Bruins Dropping the Yellow Alts....?

Beantown77

I've heard rumors they are dropping the yellow alternates and bringing back the 1970 sweater as the alternate for this upcoming season.

I haven't heard any confirmation of this. However, the 3rds are on sale at the nhl.com shop while the regular home and away are not...

Just throwing it out there....

patriotssignature.png

Dallas has officially dropped theirs for good. Everyone had a whole lot of fun sending them off. It was certainly one of those good riddance type of things. They even interviewed the players during the pre-game show of the last game with the jersey and asked them if they liked the jerseys and if they would miss them. None of the players said they would miss them, and Boucher was the only guy who claimed to like them. The remaining jerseys are currently being sold at Starcenters for 18 bucks each.

I have not heard anything about the Bruins though, and I would not mind if the Flames got rid of those black jerseys. I never thought that black was a very good color for them. As for Vancouver, I have heard some people say that perhaps they would go with the old blue and green jersey for their new alternate, but I have seen nothing official about it at all.

The Stars third, Flames third, and Thrashers home are also on sale. Well we all know about the mooterus being history but I guess the rumors about Calgary and Atlanta are true. The Canucks gradiant third is not on sale yet though...

The Stars third, Flames third, and Thrashers home are also on sale. Well we all know about the mooterus being history but I guess the rumors about Calgary and Atlanta are true. The Canucks gradiant third is not on sale yet though...

You're right, the Thrasher's home jersey is on sale, not the third. The third will become the new home.

Save the slugalo.

I'm sure the Flames' jettisoning of their thirds was made official during last season--maybe it was on their web-site.

I didn't mind the look of the jersey--but black isn't right for the team, and that logo is awful--if there's to be a new alt--I'd like to see a throwback--their original jerseys were great.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

the logo stinks, and the piping stinks, if they found a way to go traditional, the yellow could work

What piping? There is no piping on that jersey?

pG01-2339726dt.jpg

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Bruins 3rd owns. The logo owns too. I don't see why everyone hates their jerseys.

I love the jerseys, actually, I just don't like the logo.

I am thinking the exact opposite of you.

The balck/white fur pattern at the hem and end of the sleeves is bad.

The word "Bruins" on the shoulders is bad.

The bright yellow jersey is bad.

The logo is the only good thing about it (although not strong enough to be on the front of a jersey).

As for Vancouver, I have heard some people say that perhaps they would go with the old blue and green jersey for their new alternate, but I have seen nothing official about it at all.

Luongo was given one by the team for his press conference which makes you think that they should be using them in some capacity.

As for the B's alt, bring on the throwbacks!

Bruins 3rd owns. The logo owns too. I don't see why everyone hates their jerseys.

I love the jerseys, actually, I just don't like the logo.

I am thinking the exact opposite of you.

The balck/white fur pattern at the hem and end of the sleeves is bad.

The word "Bruins" on the shoulders is bad.

The bright yellow jersey is bad.

The logo is the only good thing about it (although not strong enough to be on the front of a jersey).

That's where I disagree, though. Too many teams have SUPER dark jerseys. Teams who once had bright colors for some reason wearing blues that look like blacks, black jerseys, of course, and so on and so forth. The Flyers have ruined their identity by adopting black as their primary home jersey. The orange was good, it stuck out. The yellow is good too. I can agree that the "BRUINS" on the shoulder is bad, but I really love the jersey's design. There's so much more thought put into something like this than say all the teams who throw a few lines on the sleves and bottom of the jersey and call it "classic" or "traditional." I'm all about teams having uniforms that look sharp and are unique, I could care less about "classic."

The Flyers have ruined their identity by adopting black as their primary home jersey. The orange was good, it stuck out.

Amen to that, brother. The Flyers had forged too strong an identity in the orange jerseys to see it turned into a trim color.

These gold Bruins jerseys are so much better than the Charlie Brown/Pooh Bear crap...

1148328746.jpg

I actually own one of these jerseys, and everytime I wear it to the rink, the comment I always get is "The Bruins should switch to something like that instead of the stupid bear jersey."

On a side note, that P-B's jersey is, by far, one of the sweetest hockey jerseys around, IMO.

Dallas has officially dropped theirs for good. The remaining jerseys are currently being sold at Starcenters for 18 bucks each.

18 bucks for a Mooterus?! I have got to have one of those for my "Hall of Shame" collection!

Is this available online anywhere or do I need to start making phone calls?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived