MLB "FB" (football?) caps by New Era

NDwas

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My St. Louis Cardinals Navy cap with Gold logo came to my local LIDS today. It looks pretty nice but I'm worried now if I wear it, I might look like Nelly!! :D

as long as you don't start wearing your jerseys backwards, put grills in your mouth or put a bandaid under one eye, you should be alright ;)

oh yeah, don't buy any percentage of the Bobcats either :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've seen the Nats-in-burgundy cap on the street and now I see it's not made anymore. The white is too bland and black is NOT a Redskins color.

I think Distant Replays still has the Nats hat in Skins colors.

Is this a violation of their lack of a contract with the NFL? You'd think they could get into some trouble, but I don't know the law.

It may be trademark infringement if the NFL wants to press it. I was actually thinking that the MLB is diluting their trademarks by allowing such a use (which could resulting in losing the rights), but then with all the New Era fashion caps out there, those trademarks are already long diluted. Guess it probably doesn't matter with a "famous mark." Maybe the MLB could arrange some sort of exemption like they have from antitrust laws!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I know the point isn't to necessarily connect MLB/NFL teams in the same area, but dammit... I WANNA SEE A GREEN & GOLD MB-GLOVE!!! I think it's safe to say that the Packers are the most popular team in Milwaukee and the glove is the most popular logo (def more popular than the current Brew Crew logo) so new era would stand to make a killing.

That said, I still might buy the "Pack-rates" joint as well as the black Nat-skins (not a fan, but the hat is sharp). The Twins/Vikings is nice too.

brew.png

Ha ha

I wish that they would expand the concept to do old school colors of football teams. I actually would like the Cardinals cap that Nelly wore in the Country Grammar video that had the old Rams colors. That was really nice.

Lids actually expanded the line from Finish Line caps from last year but they left out some caps that FL offered like a Pirates cap in Steeler colors (only difference from the game cap was a yellow undervisor and a white P instead of yellow) and a Phillies cap in NE Patriots colors (Blue crown, red undervisor, White P logo). There was also a Dodgers cap done in LA Raider colors too.

I also wish that they did a SF Giants cap with the Cardinal/Maroon crown and visor instead of black. That would have been cool!!!

My St. Louis Cardinals Navy cap with Gold logo came to my local LIDS today. It looks pretty nice but I'm worried now if I wear it, I might look like Nelly!! :D

as long as you don't start wearing your jerseys backwards, put grills in your mouth or put a bandaid under one eye, you should be alright ;)

oh yeah, don't buy any percentage of the Bobcats either :D

I don't see the MLB-in-NFL-colors caps on Distant Replay. They have two Nats-in-Skins-colors on Lids -- the white one and the black one.

Still looking .....

http://www.distantreplays.com/distant/prod...IFDFAJLGBK&

Would have never thought to look in the NFL section ..... :wacko: ..... considering that it's based on an MLB logo.

Thanks.

I've seen the Nats-in-burgundy cap on the street and now I see it's not made anymore. The white is too bland and black is NOT a Redskins color.

You should probably look a little closer at your avatar.

And neither is the brown/tan to depict the skin color of that Indian in the logo. There are still only three -- burgundy, gold and white.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Once people figure this out, they're going to be a lot happier and understand what's going on.

Seattle Mariners' "S" is done with the Saints and Seahawks colors...Cincinnati Reds' "C" is for Chicago (Bears) and Cincinnati (Bengals)...the Indians' "I" was done in Indianapolis blue and white...the Boston Red Sox "B" was done for Buffalo and Baltimore and the Browns...Pittsburgh Pirates' "P" was done for the Patriots and Packers...Detroit Tigers' "D" is Detroit Lions colors and Dallas Cowboys colors...Texas Rangers' "T" is in Titans colors, and so on.

the problem with this is that its not uniform. some teams use the logo for team name. others take it for city names. so all it ends up doing is confusing people.

only 5 MLB teams use letters that arent the letters of the city they are from (A's, O's, Astros, Indians,WhiteSox) so New Era should stick with this tradition in their NFL hats. using a non city letter (Indians) for a city name (Indianapolis) is just wrong imo. i am against the idea of using the Boston B because that is universally know as the Red Sox. it might work in Cleveland(Browns) but not anywhere else (Buffalo?!).

Well based on the 'rules' I would like to see a Nationals DC hat done in navy and silver for the Cowboys. Actually that would look pretty sweet.

excellent idea

And what are the people in LA gonna get?

There's an NFL team in LA?

No. But from what I think I know most of LA roots for the Raiders, but Oakland already has a baseball team so what would New Era do there?

i would much rather see LA done in USC or UCLA colors! that would look awesome. they could definately try the raiders in LA also.

plus, what is stopping New Era from stopping just at the NFL? how about some nice NBA mockups? like LA done in Clippers and Lakers? NY done in Knicks colors? W script done in Wizards colors?

I know the point isn't to necessarily connect MLB/NFL teams in the same area, but dammit... I WANNA SEE A GREEN & GOLD MB-GLOVE!!! I think it's safe to say that the Packers are the most popular team in Milwaukee and the glove is the most popular logo (def more popular than the current Brew Crew logo) so new era would stand to make a killing.

You know what I'd really like to see? A Packers cap in the current Brewers colors. The perfect blend of the Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi eras.

I know, I know, they can't make one, this is about the recolored MLB logos, but I was just thinking about what I'd do if the situation was reversed. The answer: buy five or ten of them. :D

I was wondering if any of you guys have one of these yet? I'm wondering if they're like a traditional 5950 or if they're more like the hip hop New Era fitteds.

i ordered one for this guy. he told me he had CHARGERS jersey and he wanted a fitted to match it up with. so i order him the navy and yellow padres(size 8) hat. it comes in and goes that wont match. its more of a gold color and its marshall faulk. i wasnt gonna call the guy out and say that Faulk never played for the chargers but i just returned it and now i am stuck with it.

but i will check it out tomorrow and let you know if its 100% wool, 100% poly. or if its a Wool Blend.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I was wondering if any of you guys have one of these yet? I'm wondering if they're like a traditional 5950 or if they're more like the hip hop New Era fitteds.

i ordered one for this guy. he told me he had CHARGERS jersey and he wanted a fitted to match it up with. so i order him the navy and yellow padres(size 8) hat. it comes in and goes that wont match. its more of a gold color and its marshall faulk. i wasnt gonna call the guy out and say that Faulk never played for the chargers but i just returned it and now i am stuck with it.

but i will check it out tomorrow and let you know if its 100% wool, 100% poly. or if its a Wool Blend.

heh, was the ram head on the sleeves not enough to convince dude it could possibly, ya know, be some other team's jersey? :D

heh...I heard ya the first time :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You know what I'd really like to see? A Packers cap in the current Brewers colors. The perfect blend of the Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi eras.

I know, I know, they can't make one, this is about the recolored MLB logos, but I was just thinking about what I'd do if the situation was reversed. The answer: buy five or ten of them. :D

Even better if they used Vince's old "GB" logo. But yea... that'd look nice with a 94 Favre throwback.

brew.png

Archived