New NCAA Bowl Games for 2006/2007

CowboyKevin

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that there are a few new bowls for this coming year:

International Bowl

InternationalBowl.GIF

New Mexico Bowl

NewMexicoBowl.jpg

Birmingham Bowl - no logo yet

Emerald Bowl - slightly revised logo

EmeraldBowl.JPG

Fort Worth Bowl renamed to Alltel Wireless Bowl (no logo yet)

Outback Bowl - Cleaned up logo

OBB_newLogobeveled300dpi.jpg

Alamo Bowl - seeking new sponsor, so most likely new logo coming

What the crap is the international bowl, eh? Will they play it by canadian or amercian football rules?

What kind of question is that??? It's a NCAA sanctioned bowl, played under NCAA sanctioned rules. The site is the the only difference.

What the crap is the international bowl, eh? Will they play it by canadian or amercian football rules?

Well Professor Diversity, the game will be played in Canada (Toronto, Rogers Centre i presume.)

Hence the Maple Leaf.

Today's New Mexico Bowl features the Rice Owls taking on the Nichols State Colonels...

TOO MANY BOWL GAMES!!!

[Mr. Picky] Can't happen, as Nicholls State is a 1-AA member of the Southland Conference. [/Mr. Picky]

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

ChickfilaBowl.JPG

Allstate_sugarbowl.png

I know theese have already been posted on the boards already but they are new this year as well

Also the new BCS National Championship game logo in Glendale AZ, is out there I just couldnt find a pick right now.

Signature intentionally left blank

That New Mexico Bowl logo looks like it was created by a 3 year-old. Can't even read it.

And why did they need to change it to the Chick-fil-A Bowl? Was the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl not enough exposure? I wonder how much more they paid to have it called the C-F-A Bowl and drop the Peach. It probably wasn't worth it. The average person on the street won't even know the difference.

Chick-Fil-A was mad that people kept calling it the Peach Bowl and tnot the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl so they upped the money and changed the name. Personally I hope it only lasts a year and the state of Georgia yells stop.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Chick-Fil-A was mad that people kept calling it the Peach Bowl and tnot the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl so they upped the money and changed the name. Personally I hope it only lasts a year and the state of Georgia yells stop.

yeah, that just can't be allowed to happen. I'm OK with (insert sponsor here) Peach Bowl or (insert sponsor here) Sugar Bowl, etc... but how can you drop the "Peach" from the Peach Bowl? Ridiculous.

Also, I find it funny when companies that don't have national coverage spend SO much money on national advertising. If I hadn't lived in Ohio for a couple of years, I'd have absolutely NO idea what Chik-fil-a was. We don't have them here in Buffalo. As it is, I already get it confused with chick o stick candy! (It's the same thing for me when there are "Sonic" ads on network TV. It took me about 2 years to figure out that it was a drive-thru restaurant, and I still have never seen one in real life.)

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Well Professor Diversity, the game will be played in Canada (Toronto, Rogers Centre i presume.)

Hence the Maple Leaf.

Indeed, 'twill be played on January 6 at the Rogers Centre and feature a MAC at-large and a Big East at-large.

oakqb4.jpg

Tositios has bought the naming rights to the new BCS National Title Game through 2010, so get used to seeing two Tositios sponsored bowls until then.

Sacramento Bee- Tostitos buys naming rights for BCS title game

On this picture on the Fiesta Bowl site, there is a very small image of the new title game logo in the bottom right. The Fiesta Bowl site is being redone and will relaunch on August 1st, probably with all of the new title game info.

coming2006_bot.gif

no it wont cause most people who live in geogria cant tell you where to find a real peachtree

Archived