BIG BEN IN MOTORCYCLE WRECK

Not a smart move by Roethlisberger to say the least...

That being said, there's nothing in his contract saying that he couldn't ride a motorcycle, so I wouldn't count on the contract getting voided (as much as some here are hoping)

How much you wanna bet that changes when his next renegotiation comes up?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just like that Tommy Maddox's formerly falling stock takes and unexpected turn upward. I wonder if they'll call him back into the fold should Rothlisberger be out for a long period of time?

Say what you like, but what he did was really very stupid. Honestly he's lucky he didn't qualify for a Darwin Award right there. I have no doubt Coach Cowher put his foot through his TV after hearing about this. :cursing:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Just announced on Local 12 News First at Four, He had a 9 inch laceration to the back of the head, injuries to both knees from hitting the pavement, and a broken jaw.

Signature intentionally left blank

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition and in surgery this afternoon following a serious head injury this morning after his motorcycle collided with a car on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge, police said.

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.

A plastic surgeon has been summoned.

"He is right now in the (operating room) undergoing some surgery from injuries he received in this accident today," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma and burns at Mercy Hospital, Uptown. ... He was talking to me before he left for the OR. He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Won't these guys ever learn? Especially after Winslow missing two seasons because of his motorcycle accident?

K2 has only missed 1 season from a motorcycle accident. He missed most of his 1st season from an on field injury.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Harsh.

Nice avatar, too.  Real classy  :rolleyes: .

As a Ravens fan, my team stands to gain as much from a football standpoint as yours if Roethlisberger's career is interrupted, but I have to agree with ChicagoShawn on this one. Let's try to be adults on this.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It's a shame that someone gets into a serious accident and all that some of you can think of is the fact that he might not play this season cause of it.

Idiots.

My thoughts go out to him and his family. I hope he learns from the mistake of not wearing a helmet. He's fortunate to get a 2nd chance.

I see Captain Holier-Than-Thou has returned. Are you overstressed again, Braden? I thought you were over that.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Somewhere out there, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox call their agents.

PS this wasn't just ANY bike he was riding:

Roethlisberger was on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa -- the company calls it the world's fastest bike for legal street riding -- and heading toward an intersection on the edge of downtown. A silver Chrysler New Yorker traveling in the opposite direction took a left turn and collided with the motorcycle, and Roethlisberger was thrown, police said.

A helmet wouldnt have made a difference.

How can a helmet help your knees or jaw?

Big Bens bike = Browns MVP!!! 

Your comment. Your avatar. Real classy, man. :cursing:

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I'm getting tired of people say that Big Ben is an idiot and got what's coming to him. Sure wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle is not the smartest thing to do in the world, but seriously who HASN"T done something like that before?

Yeah, me made a bad choice, let's just hope he learns from it. If he doesn't, THEN start calling him an idiot

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

It most certainly should have prevented the broken jaw, the broken left sinus cavity, the laceration, and the loss of most of his teeth.

Not saying Big Ben was an idiot, but he was reckless and irresponsible. That simple. I wish him a speedy recovery though. Not just because he plays football, but because you would hate to see something he could have easily avoided prevent him from pursuing a thus far brilliant career.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It most certainly should have prevented the broken jaw, the broken left sinus cavity, the laceration, and the loss of most of his teeth.

Depends on what type helmet he wouldve been wearing.

One like this wouldnt...

classic-chrome.jpg

One like this would...

Motorcycle%20Helmet%20RST%20Cobra%20GSil.jpg

However, if at all, he would be more likely to wear the first one, which, wouldnt protect against a broken jaw, teeth, and left sinus cavity.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived