Best Uniform City in Sports

sbsofa06

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

Huh?

Anway, to me it's clearly Chicago. And I don't even think it's close.

Next, in no order, I'd put Boston, LA, Bay Area, and St. Louis - and all lag behind Chicago because of their weak links.

And yeah, enough of the homerism. I live in Dallas, but there's no way in hell my city's teams belong in this discussion.

1. It's NYC in a walk. Yankees, Mets (minus the black), Giants, Jets (no green pants), Rangers, and Knicks. That's tough to top.

2. Chicago. All of their teams have great uniforms.

3. Pittsburgh. The Steelers and Pirates have two of the best uniforms in all of sports.

4. Detroit. The Black in the Lions uniforms takes away a few points but overall they all have great uniforms.

5. The Bay Area. A's, Giants, Raiders, 49ers. The Warriors need work but the other 4 carry them.

Honorable mentions to: Milwaukee/Green Bay and Cleveland.

BB52Big.jpg

nuggets

yankees

vikings

you do realize that he said "best city"? all of those teams are in different cities.

Well Garrett, he is trying to get a team in a defunct fantasy league..........

My vote? None, every city has a team where the unis don't work as well as the others.

I think that Chicago has to top the list, but just for the fun of it, I'll throw out a city that I don't think has been mentioned before...

What about Houston? The Rockets, Texans, and Astros are all simple, classy unis. I can't stand the city, but I don't think they have any weak uniform links.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Its hard not to say my city {consistency, people, consistency. Not to mention the fact that black and gold are the city flag colors.} but im trying not to be one of those "Homerism" guys so...

Chicago

NY

LA

oBIgzrL.png

I would have to say Boston for best, Minnesota for worse.  (Only because I don't like the purple in Vikings).

I definitely don't agree about the best... I think that's Chicago. But I think you're on the right track for worst. Combine the Vikings purple with the Twins excessive and unwarranted use of pinstripes (UGH, pinstripes, yuck) and that awful M hat, and you've got a real stinker.

Anyway... this topic is about best, so in case I haven't said it enough yet... chicago.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware the white sox and cubs both wear pinstripes, which I know I hate, BUT, it's really the pinstripes on the road grays that I have a problem with. THAT is what looks tacky. Frankly, I think the Sox would look better without the pinstripes too, but the cubs look just great, and the pinstripes on the Sox home unis work as well as pinstripes can be expected to work. Also, the bulls have a good, classic, unique look, and the Bears unis blow pretty much the entire rest of the NFL out of the water.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I would have to say Boston for best, Minnesota for worse.  (Only because I don't like the purple in Vikings).

I definitely don't agree about the best... I think that's Chicago. But I think you're on the right track for worst. Combine the Vikings purple with the Twins excessive and unwarranted use of pinstripes (UGH, pinstripes, yuck) and that awful M hat, and you've got a real stinker.

Anyway... this topic is about best, so in case I haven't said it enough yet... chicago.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware the white sox and cubs both wear pinstripes, which I know I hate, BUT, it's really the pinstripes on the road grays that I have a problem with. THAT is what looks tacky. Frankly, I think the Sox would look better without the pinstripes too, but the cubs look just great, and the pinstripes on the Sox home unis work as well as pinstripes can be expected to work. Also, the bulls have a good, classic, unique look, and the Bears unis blow pretty much the entire rest of the NFL out of the water.

Pinstripes are great! It keeps uniforms from getting boring. Very few teams look good without any piping or stripes (Cardinals, Dodgers, and A's pull it off really well). How you could hate Minnesota's stripes I have no clue especially since the road stripes are relatively original since they were one of the first to have it.

And ripping purple? Someone has to wear purple! You can't have all teams just be red/blue/green/black that's it. That'd be boring!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

IMO, Pittsburgh just edges out Chicago. The reasoning being that I don't like pinstripes, though the two MLB teams pull it off fine. Detroit would round out my top three.

Minnesota just edges out Denver/Colorado for absolute worst. The only two teams from both cities combined who have decent uniforms are the Vikings and the Nuggets. The other six teams all seriously need new uniforms.

Also....who on Earth considers the Boston Bruins current uniforms "timeless"?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Toronto

I like all the uniforms. The only thing that would knock Toronto down a peg or two would be the Jays black tops and the Argos home unis.

Homerism asside I think Pittsburgh is a great uniform city mainly for the uniformity and consistency. Tho I kinda wish the Pirates would wear one of their old 70s uniforms as a Sunday throwback :D

I gotta give SERIOUS consideration to St. Louis. That being said I do think Chicago has some of the best, which is not easy for me to say. New York, is great also, but the black crap in the Mets wardrobe, and just all around the Knicks uniforms (total crap. Should've stuck with the previous) kinda push them back a bit. So my vote goes to...

Pittsburgh.

All classy and traditional....ish. Penguins almost have that down. Key word, ALMOST. :P

It's NYC in a walk. Yankees, Mets (minus the black), Giants, Jets (no green pants), Rangers, and Knicks. That's tough to top.

Islanders?

Well I always thought the Islanders are theoretically Long Island's team so I didn't put them in the mix. But yeah the Islanders have great unis too... well I like them anyway.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived