Hamilton Penguins

BrianVlietDesign

Here is my interpretation of what the Penguins may look like if they relocate to Hamilton, Ontario. What I have done with this concept is combine styles the Penguins have used in the past and what they use in the present. Also, a few new details were added to the look. So, here they are. The Hamilton Penguins...

4bh63wg.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I would think if they moved to Hamilton they would be renamed, possibly to Tigers. I'd like to see an updated Hamilton Tigers set if anyone's up for it.

I don't think they'd name them the Tigers, they already have the Tigercats (CFL), but it would be a good throwback name, just like Ottawa did with the Senators.

I like the concept. I've always liked the baby blue Penguins jerseys. I agree about the baby blue helmet, that needs to go. The primary logo looks a little too cartoony. The wordmark is a little odd, not very attention grabbing. Overall I like what you've done! Good job!

As a side note: Do you think Hamilton would be able to support an NHL team? It's a decent sized city, but with them already having the Bulldogs, and Toronto being so close, would that be a bit too much competition?

I would think if they moved to Hamilton they would be renamed, possibly to Tigers. I'd like to see an updated Hamilton Tigers set if anyone's up for it.

I don't think they'd name them the Tigers, they already have the Tigercats (CFL), but it would be a good throwback name, just like Ottawa did with the Senators.

I like the concept. I've always liked the baby blue Penguins jerseys. I agree about the baby blue helmet, that needs to go. The primary logo looks a little too cartoony. The wordmark is a little odd, not very attention grabbing. Overall I like what you've done! Good job!

As a side note: Do you think Hamilton would be able to support an NHL team? It's a decent sized city, but with them already having the Bulldogs, and Toronto being so close, would that be a bit too much competition?

I'm pretty sure the Bulldogs would move if the Penguins were to set up shop there. The proximety of Buffalo and Toronto would be a concern, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If the Pens move I really hope the City of Pittsburgh makes a stink and keeps the name and history like the Cleveland Browns did, why because 5 years after the Pens move the city will finally build a new arena and will try to get an expansion team or steal a team from another city.

Same as the others, ditch the light blue helmet.

Something is bugging me about the logo, and I think it's the triangle. If they're not in Pittsburgh anymore than they don't really need it.

If the Pens move I really hope the City of Pittsburgh makes a stink and keeps the name and history like the Cleveland Browns did, why because 5 years after the Pens move the city will finally build a new arena and will try to get an expansion team or steal a team from another city.

I, for one, think less of the Cleveland fans for the whole "Cleveland Plan" stink.

Also, I would not share your optimism on the NHL coming back if the Penguins were to move out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The NHL has trademarked that icon, but it's not really the Hamilton Tigers logo as it appeared on their uniforms. The NHL just lifted it from a (very poor) sketch in a book titled "Trail of the Stanley Cup"

This is a much more definitive logo for the tigers IMO

HAM-T_6834.gif

DEATH TO REEBOK

To letterform:

There was a pro team that used Arial for their wordmark?

Oh. My. God.

Oh, and to the original poster:

Your shoulder logos should not be visible on both the front and back of the jersey unless there are four shoulder logos on that jersey.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

With the exception of recolouring the helmet and an existing wordmark it's exactly the same.

I made changes with the shoulder logo. I only changed the "flaws" to the concept. As far as the wordmark goes. I didn't really feel like it need a big change to it. When the Oilers left Houston in '97, they didn't change their wordmark. Except for the Tennessee part.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived