Pittsburgh Pirates Black Alternate Jersey

ericcartman19

not this year. i read on a press release a while back that the Pirates dropped their black alts this year, possibly for good.

In other news, ALL-STAR GAME 7-9 July!!! (This city is revvin up for that one...took that just for them to repave the roads in downtown, which, by the way, along with the rest of the roads around here are among the worst if not THE worst in the whole NATION...)

But nah--they ain't wearin the blacks no more. Sux.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The vest pinstripe jersey looks stupid.  They should get a sleeved pinstripe one like they have had before.

Sleeved pinstripe? Not since the days of ridiculous mix and match!

tekulve.jpg

Imagine the Buccos trotting these beauties out once again!

But seriously, what does Pittsburgh have against sleeves on their baseball uniforms? I say bring back the black jersey! More black for the pirates, less black for the Mets ...

gCtTKJVl.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I think the black looks good for Pittsburgh, but the red is atrocious. It makes their uniforms look the team just got through a ketchup and mustard fight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the black looks good for Pittsburgh, but the red is atrocious. It makes their uniforms look the team just got through a ketchup and mustard fight.

LOL. I don't mind the Pirates current set, but jeez that All-Star patch is big...

How appropriate. Especially in a ketchup-and-mustard city. (John Heinz is a native of this place, Heinz Corp. is HQ'd here; that's how Heinz Field a.k.a. the Mustard Bowl got its name.) I'm not sure exactly when red became a part of the Pirates' color scheme, but i wouldn't doubt ketchup had something to do with it.

LOL. I don't mind the Pirates current set, but jeez that All-Star patch is big...

Like everything else big that happens in this city, they REALLY want you to know that the All-Star game is coming to Pittsburgh this year. (Save for NFL season, this city doesn't see much excitement, or much of anything, for that matter. It took getting the All-Star game to get them to start to clean up downtown, for Christ's sake!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I just think the Pirates needed to update the black jersey to their current fonts and use a white instead of red outline, but they decided to drop them. They had a sleeved road pinstripe a few years ago...and about the all-star game...at least we'll get to see a good team on the field at PNC this year...about the roads...PA IS THE WORST IN THE NATION HANDS DOWN!!!!! They still stone/tar/chip main roads by my house and I only live about a 1/2 hour out of the city.

KISSwall09.jpg

I just think the Pirates needed to update the black jersey to their current fonts and use a white instead of red outline, but they decided to drop them. They had a sleeved road pinstripe a few years ago...and about the all-star game...at least we'll get to see a good team on the field at PNC this year...about the roads...PA IS THE WORST IN THE NATION HANDS DOWN!!!!! They still stone/tar/chip main roads by my house and I only live about a 1/2 hour out of the city.

I've driven through Pennsylvania and I've driven through Alabama and I just can't agree with that statement. Within seconds of being in AL, I thought out tires were going to pop and never work again.

At least Pennsyvlania has an excuse -- snow and ice and rain and all of that Northeastern stuff. What happens in Alabama except for rain and the occasional Hurricane?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I just checked the Baseball HOF: "Dressed to the Nines" uni database (click here) and despite what we all know, it appears that the Pirates haven't worn a black alternate or a sleeveless pinstripe uniform anytime in the last 15 years.

EEEEENteresting stuff. :therock:

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I've driven through Pennsylvania and I've driven through Alabama and I just can't agree with that statement. Within seconds of being in AL, I thought out tires were going to pop and never work again.

At least Pennsyvlania has an excuse -- snow and ice and rain and all of that Northeastern stuff. What happens in Alabama except for rain and the occasional Hurricane?

It snows in some parts of AL, too. And yes, AL do got some rough roads. But NONE are as consistently BAD as these stretches of broke-up asphalt and tarmac (yes--TARMAC!) they call roads up here in PA. Some of these potholes will actually swallow up whole cars! (I've already seen it happen.)

Back to the Pirates...they broke out the blacks for a couple games last year. I'm still searching for that press release explaining why the Pirates dropped the black alts for this year. IMO the Pirates may be one of the best dressed teams in MLB, with distinctive font face to boot. Too bad they suck more than Lil' Kim used to (or maybe STILL do.)

Oh...btw dsgitlin left out one excuse for PA's to' up roads: PennDOT's a worthless collection of slobs who get paid to tear up roads and blow up bridges...and leave them that way, it seems. (Until the All-Star Game comes...but even with that half of downtown's roads is STILL jacked up.)

The red is the best part it brings out the letters I say the red is good on the jersrey as long as its an outline :cursing:

ATL

But seriously, what does Pittsburgh have against sleeves on their baseball uniforms?

Their current unis {adapted in early '01} are almost exactly like the ones they had in the 60's. A vest with a black undershirt. My guess to why they did this is because they were going into a retro stadium, so, why not have retro uniforms?

60's

Clemente66.jpgnl_1960_pittsburgh.gif

Now

Kippit.jpgnl_2005_pittsburgh.gif

I admit, that pinstriped one isnt so good, but, it could be worse. Much worse. So, lets be happy theyre only Sunday uniforms.

oBIgzrL.png

Having lived in Alabama (it does snow there occasionally) and driven through Pennsylvania many times, I would nominate California as having the worst roads in America. They just don't seem to maintain them at all.

As for the Pirates if they had updated the font on the black jersey and eliminated the red it would be fine. However, that pinstriped monstrosity needs to go.

The red outlines made a lot more sense with the red-billed alternate cap. (Colors of the PA Railroad.)

Put me down as:

1) missing the black jersey (and original alternate cap), and

2) HATING the current number font. This is one nasty set of numbers!

And, as always...pinstripes suck! :cursing:

Archived