Joe Torre FIred! Lou Piniella to become Manager

NJTank

George simply wants the attention of baseball now that his team is eliminated.

He has a serious hard on for Pinella.

Torre should be the Yankee manager until he decides to step down.

When will George realize that no other person will/can manage the Yankees as well as Torre has?

Especially with the Mets in the NLCS

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Mr. Angelos

Please hire Mr. Torre ASAP! Oh and sell the team to an investment group led by Ripken Baseball and get back to exploiting the American legal system.

Thanks,

The Fans of Baltimore

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Joe Torre wasn't the problem...having a group of superstars instead of a team of players did the Yankees in, in addition to George Steinbrenner basically making the position of Yankee GM figurehead, and going after whatever big name player is on the market. This is a shame, you win 9 straight divisional titles and 3 World Series for the Boss and you get fired like this. Torre deserved better, and I seriously hope that whatever team he winds up managing again (if he chooses to manage again) either wins the World Series or eliminates the Yankees if the Yankees ever make it to the playoffs again. And as for the Yanks right now, I also seriously believe that the only way the Yankees will win another title is if George kicks the bucket. Because the way this is going, the Yankees will become the Raiders of Major League Baseball, with Steinbrenner being Al Davis. And it will be hilarious.

the way this is going, the Yankees will become the Raiders of Major League Baseball, with Steinbrenner being Al Davis. And it will be hilarious.

Nasty combover and monochome sweatsuits incuded?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

heres to next years division champions the Toronto Blue Jays.

Fixed that for you. :flagcanada:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

For what its worth....as of 8:00 pm Fox reports that there is no talk at all between Pinella and "the boss"....Fox interview by phone.....Pinella has no Idea where this is coming from....but anyone with sports knowledge knows......THE MEDIA....The N.Y. Post is a RAG MAGAZINE at Best...if Torre is fired...which would be a BIG mistake....did the N.Y. post report it first?....no...when the news conference is held...that is when you can believe....... Rumours and spectulation...it gets old quick....Torre has had to put up with way too much B.S. from the N.Y. media and has handled all with class...I could go on but what would be the point....

As sad as it is that Torre will be the fall guy, it has been 6 years since a World Series. Most other coaches don't last that long, unless their name rhymes with "Dobby Sox".

I see a fiery Piniella turning the Yankees into a fighting team, in more ways than one. Torre managed with class, and aside from the few Sox-Yankees skirmishes, he and the team always took the high road. Piniella puts himself in the middle of it, and brings extra attention to himself.

I guess it's fortunate that A-Rod probably won't be around, so you won't have to see him and Lou fighting for the spotlight.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Perhaps Joe will stay in pinstripes, moving over to the Cubs.... Hmmm.

I doubt he will go to the Cubs manager. The possibilities I see are the Red Sox if they dump Francona (It is a long time rumor that if the Yankees ever let go of Joe Torre the Red Sox would try to hire him). If not I can see him going to the Mets as a bench coach for Willie Randolph who is a friend and was a long time coach for Torre with the Yankees. It would be sort of the same thing as Torre has with Don Zimmer from 1996-2003.

I wonder what the Yankees' regulations say about Piniella bleaching his hair again....

(That was Lou, wasn't it?)

I actually saw Lou today(I was watching "Little Big League" randomly).

As for Torre being fired, I can't see this as a smart move by the Yankees, but I also can't say as though I'm minding it. As long as he doesn't end up in Boston or Philly, I'm alright with it.

I'm a Yankees fan. I love the Yankees. But Joe Torre is not Jesus, he didnt even have a winning record as a manager untill he became the manager of the Yanks. There is nothing magical or Casey Stengalesc about him. If Stienbrenner decideds to can him, than good.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived