This may not be exactly this topic but...

Fretzy

It's not as simple as the jerseys not being released

Ex. a few years back, when the Coyotes were coming out with new logos and and new jerseys, they weren't released yet by the team but they were leaked in the EA NHL game.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

i was disappointed by my first impression of nhl 07. it bothers me that the game includes anaheim's new jerseys, but the ducks' goalies still wear purple gear.

essentially this is just nhl 06 with a few minor tweaks and updated rosters.

i was disappointed by my first impression of nhl 07. it bothers me that the game includes anaheim's new jerseys, but the ducks' goalies still wear purple gear.

EA Canada kind of said that's what it was going to be several months back.

Of course, every edition has been a disappointment compared to NHL 2001...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

pictures that prove what we already know

That the Sabres can score at will on Brodeur? Yeah, we knew that. ;)

sorry, sorry... it was right there, I couldn't resist!

It IS too bad about the new uniforms not being in the game. Hey, if they get nixed after one year, maybe they NEVER will make it in to the game! I can only hope.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

EA Canada kind of said that's what it was going to be several months back.

Of course, every edition has been a disappointment compared to NHL 2001...

The only thing I argue about that comment is I think 2002 was the last "great" EA NHL game. But it's pretty much the same as 2001, so I'm not arguing much. :P

thats pretty much why i stopped buying the nhl series after NHL 2002. if all i need to do is download an addon from nhldepot or thunderpuck containing the updated uniform and rosters, then why bother buying the next game in the series when i can simply update my uniforms from downloads. the graphics were basically the same give or take graphic tweaks or gameplay tweaks but nothing worth the price of a new game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

It's not as simple as the jerseys not being released

Ex. a few years back, when the Coyotes were coming out with new logos and and new jerseys, they weren't released yet by the team but they were leaked in the EA NHL game.

Actually the logo was leaked in a Sega NHL game... plus it was in a preview picture of the game... by the time the game had been released the logo/uniforms had as well.

You will not see an unreleased brand spankin' new logo and uniform set in a released video game... silliness people, silliness.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

thats pretty much why i stopped buying the nhl series after NHL 2002. if all i need to do is download an addon from nhldepot or thunderpuck containing the updated uniform and rosters, then why bother buying the next game in the series when i can simply update my uniforms from downloads. the graphics were basically the same give or take graphic tweaks or gameplay tweaks but nothing worth the price of a new game.

thunderpuck? what's that? I'm not familar with any thunderpuck :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

thunderpuck? what's that? I'm not familar with any thunderpuck :hockeysmiley:

thunderpuck can suck my left testicle. :)

I talked to one of the producers at the NHL 07 Toronto launch and they said that they will NOT be including the new Sabres jersey into the game. And there will NOT be any official jersey patches or jersey updates. The jerseys will make their debut in NHL 08.

-woodman-

Archived