COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2007

BloodAtFirstBite

Yes, but OSU had the guts to schedule Texas.

...and Notre Dame plays USC yearly. Your point was what exactly?

My point is that Notre Dame needs to play a tougher schedule. I've given ideas to what type of schedule ND needs to play to have my respect for a tough enough schedule to be BCS worthy, but they get shot down.

For me to consider them as BCS worthy, they'd have to play a schedule like this, and run the table.

at Nebraska

at Miami

at Tennessee

at FSU

at Michigan

at Ohio State

at Florida

at Texas

at Auburn

at Georgia

at Oklahoma

at USC

Hell, right now, I don't think they're even a top 20 team. Perhaps the media has them quite a bit overrated?

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of blowing smoke like the above post, why don't you say you just have an irrational hatred of Notre dame and get it over with. I mean, if I'm to drink the Kool-Aid and follow your line of thinking, no team in 1-A College Football would be eligible to play in a BCS Bowl game, as they all at least play 1 home game, much less play cupcake games... :rolleyes:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

They'll drop, but I wouldn't classify Michigan as a "pansy" either.

(If Michigan-the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big Ten is weak, then OSU's schedule is officially a joke. :rolleyes: )

BTW-LSU and Auburn both have Arkansas and Mississippi State on the schedule. Quality wins there... :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Look, ND is down 34-7 to Michigan right now, minute left till the half. Even if they somehow pull out the win, they do need to drop, especially with LSU or Auburn winning over a quality opponent.

Which of these teams has played the harder schedule so far? (Based on how these opponents fared in 2005)

Team 1: vs. LA-Lafayette, vs. Arizona

Team 2: @ Georgia Tech, vs. Penn State

Team 3: Washington St., @ Mississippi St.

Auburn and LSU play 8 home games, Notre Dame plays only 7. LSU's farthest road games are at Tennessee and Florida. Auburn's farthest road game is at South Carolina. Meanwhile, Notre Dame plays games in Atlanta, Colorado Springs, Annapolis, and Los Angeles.

I'm failing to see your reasoning as to why Notre Dame has to play 12 road games against teams that have had the most success in the past 10 years, while it's ok for the Auburn's and the LSU's and the Ohio State's can schedule soft non-conference home games (getting 7 or 8 home games during the year) and get the extra benefit of playing home games against the weaker in-conference opponents, and then have the balls to say that all involved teams played an equal schedule.

Look, ND is down 34-7 to Michigan right now, minute left till the half.  Even if they somehow pull out the win, they do need to drop, especially with LSU or Auburn winning over a quality opponent.

Which of these teams has played the harder schedule so far? (Based on how these opponents fared in 2005)

Auburn and LSU play 8 home games, Notre Dame plays only 7. LSU's farthest road games are at Tennessee and Florida. Auburn's farthest road game is at South Carolina. Meanwhile, Notre Dame plays games in Atlanta, Colorado Springs, Annapolis, and Los Angeles.

I'm failing to see your reasoning as to why Notre Dame has to play 12 road games against teams that have had the most success in the past 10 years, while it's ok for the Auburn's and the LSU's and the Ohio State's can schedule soft non-conference home games (getting 7 or 8 home games during the year) and get the extra benefit of playing home games against the weaker in-conference opponents, and then have the balls to say that all involved teams played an equal schedule.

Notre Dame doesn't get the pass that other schools get because they don't play in a conference.

LvZYtbZ.png

Look, ND is down 34-7 to Michigan right now, minute left till the half.  Even if they somehow pull out the win, they do need to drop, especially with LSU or Auburn winning over a quality opponent.

Notre Dame doesn't get the pass that other schools get because they don't play in a conference.

Sooo under your insane logic, Notre Dame would have to play a Conference schedule that would be by all accounts weaker than their current schedule to play for a National Title, correct? :rolleyes:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sooo under your insane logic, Notre Dame would have to play a Conference schedule that would be by all accounts weaker than their current schedule to play for a National Title, correct? :rolleyes:

Well, I think you ought to be a conference champ to be allowed to compete for a national championship. Completely fair.

LvZYtbZ.png

Muahahahaha!

Auburn 7-3 Louisiana Agricultural Institute

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, I think you ought to be a conference champ to be allowed to compete for a national championship. Completely fair.

They play a schedule that is as tough or tougher than any in the country. They earn the right to play for a title.

Does not your beloved Division III or NAIA have Independent teams that are also allowed chances to enter the playoffs?

Today, we are all otaku.

Didn't you also propose a 12-team playoff, involving an at-large team?

If an at-large team is in the playoffs, aren't they competing for a national championship?

Nice comeback by Oregon, although there is a definite argument that Oklahoma got jobbed by the refs on that onside kick.

Add Indiana to the list of teams not knowing how to beat I-AA opponents.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, here's my take on the games so far...

-For some teams like Miami and Notre Dame, today became 'Slapped Around Saturday.' I have never seen the 'Canes look so bad after today's game in which Louisville dropped them like a ton of bricks. Michigan did the same to Notre Dame, which has made willmorris happy. Let's face it, Michigan didn't just beat the Irish, they ripped off Touchdown Jesus' nuts and ate them in the process.

-Boy, Ohio State looked sluggish early against the Bearcats. I was thinking that deja vu would rear it's ugly head (remember, last meeting between these two saw the Buckeyes barely survive). But, this is the number 1 team in the land, and they took over.

-Anyone, and I mean anyone, mentions that Iowa-Iowa State debacle will get drop kicked big time. To tell you the truth, Iowa might be the third or fourth best in the Big Ten behind Michigan and Ohio State.

-Also, congrats to Oregon. Beating Oklahoma is a huge victory for the Ducks. It was even better to see the end of that game.

I have never seen the 'Canes look so bad after today's game in which Louisville dropped them like a ton of bricks.

Agreed there. So, where's the crowd saying Louisville isn't for real now? I'm salivating over the Louisville-West Virginia matchup already. Over/Under will be what? 85?

Yes, but OSU had the guts to schedule Texas.

...and Notre Dame plays USC yearly. Your point was what exactly?

Notre Dame doesn't play anyone else.

Michigan and USC, that's the only good teams they play.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Notre Dame doesn't play anyone else.

Michigan and USC, that's the only good teams they play.

Penn State would care to differ.

Archived