All time NHL best by jersey numbers

spyboy1

Sorry if this has been posted before. A fun list to check out on page two from Sports Illustrated.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...bers/index.html

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

87 Sidney Crosby

Maybe I don't know much about hockey, but they're telling me up until last season not one decent player wore 87?

Well for one Sidney Crosby is a pretty good hockey player... and do you really see #87 as a popular number? I can't remember anyone prior to Sid wearing it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Well for one Sidney Crosby is a pretty good hockey player... and do you really see #87 as a popular number? I can't remember anyone prior to Sid wearing it.

Donald Brashear

Guess who wins that one

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Brash is the only guy I can think of, but I'd still give the nod to Crosby. Brash's most memorable moment was being a victim of a homerun ball courtesy Marty McSorley.

Might I add.....TOMAS HOLMSTROM woooooooo! I would've put Bure as the top #96, but I realize he wore 10 for much of his career. I also would've had Pauly C at 77, but I really can't argue against Ray Bourque.

I think I might've played against a team coached by a guy on this list, #71 Mike Foligno....I can't remember if he actually coached for Hershey High, or his son(now an Ottawa Senator...well, in the system) just played for them.

Best Choice: Heinze 57!

They're kinda scrapin the bottom of the barrel on some of those high number picks, but I guess high numbers weren't traditional hockey numbers.

I immediately wondered "which North Star has the best chance to get it." I knew their best players had some stiff competition. I thought Dino Cicerrelli had an outside shot, but I forgot Robitaille. Then I thought "Brian Lawton. He may be the only player ever to wear 98." And sure enough...I doubt too many wore that number because Lawton stunk.

He was drafted high, and I think i heard that he chose the number because he was going to be just a notch below Gretzky. Not to long after that he was wearing number 8 (the team would later retire the number for Bill Goldsworthy).

So not many to choose from for some of those numbers...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yea, some of those are bottom scrapers. Marian Gaborik as #82? He wore that his rookie season for around a month and dropped it becuase he slumped as soon as he switched to it.

What's a "Jonathan Ferland" anyway?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Gaborik at 82 must've simply been a way to include him on the list. One would think that Martin Straka would have that sewn up.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Gaborik at 82 must've simply been a way to include him on the list. One would think that Martin Straka would have that sewn up.

yah, that's what i was thinking the list is good up until number 30 then it get's pretty spotty! I don't see how it's possible for Crosby to be the best to where 87 at this point. He skates miles around Brashaer. But after one year in the league I don't feel that's right. i have no doubt he'll be the best to where that number at the end of his career, but once a gain he's only played one year in the league. What if he suffers a career ending injury and only plays 2 years in the league? I'm sure theirs someone else who'd take that spot.

#13 Mats Sundin! that's what I'm talking about!

untitled-6.jpg

Good thing for him that Selanne switched to 8.

How in the hell can they mention the number 9, mention Howe and Hull, and not even give face time to Richard? This article is :censored: ing bull :censored: ing :censored:

Good thing for him that Selanne switched to 8.

How in the hell can they mention the number 9, mention Howe and Hull, and not even give face time to Richard? This article is :censored: ing bull :censored: ing :censored:

how so other then an incredable rookie year Selanne and sundin have been about the pretty equal other then the Colarado incindent! Funny enough after the lock-out Sundin asked John ferguson jr. to sign Selanne and ferguson said he was too old. Selanne signs for a million with the ducks and outscores everyone on the Leafs roster (goal wise). JFJ got served, and if i were mats i be uber p'ed off!

and yah as you said about #9 is true!

untitled-6.jpg

What's a "Jonathan Ferland" anyway?

Habs prospect who's playing in Hamilton now. Actually I think I'm related to him. My dad and I were at a bulldogs game, and my dad saw him, and started talking to him, turns out he's from the same town in Quebec as my Grandma, who's birthname was Ferland. So perhaps he's a distant cousin of mine.

Oh yeah and Patrice Brisbois, all-time greatest NHL #43 :hockeysmiley::D

1zqy8ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived