The most "Blah" franchise?

ZapRowsdower8

Football, Buffalo Bills. They're an automatic write-off every year.

Really? The Bills? As a loyalist, I'm taken aback, if only because they were the winningest team of the 90s. I know that means very little when you're counting championship banners, but they certainly don't seem to me to be irrelevant.

But that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I definitely agree with the Hawks suggestion though. In fact, there are plenty of "blah" NBA franchises: Magic, Hawks, Warriors, Raptors. It's cyclical with the NBA though. Three years ago, the Nuggets and Cavs would definitely be on this list. But now?

Not meant to be an insult to the Bills, but it just seems like anytime someone picks the Bills, they get laughed at. They've lost the Super Bowl..4 times, I think. They're ok, but they've never been exciting.

About the Hawks, I grew up not knowing there was a basketball team in Atlanta...and I lived in Atlanta.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In defense of the Brewers: sausage races and Bob Uecker.

Also, the Original Six can't be "blah." They're the Original Six, you guys.

Exactly. Except the Habs, I'm fearful for this season. Or maybe thats just the fan in me are worried

As far as major colleges go, one could be easily fooled into thinking that Missouri had no flagship univerity, much less one that was a member of the Big 12...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Okay, I'm just curious as to how people can put the Nuggets and Mariners on the list.

The Nuggets pulled off the greatest upset in the history of the NBA playoffs in 1994. Mutombo holding the ball while laying on the free throw line in Seattle is something no one can forget. They were constantly a good team in the ABA and through the 80's with players like David Thompson, Alex English, Dan Issel and more. In the early 90's they had a very good team that took out the #1 Supersonics and took the Jazz to 7 games in the second round being the #8 seed. With the likes of Dikembe Mutombo, LaPhonso Ellis, Dale Ellis, Bryant Stith, Mahamoud Abdul-Rauf, Antonio McDyess & Rodney Rogers. Then after Bickerstaff got ahold of the team, he tore it apart and they went through the roughest streak in their history. In that time they had Chauncey Billups, Bobby Jackson, Nick Van Exel and other big names that once played for them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the 1996 Nuggets beat the Bulls, by a nice margin, and that is the year the Bulls only lost what, 7 or 8 games all season. The Nuggets frequently used to play spoiler in the early 90's. Now they're not living up to expectations.

Now the Mariners, they had one of the most powerful teams in MLB history and won more games than any team ever in 2001. How can everyone for get that? Even though they choked that season away to the freakin' Yankees.

No longer, but for years and years I used to forget that Sacramento had a franchise in the NBA. I just turned to MSG to see what happened in the Rangers game, and my brother asked me, "The Capitals? What city is that?" I had to ask him if were kidding, since we used to have the Bruins' 1990 highlight video and watched it religiously. But forgetting that our nation's capital has a hockey team could fairly place them in such a category as this.

Damn...I think we found a TRUE winner.

The Milwaukee Brewers.

(May as well put the Bucks in there, as well, on that note--well, except now because they're getting new uniforms--and with it a new moniker: the Milwaukee Reindeer.)

heh, if it were 10 years ago and the Warriors were still good, I'd agree with ya on the Bucks. I don't remember seein a damn thing with the Bucks logo on it til Glenn Robinson came up...come to think of it, until Jordan's retirement (II), all I saw NBA wise was Bulls or Hornets, with the odd Knicks shirt. Shoot, even a half hour south of the Mil, it was very easy to forget the Bucks were still in the league cus the Bulls were on WGN or TNT damn near every night while the Bucks didn't even have a good local deal then (though now they do, coinciding with the Bulls only really being on WGN on Saturdays)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

NFL:  Cleveland, Detroit and New Orleans

I must rebut New Orleans. The Saints haven't won much but have been anything but blah in doing so. For example, they:

- scored the first time they ever touched the ball

- kicked the longest FG in NFL history - (63 yards)

- scored one of the most exciting touchdowns in NFL history then MISSED THE EXTRA POINT to lose the game

- had one of the most unusual and appropriate radio calls ever ("There is a God after all!")

- once cut a player because he couldn't find the Superdome (as related by Archie Manning in an NFL Films feature)

- lost by one point to the Cowboys when Ken Stabler was sacked in his own end zone for a safety with a minute left in the game (week 4 of the 1983 season)

- traded their entire draft for Ricky Williams

A checkered and depressing past to be sure, but certainly not "blah." Now the Lions and Cardinals, well, I think there's a compelling "blah" case for them.

As another rebut of New Orleans, they were involved in the only punt return longer than 100 yards in the NFL's history.

Yes, but sadly, they were the punting team. :-(

Honestly, how many of you know that a punt isn't dead when it rolls into the end zone? The receiving team can pick it up and run with it. As the Rams showed the Saints.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I cant believe any of you would be this ignorant and uninformed to list the Orioles in this thread. You have no knowledge of sports whatsoever if you think they've always been irrelevant. It's just ridiculous for you to even think about putting them down. They were the best team in baseball for nearly 30 years, but you have a ridiculously high level of idiocy apparently, because you posted them and they have no reason to be on this list. Just because we currently have the worst owner in professional sports does not mean we've always been irrelevant. Don't waste your time on sports if you think this way.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

MLB: Colorado Rockies. They're always the last MLB team I can remember.

NBA: Warriors. Same reason.

NFL: Jaguars. Meh.

NHL: Several, for various reasons. Florida and Nashville, just because. If Alex Ovechkin didn't exist then Washington would've been my pick. Except for him they're basically an expansion team, ie: mostly comprised of players that no other team really wants. Next, I would say the Leafs. They are by no means blah, but they haven't done :censored: to deserve as much attention or press coverage as they do. And that's coming form a Leafs fan.

Archived