Sabres wearing 3rd jerseys tonight

jcjr81

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um...interesting... this completly betrays the whole retro ways of the jersey by using modern shorts, helmets and stupid number placement. The whole number on the front is growing on me...but I'd HATE to see it happen to every team or for it to remain past this season because it wont work well with some teams crests...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You know what, front numbers might not be such a bad idea after all. I'd have to see it adapted on several other sweaters before I endorse it fully. I don't think it'd work well for the Rangers, obviously.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's an idea. Front numbers in place of the C or A for everybody else, figuring that captains and alternates can be identified without numbers. What about that?

Here's an idea. Front numbers in place of the C or A for everybody else, figuring that captains and alternates can be identified without numbers. What about that?

Not a bad idea, but in the case of the Sabres they have alternating captains so the C's and A's won't always be on the same players. Not that they can't also be identified by the sleeve numbers, but just sayin.

unless i see the C or the A, i would have no idea who each teams captain and alternates are. especially with teams changing captains all the time.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

unless i see the C or the A, i would have no idea who each teams captain and alternates are. especially with teams changing captains all the time.

No, the C and A would be there in lieu of a number. I was unclear, sorry.

capt.1fbd550966524b30b4df04095137827b.rangers_sabres_hockey_nydh102.jpg

gee, I didn't expect for them to put a number on the front of the throwback jerseys. I'm not sure if this will be a trend. Perhaps some teams will do this in the future. I also see numbers on the waist area like the Dodgers. :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived