonna beat the Trojans.

I honestly laughed out loud when I read this. I honestly don't understand all the wild kitties down there in Tuscon. What do you have to look forward to? Two 3-8 seasons with your almighty Stoops. BONG DOWN, ARIZONA!

PopHeading-1.gif

I'd like to agree and say that USC is going to be horrible this year with all the talent they lost but Pete Carroll has been turning out ridiculous talent in the program so I'm betting the next Leinart and Bush are just waiting for their shot.

I'm glad to see Notre Dame getting some props, I really hope they take the national title this year.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Granted, I can't name all of last season's USC back-ups, but the way the Trojans blew a lot of teams out of the water by halftime, I'm betting they got a ton of playing time last season that most other teams didn't have the luxury of doing.

Where did that magazine have UGA ranked?

Athlon Sports magazine

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

OU #1 is the biggest joke. Bomar can't handle any kind of pressure (and apparently gets tanked every chance he gets). The O-line is highly suspect. Petersen is injury prone.....

Sure I'm a UT fan, but I see NO WAY IN HELL Oklahoma even makes the top five. This is not coming from a cocky Longhorn fan. Our QB shift is a HUGE source of discussion here in Austin, and I won't pretend that we're the same team we were last year.

newsig.jpg

In this college football magazine that I was looking at the other day it had Oklahoma #1, Notre Dame #2 and USC #3.  What the heck?! It's like they lost everyone like their QB, 2 RBs,a TE some Offensive lineman, and good defensive players.  Imagine if the Steelers lost Big Ben, Parker, Bettis(which they are), Heath Miller, Alan Faneca, Polamalu, and Farrior, they would be dead.  Watch on September 23, Arizona is gonna beat the Trojans.  How do you think USC will do next year?

As an SC fan, I'm surprised they're ranked that high to begin with. From a non-biased standpoint, SC should be like #7 or #8, not 3. We'll see - it's a transitional year in 2006, IMO.

Besides, any poll that does not have West Virginia in it's top 3 is is a joke. I think they're gonna be #1 when its all said and done.

I'd like to agree and say that USC is going to be horrible this year with all the talent they lost but Pete Carroll has been turning out ridiculous talent in the program so I'm betting the next Leinart and Bush are just waiting for their shot.

I'm glad to see Notre Dame getting some props, I really hope they take the national title this year.

I don't think they're gonna be horrible. I think they've gotten to the point where they're like Miami, FSU, and some of those other College Football mainstays where they don't rebuild, they reload. So I'm not suprised that they're #3.

Where's Ohio State? Wha' happened? Has the nation forgot about the spanking the Buckeyes put on Notre Dame? Mark my words: Ted Ginn Jr. is going to EXPLODE.

Let's not forget that Athlon is notoriously terrible at pre-season predictions.

I want to see what Phil Steele has to say before complaining about rankings.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Athlon's top 25 is as follows:

1. Oklahoma

2. Notre Dame

3. USC

4. Ohio State

5. Florida

6. West Virginia

7. Texas

8. Cal

9. Auburn

10. Louisville

11. LSU

12. Clemson

13. Michigan

14. Miami (Florida)

15. Georgia

16. Iowa

17. Florida State

18. TCU

19. Oregon

20. Tennessee

21. Virginia Tech

22. Texas Tech

23. Utah

24. Arizona State

25. Nebraska

I can understand seeing Oklahoma at number 1. Even though they struggled early going 2-3 after 5 games, they won 6 of their final 7 to look somewhat respectable in many eyes. Now, what I don't understand is Louisville at number 10. Didn't last year show how overrated the Cardinals are?

In this college football magazine that I was looking at the other day it had Oklahoma #1, Notre Dame #2 and USC #3.  What the heck?! It's like they lost everyone like their QB, 2 RBs,a TE some Offensive lineman, and good defensive players.  Imagine if the Steelers lost Big Ben, Parker, Bettis(which they are), Heath Miller, Alan Faneca, Polamalu, and Farrior, they would be dead.  Watch on September 23, Arizona is gonna beat the Trojans.  How do you think USC will do next year?

They will be rated high untill they are beaten on a regular basis. They still have an incredibly talented staff and a great young group of players that simply never got a chance to shine because of the guys infront of them. Plus, USC has been one of the top recruiters in the nation due to their reputation so you can bet they will have some good players for a few years now.

Watch on September 23, Arizona is gonna beat the Trojans.

I honestly laughed out loud when I read this. I honestly don't understand all the wild kitties down there in Tuscon. What do you have to look forward to? Two 3-8 seasons with your almighty Stoops. BONG DOWN, ARIZONA!

In 04 we took down ASU, who had about 9 wins and last year we slaughtered UCLA, who had 10 wins. So a win against USC seems likely with the weakened lineup that they have. (Also the sharp cat claws wil shred the Sun Devils on the last game of the year, just you watch)

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

A-hem.... Have you forgotten about my U-Dub Huskies?

If I remember correctly, your WildKittens lost to Washington at your little dump that you guys call a stadium. Now, thanks to the oddness of the Pac-10 going to a nine game conference schedule, the Dawgs have to go to Tucson again, and they'll beat the WildKittens again.

Also, they will NOT allow those evil bastards from Pullman to win three in a row. It won't happen.

im pretty damn sure that oregon is going to sweep the conf.

and be in the second best bowl game

...and your from Oregon. That doesn't have anything to do with it does it? Anyways, this is how I see the Pac-10

1. USC (untill I am proven wrong I will hold them high)

2. Oregon

3. Arizona State

4. California

5. UCLA

6. Oregon State

7. Stanford

8. Arizona

9. Washington

10. Washington

PopHeading-1.gif

Its a preseason poll dont pay any attention I always felt there shoul be no polls until October let a month go by atleast.

That might be the first thing I've ever agreed with you on.

And you're absolutely correct. If the BCS poll can wait a few months, why can't the AP/Coaches? So many college teams stay highly ranked just because they were highly ranked to begin with. It's ludicrous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived