Palm Beach Waves

offthepost

i was just doing a search...and came across the Palm Beach Waves.. a new team starting up in the national indoor football league... (sorry i dont know how to post a pic of the logo) this is a great looking logo... and name... not like our friends at the ABA... where anything goes.. and then some...

just thought i would point it out... and let some see just what real minor league logos should look like..

maybe someone with the knowhow...can put up the logo...

Is that a white-cap or does the wave have a mullett?

This has WAY too much going on. The smooth "water" part of the wave just does not blend with all of the little detail work on the white (foamy) part. The white-cap (foam) ...whatever it's called... should have the same smooth edges as the rest of the water.

I think it's rather horrendous. I actually thought it was an ABA logo upon first look.

Might as well be, considering its a Niffle logo and all. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i was just doing a search...and came across the Palm Beach Waves.. a new team starting up in the national indoor football league... (sorry i dont know how to post a pic of the logo) this is a great looking logo... and name... not like our friends at the ABA... where anything goes.. and then some...

just thought i would point it out... and let some see just what real minor league logos should look like..

maybe someone with the knowhow...can put up the logo...

are you serious or is this sarcasm at it's finest?

jldesigns404eo.png

eh, I get what they're going for, but why the feck does it have teeth? Seriously, if you wanted to anthropomorphize a wave, couldn't you just give it eyes or something? Did you have to give it shark teeth? For pete's sake, that's such an overused element... just stay away from it!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

eh, I get what they're going for, but why the feck does it have teeth? Seriously, if you wanted to anthropomorphize a wave, couldn't you just give it eyes or something? Did you have to give it shark teeth? For pete's sake, that's such an overused element... just stay away from it!

Yeah, I like the name (Waves is underused as a name for teams on a coast IMO) but the fact that the wave has TEETH pushes it over the line into ridiculous territory.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

eh, I get what they're going for, but why the feck does it have teeth?  Seriously, if you wanted to anthropomorphize a wave, couldn't you just give it eyes or something?  Did you have to give it shark teeth?  For pete's sake, that's such an overused element... just stay away from it!

Yeah, I like the name (Waves is underused as a name for teams on a coast IMO) but the fact that the wave has TEETH pushes it over the line into ridiculous territory.

Maybe who ever came up with this was listening to Obie Trice whilst brainstorming an anthropomorphic avenue of approach for this...

"...So this is my favorite song

Now sing along when the DJ throws it on

And if I leave here tonight and I fall asleep

And wake up, hopefully she got some teeth"

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree that it is way too busy, but I kind of like it.

If the growling face was taken off the wave, and the sun in the background was removed, this would be a pretty cool logo.

I'm with you...

Love it ... as a Dolphisn fan, can't get enough of these colours...

BUT get rid of the cartoon face in it...

You don't need to give life to all your logos.

It's o.k. to have "lifeless" logo.

Waves reminds me of the Boston Breakers. Man did I like that logo...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived