How did this not get mentioned yesterday?

HedleyLamarr

With the Mets victory last night, that officially eliminated the Braves from a division championship.

Do you remember what you were doing the last time the Braves finished a season not in first place? (For the kids out there, that would be 1990....)

I was ticked off about the strike. The Braves last finish not in first was 1994.

LvZYtbZ.png

You know what, I've been waiting a LONG, LONG time to be able to rub this in the faces of Braves' fans, but now that it's come, I would rather wait, because there are more important things to win than just a division title, right?

teams-1.png

With the Mets victory last night, that officially eliminated the Braves from a division championship.

Do you remember what you were doing the last time the Braves finished a season not in first place?  (For the kids out there, that would be 1990....)

I was ticked off about the strike. The Braves last finish not in first was 1994.

That season wasn't completed. Hence the "finished" in the question.

Do you remember what you were doing the last time the Braves finished a season not in first place?  (For the kids out there, that would be 1990....)

Good call Hedley. I don't think the Expos ever celebrated the 1994 NL East Division Championship.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yes it was, the season completed in August of that year... or more accurately in early September when it was announced the rest of the season was cancelled, and when that happened the Braves were in 2nd.

So what was I doing? I was thinking of how there must be a mlb conspiracy to keep Canada from winning it's 3rd straight world title, but then again I was only 12.

The Expos eventually got their recognition for their amazing 1994 season in the form of a banner unveiled before their last ever home game... only took 10 years but they got it for at least one game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You know what, I've been waiting a LONG, LONG time to be able to rub this in the faces of Braves' fans, but now that it's come, I would rather wait, because there are more important things to win than just a division title, right?

I don't get that, rub what in our faces? Every year like clockwork, all the other NL East teams' fans would show up and laugh when the Braves would win the division then lose in the playoffs.

Yeah, we really brag about that a lot. :rolleyes:

And for perspective: This is only the 4th year of my entire life (not counting '94 since..no matter what the canucks say, there was no division title) that the Braves didn't win it.

Now we have to learn to be the Phillies.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I don't get that, rub what in our faces? Every year like clockwork, all the other NL East teams' fans would show up and laugh when the Braves would win the division then lose in the playoffs.

Yeah, we really brag about that a lot. :rolleyes:

And for perspective: This is only the 4th year of my entire life (not counting '94 since..no matter what the canucks say, there was no division title) that the Braves didn't win it.

Now we have to learn to be the Phillies.

As a Braves fan, no one has anything to rub in my face.

It's a curious situation when you're supposed to make fun of a team when they don't win a division championship...I really don't understand it.

It has to do with the Braves losing the last thing they had, the one thing they always bragged about. Say what you will about a division title meaning nothing, the Braves played up the fact that they had won it every year since 1990 like it was a WS title or someting.

As a Braves fan, no one has anything to rub in my face.

It's a curious situation when you're supposed to make fun of a team when they don't win a division championship...I really don't understand it.

I hate the Braves with a passion. But I do give the organization huge respect for a streak that included 14 consecutive division titles, 5 World Series appearances, and 1 championship. That's more than a lot of ballclubs can brag about.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

This is the first time the Braves haven't won the division in my lifetime (1990-now). It's not really a big deal to me though.

2nd time actually (3rd if you count 1994)... the braves finished last in the nl west in 1990 (oddly enough in 1991 the world series was between two last place teams from 1990)

---

Chris Creamer

That season wasn't completed.  Hence the "finished" in the question.

Yes it was, the season completed in August of that year... or more accurately in early September when it was announced the rest of the season was cancelled, and when that happened the Braves were in 2nd.

So what was I doing? I was thinking of how there must be a mlb conspiracy to keep Canada from winning it's 3rd straight world title, but then again I was only 12.

The Expos eventually got their recognition for their amazing 1994 season in the form of a banner unveiled before their last ever home game... only took 10 years but they got it for at least one game.

You just made a contradiction.

You said the season was "completed", then later said the season was "cancelled". Which is it?

There were scheduled games after August 12th, 1994, that weren't played. The games, and the season, were cancelled, and not completed.

That season wasn't completed.  Hence the "finished" in the question.

You just made a contradiction.

You said the season was "completed", then later said the season was "cancelled". Which is it?

There were scheduled games after August 12th, 1994, that weren't played. The games, and the season, were cancelled, and not completed.

If we're using that as a definition for determining championships, then the Braves lose their 1995 World Series.

There were games in April 1995 that were cancelled, therefore the season was not completed.

Division champions are determined by the team that is in first place at the end of the season. When the season ended, the Expos were in first place. They are the 1994 division champions... sorry.

---

Chris Creamer

Archived