Dallas Stars Alternate Concept...

ColeJ

colestarsconcept06.png

quick and clean explanation:

stars don't have an alternate, since the mooterus died.

the stars president has said on multiple occasions that from now on, the stars will try to look more traditional and conservative.

everyone and their dog loves the minnesota north stars uniforms, and the stars honor their history more than any other relocated franchise in the sport, so wearing that sweater design isn't completely out of the question.

a few years back, when i was still running my dallas stars fan site "lone star central", i allowed fans a chance to take a shot at designing a sweater that they think looks better than the mooterus. i got a couple really good concepts.

one of these concepts came from a good friend of mine, by the name of ken chernoff (you may know him, from either this forum, or my doubleminor.net)

i loved his logo concept, of a primary Big D... his original concept can be seen by clicking this sentence.

I loved the logo so much, because i read so much into it. i'm not sure what all his intentions were with the logo, but i think it makes a perfect stars alternate mark because it ties in with the past so well. first of all, obviously, it's a large capital letter, with a star on it... just like the old north stars... however, where the old logo was also a compass, pointing to a star in the northern part of the logo, this concept logo has the star in the south western portion of the logo.

long story short, i recently was looking through my harddrive, and found the old concept from 2004 that chernoff made, remembered how great the logo was, and dropped him an email about getting a copy of the vector... then i made a few alterations, to make it fit into my package, and this is what came of it.

i don't deserve most of the credit for this uniform concept, as i just grabbed bits and peices that other people designed, and put them together in my own frankensweater... but that doesn't mean i can't share my vision with the masses :)

other quick obvious notes, brought back the drop shadow that the stars dropped a few years before the move to texas... only it's black, instead of gold.

used a tie-up collar, even though the north stars only ever wore a tie-up for less than 1 full season... but i think it works anyway.

i also obviously updated the colors of the old north stars sweaters, to match the darker colors of the dallas stars.

so, any and all comments are more than welcome, as always.

WOW, that's the one word I can use to describe this. This is fantastic. I especially love the logo you came up with.

If you read what he said, that logo isn't completely his. That being said, this is one hell of a concept. I would love it if they used these.

That is better than their current jerseys! I heard that one the tight jerseys come out the Stars will have a more traditional look. I would not complain if they looked like this.

Very well done.

WOW, that's the one word I can use to describe this. This is fantastic. I especially love the logo you came up with.

If you read what he said, that logo isn't completely his. That being said, this is one hell of a concept. I would love it if they used these.

Either way, it's an answer concept. Kudos to both guys.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I absolutely LOVE this jersey. For the last week or so people have been talking about new dallas jerseys. I actually had a jersey like that in mind. Its great. However, I am not a big fan of the logo. I would use their primary and scrap dallas from the top of that. Then, make a white to go with it and the stars would have a great set for next year.

GREAT WORK!!!

Dan

Also, I'd add the 3 stars back on the side of the pants.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I absolutely LOVE this jersey. For the last week or so people have been talking about new dallas jerseys. I actually had a jersey like that in mind. Its great. However, I am not a big fan of the logo. I would use their primary and scrap dallas from the top of that. Then, make a white to go with it and the stars would have a great set for next year.

GREAT WORK!!!

Dan

Also, I'd add the 3 stars back on the side of the pants.

Dan

if anything goes on the side of the pants, it's the DALLAS text, from 93-99 :hockeysmiley:

nice but i think it would look with the alternate logo with the texas map and it need more black and gold and less white.

no thanks.

you've completely missed the point of the concept. thanks for playing.

I love it. It's near perfect in my eyes. I'm kind of curious if you would move the start up towards the top of the D on the left side, and kind of make an updated North Stars logo, but with a "D", obviously.

Did that make any sense?

Edit: nevermind...it makes sense being at the "south" of the D.

I have to say, this is perhaps one of the best Dallas Stars concepts I've ever seen. This would make the perfect alternate for them, as it looks back at the franchise's past, and adds on elements of the franchise today. Plus it goes to show that not all teams need a black alt.

If you want to make any additions, I suggest adding the Dallas Stars primary logo on the shoulders, or perhaps even a 'retro-ed' version of that logo to fit with the design of this jersey.

Overall, an amazing job. :D

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived