Michigan Panthers Concept!

GFB

Hi All!

I have been lurking around these boards for a while, observing the do's and do not's, gathering my resources, and sharpening my skills....

For my first post, I decided to do a concept of the team with (IMO) the greatest football helmets of all time, the great Michigan Panthers. I did alot of research, and I believe that I have taken their original design to the next level with an updated panther, new wordmarks, and a sharp uniform design. I even included the varying horizontal lines into the new design. I will welcome and take into consideration any C&C you guys are willing to dish out.....

The GFB (Ghetto Farm Boy)

Michigan-Panthers-Concept.png

Very very nice. I especially like how you invoked a M and P in the panther itself. Is this a custom font or one commercially available?

You could shorten up the neck in the primary a bit, just to make it flow more with the wordmark.

Do you have a portfolio online?

Nice design. And marqdesign, you have no taste. This is simply the best color scheme ever! (j/k marqdesign, but the statement about the colors still stands)

:D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Very solid first post.

The only things I would consider would be making the #'s on the front a bit larger.

And secondly, I think the neck is a bit long, not much but slightly.

Love the hidden MP.

I think alot of the veterans wish all newbies were like yourself by posting a concept that wasnt thrown together in 5 minutes.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

This might be the finest entrance to the boards by a new member I can ever remember seeing.

First off - :welcome:

Second - :jawdrop:. Bringing the Panthers - and champagne! - back to the gridiron, updated for today.

I didn't even notice the hidden "MP" until Mings mentioned it - nice idea.

My only suggestions:

1. Stick with the wordmark without the striping through the letters. The "A" and "R" look very similar in your font, and the stripes make them harder to tell apart. On the other hand, the solid champagne letters outlined in white are very legible.

2. I'd make the numbers slightly longer; they're wide enough as is, and wide double-digit numbers may be a little squeezed.

3. There is a slight discrepancy in the helmet logos when the perspective shifts. The panther on the helmet when viewed in profile does not extend to the neck guard along the back of the helmet, but it does on the other oblique perspectives. For what it's worth, I'd go with the thicker-necked panther - as was also said, the panther neck is a little thin and long.

Beyond that, I've got nothing to add. Great work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

fantastic update of the logo and wordmark - these are REALLY, REALLY nice!

i agree with vitamind on some of the wordmark legibility issues, but it still looks really nice, and i imagine if it were bigger it might look fine

the uni's are good, but not great, in my opinion - i think the pants need something...maybe the panther head on the hip? - not digging the old-school socks combined with the new-school striping pattern, either...i think a solid color would look better

jldesigns404eo.png

Good job. the one thing i would say is around the nose and eye it looks a bit weird. I know what it is but it doesn't look like a nose and eye. maybe seperate the eye part from the rest

logo.png

This is perfect! You should do more old USFL teams.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I'm not normally a fan of that type of shoulder striping--but it fits very well here.

You used the colours well so they complement each other--rather than compete or drown the others out.

Nothing looks forced-

I do agree the numbers could be a bit bigger--but that's a minor point--

nice job.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This is excellent for a first post. I love the shoulder striping you used and how you made the color scheme work so well. :welcome: to the community and I can't wait to see some more of your concepts.

EDIT: Just noticed the MP like joshuamings and VitaminD said.. That's awsome man! Keep it up!

I like these a lot, especially for being your first post. I like wordmark 2 better than wordmark 1. I think that the pants should have some kind of stripes. Keep doing these, you do good work and I would like to see more.

Does anyone else think the M in the panther looks like the amtrak logo? I do not see the P in the panther if anyone could please point it out.

Amtrak logo

MegatronSig2.jpg

Thanks to all for the C&C!

Michigan-Panthers-Concept2.png

I took your guys advice and came up with my final rendition. First, I widened the neck of the panther. I also fixed the difference in the helmet perspectives (thanks vitamen d!) and I added a bold stripe down the pants (for some reason the panther didn't seem to flow with the pants). The numbers were also slightly lengthened.

Nice catch on the hidden M-P fellas!

I guess the M slightly resembles amtrack, but thats how it needed to be to create the proper flow (if i changed it, it would look way too forced....)

I decided to stick with my original wordmark because I was trying to incorporate the stripes you see on almost all michigan panther logos.

C&C still appreciated!

I like the second version. However, I think the pant striping should probably be a bit more modern. I'd like to see a bit more light blue. Also, the white M on the helmet should extend and be made to look more a natural part of the animal.

I agree about the wordmark. The first version is the keeper. ;)

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

This is a very good concept to say that it's your first one. You remind me of myself when I made my first concept and posted it cause' there's nothing like your very first time (ha ha)! I will tell you though this can become addictive if you let it cause' it took a hurricane to get me to stop for a couple of months otherwise I would have done the whole NFL by now! Keep it up and soon you will join the ranks of the elite concept posters of this board LIKE ME! :vaderandluke:

:welcome:

Archived