Raptors court is two-tone..

Old School Fool

Out of the different varnished, maple courts, this one looks the best. Better than PHX and CLE. One thing that I am not sure about is the fact that they have the NBA free throw lane in a separate color (red). If there was a Canadian collegaiate game, wouldn't they replace the key with International squares to make the hexagon? Officials can tell a 3-pointer from a regular attempt, for sure here.

the only other thing I noticed was that Air Canada Center when empty look a lot like the American Airlines Arena (Miami) when empty.

Is it just me, or does it look like there was a half-assed job done at center court where the claw is? It looks like the varnish is lighter there, kind of in a circular shape around the claw. It's as if they removed the previous logo from that spot, and did a poor job matching the varnish color to the rest of the court.

Is it just me, or does it look like there was a half-assed job done at center court where the claw is? It looks like the varnish is lighter there, kind of in a circular shape around the claw. It's as if they removed the previous logo from that spot, and did a poor job matching the varnish color to the rest of the court.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

Could that be from the scoreboard above? I believe the Air Canada logo at the bottom of the scoreboard has light shining through it, maybe it's a reflection of that light? There are a number of other places on the court where you can see light hitting the floor. Not sure.

Seriously though. With all the work they've done repainting their court, switching road and alternates unis, and then coming up with new uniform sets, you'd think they'd bother to announce a new primary logo for the team. How hard is it to add some script to the claw logo (which is now everywhere, with the Barney look-a-like nowhere to be seen) and slap it on a background for a press conference? It's just stupid for them to have a court, uniforms, and general look that doesn't match their logo at all.

I can't remember if it was at SkyDome or when they first played at Air Canada Centre, but the Raptors used to have a floor that was parque but kind of on an angle, it was like no other floor I had ever seen. It was almost zig-zag and maze-like That court was perhaps the best court in NBA history (besides the Bucks MECCA/Robert Indiana Floor).

I can't find a photo of it, but maybe someone here remembers what I am talking about.

It's a funny contradiction with all the Maple Leaf blue everywhere.

really not much maple leaf blue, the only blue is in the upper bowl, where half the seats are blue, but not much blue in the ACC.

And a bunch of upper bowl seats are purple too, they really tried to divide the exposure at the ACC between the two teams.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Long time lurker, first time poster...

To carry on Paul Lukas's topic of the ball in the logo, old eight panel ball used in the claw logo...

Hmm. Maybe the Raps can get Shaq now :P

As for the lighter circle, I'm almost positive that's the scoreboard. It's exactly the same size as the circle on the underside of the scoreboard.

I can't remember if it was at SkyDome or when they first played at Air Canada Centre, but the Raptors used to have a floor that was parque but kind of on an angle, it was like no other floor I had ever seen. It was almost zig-zag and maze-like That court was perhaps the best court in NBA history (besides the Bucks MECCA/Robert Indiana Floor).

I can't find a photo of it, but maybe someone here remembers what I am talking about.

I remember, and I'm only 16.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived