Not THAT kind of "Red" Raiders

DrBear

At Wauwatosa (WI) East High School, they're dropping the Indian aspects from the nickname Red Raiders and are offering three choices to vote on:

The old logo:

OldEastlogo.jpg

New Choice No. 1

EastLogo1_100.jpg

New Choice No. 2

EastLogo2_100.jpg

New Choice No. 3

EastLogo3_150.jpg

(By the way, the TE monogram comes from Tosa East, the shorthand way of referring to the school.)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Ah, my old high school.

They unveiled that stupid arrow logo after I gradtuated - had I still been there, I would have submitted a design. Even back then, I couldn't have done much worse.

It replaced an Indian head graphic. They considered changing themes then - to a paladin or pirate - but for some reason stuck with the indian theme.

As far as these designs do, I find them all uninspiring. the TE monogram doesn't make much sense (does a man named Bill use the monogram "B" or "W" on his shirts?).

Slightly bigger graphics:

crest_1.gif

white-te_1.gif

with-spears_1.gif

I'm going to vote for either #3 - not crazy about the wordmark, but I like the shield. It'll look good on its own.

My fiance's alma mater still uses Red Raiders w/ an indian connotation. They use this logo on several sports uniforms and surfaces:

raiderschief3.jpg and the football helmet is the florida state spear. This logo is for the "midget league football" team: CMFL-football-Logo-color.jpg. The mascot is a student in full Native American gear doing all kinds of goofy "indian" dances.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Are you guys the Red Raiders or the Maroon Raiders? Maybe it's this pc screen, but the logo you guys used to have seems like it's straight red; the three examples you listed all have a much darker shade of red. Just a point of curiosity...

...Oh--and btw, by default, I also go with #3.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are you guys the Red Raiders or the Maroon Raiders? Maybe it's this pc screen, but the logo you guys used to have seems like it's straight red; the three examples you listed all have a much darker shade of red. Just a point of curiosity...

...Oh--and btw, by default, I also go with #3.

Yeah, the new logos do tend more toward burgundy than the scarlet of the old logo.

BTW, although I couldn't find a good picture, the football team's helmets are black with a white KC-style arrowhead.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

The color is interesting - looks like they're going with a true cardinal, which is the school's official color (the student newspaper is the Cardinal News). Then again, Wisconsin's official color is cardinal, and they've worn candy-apple red for as long as I can remember.

Here are the current football uniforms. Not a great pic, but what can you do:

sports5.jpg

Ugh. They didn't wear black in my day....

And FWIW, here's the baseball logo:

TElogo.JPG

Gives you an idea of what the TE logo will really look like.

And just to complete the journey down Memory Lane, here's the logo the school used when I went there, 1986-1990:

tosaeast031306.jpg

I had that guy silkscreened on to my shirt when I was on the tennis team....

Archived