Oklahoma City . . . Sonics?

yh

Move the Clippers LA dose not need 2 Teams.

Agreed

Although I'm from New York, why doesn't St. Louis have a basketball team? 31 years of waiting is enough (if you count the Spirits of St. Louis).

Here's my NBA by 2010-11

Relocations

Clippers back to San Diego

Kings back to Kansas City

Sonics to Oklahoma City

Nets to Brooklyn

Expansion Teams

Spirits of St. Louis

Sounds of Las Vegas

Realignment

East

Southeast: Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Orlando

Atlantic: Washington, Philly, New York, Brooklyn

Northeast: Boston, Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit

Central: Indiana, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City

West

Northwest: Milwaukee, Minnesota, Denver, Utah

Midwest: Memphis, Oklahoma City, Dallas, New Orleans

Southwest: Houston, San Antonio, San Diego, Phoenix

Pacific: Los Angeles, Golden State, Las Vegas, Portland

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they want two teams. You don't need an SUV, but you'd piss your pants if someone said "we know what's best for you."

Until last year the Clippers were a punchline, and the matinée for the prime time Lakers. Moving to OKC would be the best thing ever to happen to that franchise. I look around the league and they are the best team to put in OKC, if you insist on the Hornets staying in New Orleans.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Agreed

Although I'm from New York, why doesn't St. Louis have a basketball team? 31 years of waiting is enough (if you count the Spirits of St. Louis).

Here's my NBA by 2010-11

Relocations

Clippers back to San Diego

Kings back to Kansas City

Sonics to Oklahoma City

Nets to Brooklyn

Expansion Teams

Spirits of St. Louis

Sounds of Las Vegas

Realignment

East

Southeast: Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Orlando

Atlantic: Washington, Philly, New York, Brooklyn

Northeast: Boston, Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit

Central: Indiana, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City

West

Northwest: Milwaukee, Minnesota, Denver, Utah

Midwest: Memphis, Oklahoma City, Dallas, New Orleans

Southwest: Houston, San Antonio, San Diego, Phoenix

Pacific: Los Angeles, Golden State, Las Vegas, Portland

There is a d@mn good reason why St. Louis doesn't have a NBA team: the market's saturated enough already. St. Louis is ultimately a 3 sport town max (which is nothing to be ashamed of, just the truth).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Eh. I'm one who actually thinks we could support a basketball team, but I don't have specific numbers to back that up.

I know the area does enjoy basketball, and if the teams aren't perenial basement dwellers, then I believe they would be supported.

Fill up the Scottrade for some Blues games, then we'll see. So far, I've never thought of St. Louis as being able to support a franchise in each of the four major sports leagues. Baseball, yes. Football, yes. Hockey, when things are good, yes. Basketball? Novelty, might wear off soon.

It's not like any NBA team you might possibly get will be instant playoff contenders.

Eh. I'm one who actually thinks we could support a basketball team, but I don't have specific numbers to back that up.

I know the area does enjoy basketball, and if the teams aren't perenial basement dwellers, then I believe they would be supported.

Fill up the Scottrade for some Blues games, then we'll see. So far, I've never thought of St. Louis as being able to support a franchise in each of the four major sports leagues. Baseball, yes. Football, yes. Hockey, when things are good, yes. Basketball? Novelty, might wear off soon.

It's not like any NBA team you might possibly get will be instant playoff contenders.

Right. And that's always a struggle. But I'm just saying if we had a team that was good enough to build a fanbase, the fanbase would stick.

The Blues attendance wasn't way down because the team was in last. The attendance was way down because of the lockout, the selloff of the team, the slow change in owners, a not very popular coach (though I didn't mind him), and a awful on ice project.

Now that the team has a new direction and plays with heart (which is enough to give you a chance in any game), fans are coming back quickly. We've had a few near sellouts lately, and I think by next season we'll be getting 15,000 pretty regularly (which, while 5,000ish short of a sellout is a pretty good turnout and a huge improvement). We don't need winners, we just need an effort.

(And, outside of the market size argument, because marketsize is strictly about how many show up regardless of reasons...it's also not a matter of bandwagon fans. It's a midrange market with a limited income. So while fans don't stop supporting a losing team in spirit, there is a certain point when they have to decide if there is a better way for their money to be spent. But again, I realize that doesn't matter in terms of statistics and whether or not a team could be supported.)

Until last year the Clippers were a punchline, and the matinée for the prime time Lakers. Moving to OKC would be the best thing ever to happen to that franchise. I look around the league and they are the best team to put in OKC, if you insist on the Hornets staying in New Orleans.

that's more because of the owner than anything else - and unless he gets bought out, if the team moves, they'll still suck hard. Why? Too much money going from the team to his pockets.

and the Hornets have announced they're going back; I'll take that as official word.

harperdc.gif

My NBA 2010-11:

Moves:

Clippers to San Diego and rename them Aztecs

Jazz and Hornets swap names

Expansion:

Louisville Explorers

Oklahoma City Bandits

Nashville Dragons

Las Vegas Condors

Pittsburgh Express

Idaho Blizzard

Atlantic Division:

Boston Celtics

Philly 76ers

New York Knicks

Brooklyn Nets

Pittsburgh Express

WashingtonWizards

Central:

Detroit Pistons

Chicago Bulls

Clevland Cavs

Millwaukee Bucks

Indiana Pacers

Toronto Raptors

South Divsion:

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte Bobcats

Nashville Dragons

Louisville Explorers

Southwest Divsion:

San Antiono Suprs

Houston Rockets

Dallas Mavericks

New Orleans Jazz

Memphis Grizzles

Oklahoma City Bandits

Northwest Divsion:

Utah Hornets

Denver Nuggets

Portland Trail Blazers

Seattle Sonics

Minnesota Timerwolves

Idaho Blizzard

Pacific Division:

Phoenix Suns

Los Angeles Lakers

San Diego Aztecs

Golden State Warriors

Sacramento Kings

Las Vegas Condors

unclerebus.jpg

Please....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My NBA 2010-11:

Moves:

Clipers to San Diego and rename them Aztecs

Expansion:

Louisville Explorers

Oklahoma City Bandits

Nashville Dragons

Las Vegas Condors

Pittsburgh Express

Idaho Blizzard

Atlantic Division:

Boston Celtics

Philly 76ers

New York Knicks

Brooklyn Nets

Pittsburgh Express

WashingtonWizards

Central:

Detroit Pistons

Chicago Bulls

Clevland Cavs

Millwaukee Bucks

Indiana Pacers

Toronto Raptors

South Divsion:

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte Bobcats

Nashville Dragons

Louisville Explorers

Southwest Divsion:

San Antiono Suprs

Houston Rockets

Dallas Mavericks

New Orleans Jazz

Memphis Grizzles

Oklahoma City Bandits

Northwest Divsion:

Utah Hornets

Denver Nuggets

Portland Trail Blazers

Seattle Sonics

Minnesota Timerwolves

Idaho Blizzard

Pacific Division:

Phoenix Suns

Los Angeles Lakers

San Diego Aztecs

Golden State Warriors

Sacramento Kings

Las Vegas Condors

First off, I do agree with the Clippers (with 2 p's) moving back to San Diego (LA is Laker's town and never will be Clippers town), Utah and New Orleans switching names and I'm gonna add the Kings in KC,LV,STL, or OKC but I think you need to chill with everything else you said. The NBA ain't about to increase up to 36 teams. And also, I think you quit with the Minor League/CBA/ABA type names. I think the NBA might a little too "professional" for some of those names. Dragons, Express maybe but not Blizzard, Condors, Bandits, and Aztecs. And a NBA team in Idaho???, -_- please.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

My NBA 2010-11:

Moves:

Clipers to San Diego and rename them Aztecs

Expansion:

Louisville Explorers

Oklahoma City Bandits

Nashville Dragons

Las Vegas Condors

Pittsburgh Express

Idaho Blizzard

Atlantic Division:

Boston Celtics

Philly 76ers

New York Knicks

Brooklyn Nets

Pittsburgh Express

WashingtonWizards

Central:

Detroit Pistons

Chicago Bulls

Clevland Cavs

Millwaukee Bucks

Indiana Pacers

Toronto Raptors

South Divsion:

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte Bobcats

Nashville Dragons

Louisville Explorers

Southwest Divsion:

San Antiono Suprs

Houston Rockets

Dallas Mavericks

New Orleans Jazz

Memphis Grizzles

Oklahoma City Bandits

Northwest Divsion:

Utah Hornets

Denver Nuggets

Portland Trail Blazers

Seattle Sonics

Minnesota Timerwolves

Idaho Blizzard

Pacific Division:

Phoenix Suns

Los Angeles Lakers

San Diego Aztecs

Golden State Warriors

Sacramento Kings

Las Vegas Condors

First off, I do agree with the Clippers (with 2 p's) moving back to San Diego (LA is Laker's town and never will be Clippers town), Utah and New Orleans switching names and I'm gonna add the Kings in KC,LV,STL, or OKC but I think you need to chill with everything else you said. The NBA ain't about to increase up to 36 teams. And also, I think you quit with the Minor League/CBA/ABA type names. I think the NBA might a little too "professional" for some of those names. Dragons, Express maybe but not Blizzard, Condors, Bandits, and Aztecs. And a NBA team in Idaho???, -_- please.

so what would u(teams or anybody else in that matter) propose for names of the other 4 expantion teams(allthough if its stl that gets a team it will prob be names the St. Louis Spirits) ?? your right about idaho, so i have kc/stl in the nba, now the northwest divsion would look like this:

Minny

Utah

denver

portland

seattle

kc/stl

in my nba, no city would have to :cry: over about not haveing a team, so then the NBA is set for the next 50 years with teams and expantion

After some thinking i have decided to tweak it just a tad.

My NBA 2010-11:

Moves:

Expansion:

Louisville Explorers

Oklahoma City Bison

Nashville Dragons

Las Vegas Stars

Pittsburgh Express

St. Louis Spirit/ Kansas City Pirates

Atlantic Division:

Boston Celtics

Philly 76ers

New York Knicks

Brooklyn Nets

Pittsburgh Express

WashingtonWizards

Central:

Detroit Pistons

Chicago Bulls

Clevland Cavs

Millwaukee Bucks

Indiana Pacers

Toronto Raptors

South Divsion:

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

Atlanta Hawks

Charlotte Bobcats

Nashville Dragons

Louisville Explorers

Southwest Divsion:

San Antiono Suprs

Houston Rockets

Dallas Mavericks

New Orleans Jazz

Memphis Grizzles

Oklahoma City Bison

Northwest Divsion:

Utah Hornets

Denver Nuggets

Portland Trail Blazers

Seattle Sonics

Minnesota Timerwolves

Pacific Division:

Phoenix Suns

Los Angeles Lakers

San Diego Aztecs

Golden State Warriors

Sacramento Kings

Las Vegas Stars

Redundant Threads Topics and Other Announcements

*-Re-Aligned NHL/'MLB/NFL/NBA etc.-*

This topic has been brought up countless times. We'd all put the Whalers back in Hartford if we could. But we can't, they are gone. So are the Nordiques, and the Jets, and the Expos, and the whatevers. We all have ideas about what our ideal NHL/MLB/NBA/NFL would be, and they have been said before.

If you want to do a topic like this, do it as a "what if?" concepts project in that forum.

Please, I beg, get a life and stop with the realignments!!! I click to read about the Sonics, not some [insert derogatory term here]'s plan to put a team in Idaho and switch the Jazz and Hornets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i wonder why anyone hasn't already said the Clippers moving back to SD and re named the Aztecs isn't a good idea since San Diego State University is already the Aztecs... and they have a b-ball team so that would make things pretty confusing

spacer.png

My NBA 2010-11:

Moves:

Expansion:

Louisville Explorers

Oklahoma City Bison

Nashville Dragons

Las Vegas Stars

Pittsburgh Express

Your mother.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived