colts socks

southernyankee

I noticed the same thing and it is one of the things that drives me crazy about football teams. I love the teams with striped socks KC, Skins and the Pats. But the players really don't like them too much is what I've heard . The Ravens players voted for solid black socks over the classic championship winning white stripped socks. The Redskins Clinton Portis thinks the Redskins white stripped socks make him look slow. The Browns players also decided to go with a solid brown sock in mid season last year and are wearing the solid color sock despite everything else except for the socks being a throwback style. I guesss I can live with some teams changing as long as they don't wear the same color socks as pants because of the change to a solid color sock. Two teams that should'nt change is the Chiefs and the Skins. If the Pats did change to a solid blue sock they would have to go back to a silver road pant set.

Could this possibly just be a cost cutting alternative until the rosters are finalized?

I know, it's a stretch, but teams has gone cheap in the preseason before.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

No, the Colts NEED to change back to a blue mask...and then send the memo to the Cards/Browns about team color masks. But anyway, I thought the socks and the mask were part of their "retro" look and I noticed quickly about the solid socks.

KISSwall09.jpg

Just to clarify...because the guys on Chris's board have been talking about this as well...the Colts have TWO pairs of socks - solid Blue, and Blue with the two White stripes. This has been true since they darkened the Royal Blue and went to the Gray facemasks.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Just to clarify...because the guys on Chris's board have been talking about this as well...the Colts have TWO pairs of socks - solid Blue, and Blue with the two White stripes. This has been true since they darkened the Royal Blue and went to the Gray facemasks.

Have they worn the non-striped socks since going retro? I can't recall them ever wearing them in a regular season or playoff game...

On a side note, where is PANTONE lurking these days? We miss his work.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Redskins Clinton Portis thinks the Redskins white stripped socks make him look slow.

OH MY GOD! can that guy get anymore self absorbed? Stripes make him SLOW! You know what makes him slow? Wearing all of those stupid @ss outfits during practice. They don't just make him look slow but stupid as well. Geez what an idiot!

If the Pats did change to a solid blue sock they would have to go back to a silver road pant set.

Either that or they could go with a solid red sock with their road blue pants, kinda like how Montreal does once in a while.

Personally I thought their striped road socks should be red rather than blue to go with the flag theme they already have.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Something about that poster is fishy, because those pics have them wearing white shoes, and I know they went to black the same year they switched to the grey facemasks/darkened the blue. Just wear the damn striped socks Colts, geez.

The Redskins Clinton Portis thinks the Redskins white stripped socks make him look slow.

OH MY GOD! can that guy get anymore self absorbed? Stripes make him SLOW! You know what makes him slow? Wearing all of those stupid @ss outfits during practice. They don't just make him look slow but stupid as well. Geez what an idiot!

Stripes are so slimming too!

:P

Something about that poster is fishy, because those pics have them wearing white shoes, and I know they went to black the same year they switched to the grey facemasks/darkened the blue. Just wear the damn striped socks Colts, geez.

The poster is from 2004. The Colts changed to grey facemasks and black shoes last season (2005).

Archived