COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2007

BloodAtFirstBite

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if anybody here hates CU as much as I do, but the Dan Hawkins era at Colorado University kicked off today with a 19-10 loss to Montana State. :lol::lol:

This is the first EXTREME LOL moment of the College Football season, folks. Colorado fans are going to regret this game and probably start regetting the hire of Dan Hawkins after this one.

Speaking of Ol' Rocky Top: It's not just that... I think it's also about showing the nation that Cal is extremely overrated.

Not sure if anybody here hates CU as much as I do, but the Dan Hawkins era at Colorado University kicked off today with a 19-10 loss to Montana State. :lol::lol:

In related news, Colorado's AD conceded the Big XII North to Nebraska already. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Brady Quinn looks like :censored: so far for the Irish. He's missed a number of open WR's. Better get his head out of his ass or Notre Dame's Championship hopes are done.

What do you expect when ESPN spent the offseason practically annointing him as the Heisman winner?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like we can officially stick a fork in Notre Dame's title chances now.  Even if they come back, this performance is damning compared to what Texas did.

... it's one game. And sorry, but Notre Dame isn't playing North Texas, who went 2-9 in the Sun Belt last year. Can you change things up a bit and actually use common sense just once before you speak on Notre Dame?

This Georgia Tech team beat Auburn and Miami last year and only lost by 7 to Georgia.

I should add that Texas was a 41 point favorite today.

IUe6Hvh.png

Looks like we can officially stick a fork in Notre Dame's title chances now.  Even if they come back, this performance is damning compared to what Texas did.

... it's one game. And sorry, but Notre Dame isn't playing North Texas, who went 2-9 in the Sun Belt last year. Can you change things up a bit and actually use common sense just once before you speak on Notre Dame?

This Georgia Tech team beat Auburn and Miami last year and only lost by 7 to Georgia.

I should add that Texas was a 41 point favorite today.

Common sense says that Notre Dame, if they were really the 2nd best team in the country, shouldn't be struggling when the other two of the top three did not.

LvZYtbZ.png

Notre Dame isn't playing a MAC or Sun Belt team at home -- they're playing an ACC team -- and a very good one at that -- and they're doing it on the road in a home opener. Texas and Ohio State were 41 and 18.5 point favorites, respectively. Texas won by 49 and won by 23. Both teams won in the fashion they were expected to win in. Notre Dame is only an 8 point favorite. I don't see why winning a close game will hurt them when it's what they were expected to do.

You can't just look at the scores -- you have to look at the teams that were being played.

Notre Dame didn't just go out and schedule cupcakes to start the season like most. How many teams go out and schedule GT, Penn State, and Michigan to open the season?

Notre Dame will, though, lose at least one game because of their kicker.

IUe6Hvh.png

Notre Dame isn't playing a MAC or Sun Belt team at home -- they're playing an ACC team -- and a very good one at that -- and they're doing it on the road in a home opener. Texas and Ohio State were 41 and 18.5 point favorites, respectively. Texas won by 49 and won by 23. Both teams won in the fashion they were expected to win in. Notre Dame is only an 8 point favorite. I don't see why winning a close game will hurt them when it's what they were expected to do.

You can't just look at the scores -- you have to look at the teams that were being played.

Notre Dame didn't just go out and schedule cupcakes to start the season like most. How many teams go out and schedule GT, Penn State, and Michigan to open the season?

Notre Dame will, though, lose at least one game because of their kicker.

I was at the game, so allow me to interject. (Mind you, the only one in red throughout the stadium, since my alligence is with UGA.)

Georgia Tech has a really good defense. I saw it last season vs. UGA, and I saw it again tonight.

I envision Notre Dame's offense to mirror the Patriots: a bunch of dinks and dunks in the passing game, and more passes than rushes. When they neglected the run for most of the first half, Tech feasted. When ND ran the ball, Tech had to respect it, eventually opening up these WR screen passes, and thus, scoring the 2 TD's.

For all intents and purposes, this is a preseason-like game, with a bunch of penalties and chaotic play-calling and general rust of playing against someone other than their own teammates. This was a solid win by Notre Dame, and both of these teams have a chance to be really good.

Well there was a chance at a loss for ND but they did rally and did win the game and though they may not have looked great doing it 1-0 is 1-0 and they shoudl be better as the weeks go on.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

and they shoudl be better as the weeks go on.

I hope so.

"Do you voluntarily suck..er, kiss Notre Dame's ass, or were you just hired to do so for this game?"

If that was about the 3rd and 5 catch then I'm sort of with you. Johnson had that ball. But tough crap.

I don't think he did. The ball obviously moved as he slid across the ground.

IUe6Hvh.png

Heh. So the Irish did win... I'm surprised considering that they have issues with the secondary.

Also, we can add New Mexico and Duke to the list of teams that lost to I-AA schools as well (Los Lobos only scored two FG's as they lost to Portland State 17-6 while the Dookies got blanked by Richmond 13-0). It would of been four teams if Illinois State would of won, but they lost by one to K-State.

Archived