Non Slug-hates unite!

NickNickNick

Am I the only one on this board who doesn't hate Buffalo's new logo completely? I understand that they could have done SO MUCH more with it...but really, the slug isn't soooo bad.

I think that if nobody had created an alternative design for this thing, nobody would be complaining this much.

I hope I don't get kicked off this board for voicing this opinion... :D

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I'd complain. It's not a sabre. Therefore it sucks. Last time it frustrated me, but this time they were supposed to correct things...go back to their color scheme and back to a relevant logo (doesn't imply it had to look anything like an old logo...just be relevant). And they didn't. It sucks.

Stick that sucker on the shoulders and I could deal with it. It's an awful primary.

I'll agree with you to a point. It is a good logo, just not as a primary mark. If they were to use their crossed-sabres alt logo from the red and black era as a the primary and place the Buffaslug on the shoulder, I wouldn't have a beef, and I would think many other on here agree with me. It's just that the Buffaslug does nothing to embody the team name, just the city.

Its not a sabre

Its not a buffalo

Its a Slug

It's a buffalo. Quit acting like it's a slug. It's a buffalo. Whether you like it or not, it's a buffalo.

I like it more every day. Is it a perfect logo? No. But I still like it. It's fine. No need to change it.

Im ashamed to admit this but the Blue home jersey is growing on me.

Dan

Well you better take it off before it grows as big as a tent! *rimshot*

lol

Oh, and it's a slug. no doubt. I don't even see a bison anymore. I kind of did at first, but now when I look at it, I only see slug.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I ain't afraid to say it - I like the slug! Is it one of the best logos ever? Nooooo, but it ain't THAT bad, IMHO. I actually like the jerseys too.

Ahhhh....there, I feel so much better.

Its not a sabre

Its not a buffalo

Its a Slug

It's a sperm on fire...

and there we have the best definition of the logo thus far.

If it's supposed to be a buffalo, then it should look like a Buffalo, not a pissed off sheep/ram. You can try to twist this any way you see fit, but this thing is a Buffalo only if you look at the head alone.

Why is it so hard for a team called the Sabres to actually have a Sabre in the primary logo somewhere? I miss those red alts already...

Come to think of it, Sabres is a stupid name. I think teams should be named after some kind of sentient being. No inanimate objects (sabres, leafs, socks, etc.), no natural phenomena (lightning, storm, heat, etc.) and definitely no, emm.... I can't think of the word for it, but examples are names like the Liberty, Force, Power, etc.

So it's not their fault for having a bad logo. It's their fault for having a bad name.

Its not a sabre

Its not a buffalo

Its a Slug

It's a buffalo. Quit acting like it's a slug. It's a buffalo. Whether you like it or not, it's a buffalo.

I like it more every day. Is it a perfect logo? No. But I still like it. It's fine. No need to change it.

It's not a buffalo or a slug. It's a travesty. It looks like a giant snot rocket in mid-flight after someone launched it from their nostril.

It doesn't matter because once the team realizes the throwback uniforms are outselling the Reebok disasters, the new logo will be phased out. Should take about 5 years.

Its not a sabre

Its not a buffalo

Its a Slug

Last time I checked, buffaloes had faces....and legs....and same-colored horns....and tails.

Its not a sabre

Its not a buffalo

Its a Slug

It's not a buffalo or a slug. It's a travesty.

:rolleyes:

The disproportionate, miscolored horns really set me off. They neither appear to be the same size, shape or position, nevermind the fact that one is white and one is yellow. If that really is a buffalo, all the other bisons are making fun of him.

I don't understand how they can be considered disproportionate. The buffalo is not charging directly from right to left, it's supposed to be on an angle, hence why the horns are shaped and angled differently. The old logo had the same thing.

BUF_28.gif

OMG! TWO DIFFERENT COLORED HORNS! IT'S A GOAT! THEY AREN'T THE BUFFALO GOATS!!!!

I don't understand how they can be considered disproportionate. The buffalo is not charging directly from right to left, it's supposed to be on an angle, hence why the horns are shaped and angled differently. The old logo had the same thing.

BUF_28.gif

OMG! TWO DIFFERENT COLORED HORNS! IT'S A GOAT! THEY AREN'T THE BUFFALO GOATS!!!!

I don't recall people being fond of that logo either

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived